Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Eating Disorders -> Want to gain weight ! This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Want to gain weight !

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
andrew.ace0

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 am

Want to gain weight !    Reply with quote  

Hi, This is Andrew 21year male about 5ft. 7.5inch tall and my weight is 50 kg. I'm from India. I eat 4 meals in 24hrs. I try to eat as much I can but then also can't put mass on myself. I also do tough workouts couple a day but the fact is that nothing noticeable change in physique. Kindly suggest me what should I do to get weight and if it possible to get some good source of food in budget then I would be gratefull to you Smile

Severijn
Preferred Member

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Want to gain weight !    Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by andrew.ace0
Hi, This is Andrew 21year male about 5ft. 7.5inch tall and my weight is 50 kg. I'm from India. I eat 4 meals in 24hrs. I try to eat as much I can but then also can't put mass on myself. I also do tough workouts couple a day but the fact is that nothing noticeable change in physique. Kindly suggest me what should I do to get weight and if it possible to get some good source of food in budget then I would be gratefull to you Smile

Hi andrew.ace0. You are probably what is called a "hardgainer".

Check this out for a second: http://stronglifts.com/hardgainers-gain-weight-skinny-guys/

You basically need to take it very seriously. Don't make any half-hearted effort. If you want to get bigger, you have to put in a lot of effort. (There are some genetic 'freaks' that lose fat quickly and get big quickly, called Mesomorhps. You are likely mostly a Ectomorph, as its called.)

Do you do weightlifting? Just doing cardio and basic exercise is not enough. You need to sign-up for a gym that has excellent weights (free weights are even better than machines).

You want to do especially Compound Movements (bench-press, etc.) These are movements that involve many muscles, not just one muscle (which is called an Isolation Movement).

Eat very healthy and enough (especially get enough protein). Also, do intense weight-lifting. These two together can make you bigger and stronger.

One last thing, great foods for getting bigger are: Chicken and low-fat Cottage Cheese. Both are full of protein, without much fat. Exactly what you need.

Two more links:
- http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/
- http://www.naturalphysiques.com/

Hope this helps you a bit!
stella_blues

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:46 am

Calories and unsaturated fat. Calories, foremost. Find a weight gain supplement that you like (most pharmacies, department stores, and supplement stores have a vast array of choices.) They can be pricey but think of it as like buying medicine.

Drink lots of whole milk! If you can get fresh raw milk, even better. If you don't like milk, add chocolate syrup. Eggs, eggs, eggs. Scrambled, fried, boiled, whatever. They're protein packed. Whole grains; brown rice, breakfast cereal, whole wheat bread.

Red meat, if you're an omnivore. Iron and protein. With meat, fiber is essential- so fruit and veggies are a must. Or at least a fiber supplement.

Potatoes and sweet potatoes. Bakes, mashed, boiled, fried with olive oil, whatever.

When you work out/lift, you burn calories. Sit down and figure out how many calories your burning (tons of websites out there to learn how to calculate this- it's pretty simiple.) Take that number and add it to 2500. That's the *least* amount of calories you should be taking in daily.

Best of luck! Let us know how you're getting on! Smile
andrew.ace0

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the above advice Smile Hope that I can stick with it Smile
Alber

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:39 pm

You must include those food in your diet plan that contain carbohydrates, Starch and protein source. The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, couscous, fresh and dried fruit.
andrew.ace0

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:06 am

Thank a lot Smile
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Id ask if you calorie intake means you should be putting on weight, and you still arent, that something is not right in your body. Over active thyroid? Digestive issue, i.e. celiac? Under methylator? B12 deficiency?
YaOldBuckaroo

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Want to gain weight !    Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by andrew.ace0

Hi Andrew

Try eating the following:

bagels
avocados
dried fruits
pasta
granola

They're healthy foods that'll help you gain mass.

Max
james12

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:59 am

I think as per you age your weight is right. But then also if you wan to look like a healthy then follow some healthy diet foods and exercise which will always help you for weight gain and your body will also look better.
L3XB0X

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Weights and protein are probably your best bet if you're looking for muscle mass. Lean cuts of meat, eggs, etc. and Low rep/high intensity weights.
Denley

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:58 pm

If you want to gain the weight very quickly than you must use phentermine. Phentermine is the very beneficial for the health and also helpful to build the body muscles.
james12

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:04 am

First of all I want to tell you that do not use any pills to gain you weight. Try to follow some natural way like weight gain diet plan and daily exercise which will help you to gain your weight. You can also take the help of some professional who will tell you the better ways to gain weight.
Cuthberts

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:00 pm

If you want to gain the weight you must eat the foods that are rich of with proteins like red meat butter and nuts they help you in gain the weight.
Jan Kanty

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:06 am

Diet for weight gain:

The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods,
carbohydrate
is also assential part for the weight gain,
The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit.....
Jonnyblue

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi,
I also have a very similar problem. I am 26, 5’8” and also weigh about 50kg.
I eat 3 decent meals a day, usually a LOT of carbs and cheese with a good amount of protean plus I snack pretty much constantly between meals.
Yet I have never in my life weighed more than 52kg. I have to constantly force myself to eat even when not hungry just to maintain my weight. When I separated from my wife about a year ago I stopped eating so much and dropped down to 42kg in just 2 weeks! It’s taken all this time just to get back to here.
I have tried for years to get to a decent weight, including going to the gym but all that changed was my bank balance, although I was probably a lot healthier and fitter for it.
I would love to know if there is something I am missing? Really hate it when people say “just eat more”! It’s not that simple. I do eat, quite a lot too but nothing much seems to work.

Jon

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: