Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Anxiety and Panic Attacks -> Please help This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Please help

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Panic Attacks and Anxiety Resources

Free panic attacks course

What are panic attacks? (article)

Panic attacks and your basic needs (article)

Anxiety and depression (article)

Anxiety FAQ

Panic attacks CD

Panic attacks

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
pack523

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:41 am

Please help    Reply with quote  

Please Help!! Sad

Im a 14 year old who has a anxiety disorder. I get headaches, butterflys, bad thoughts, etc. that I can't control no matter how hard I try. Im on a medicene called zolft and I take the right amount. Im in thearapy right now and I was about two years ago. I talk to my parents about this and i get plenty of exercise. I use the advice that people give me but nothing is working. i don't know what it is with me but nothing works and im starting to feel like giving up because I don't know how much more anxiety I can take. I want my life back can anyone help. Crying or Very sad

finklsux

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:04 am

I'm a 15 year old and I feel the same way. Anxiety is killin my life. I never thought that someone around my age would experience the same thing. Anxiety started almost four years ago for me. I also want help. I just want you to know that u are not the only teen out there who has anxiety. Please, can someone help us. Crying or Very sad
grovelli
MVP
MVP

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:54 am

Welcom both to the forum!    Reply with quote  

Get control over unnecessary fear and anxiety
Do you ever feel that your thoughts and emotions control you, rather than the other way round?

Sometimes, you can feel as if something bad is about to happen for no apparent reason. As if you are about to have to do something, but you don't know what.

This sort of general anxiety or fear is usually generated by an unconscious response to the 'misuse' of the imagination. Basically, the 'back part' of the mind is getting the message from the imagination that something bad is going to happen, and so creates a state of readiness in the mind and body: anxiety.

This can partly be due to experiences in the past, or a lack of an ability to tolerate uncertainty - not knowing what is going to happen, but whatever the reason, the mind can learn to relax and take things as they come.

By enabling you to enter a calm and relaxed frame of mind, the unconscious mind can learn to 're-set' its responses to things back to normal, allowing you to enjoy every day with less anxiety, and more comfort.
Darren

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:37 pm

Definately not alone    Reply with quote  

Hi Guys,

My anxiety started when i was 18. I am now 24, and it is probably worse than it has ever been but i have now come to realise one fact. We have to stop fighting our conditions. Embrace them and concentrate on correcting them. Put all your energy into this, sure it isn't easy and sometimes you may feel like giving up but keep battling and when it is gone, and it will go, you will be stronger for your convictions.

Have a look at my site and let me know if you have any questions: www.becomeyourself.org.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: