Does appearance matter a lot?

Postby Daniel_ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Candid wrote:Funny thread :D

Funny ? I am actually trying to help him but I don't believe that giving answer right away i.e. understanding things logically makes people change :)
Daniel_

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm tickled by the way you always call him You. Do you think he's God?
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 11

Postby Daniel_ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:19 pm

No he is not :P but in my opinion it is polite since I write I with capital i :)
Daniel_

Postby Candid » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Fair comment. I'm (as of now) starting a movement to have the first person singular pronoun written i, unless it starts a sentence.

This is a big gear shift for a strict grammarian who has worked as an editor for 30 years, but i think i'm equal to it.

Cheers!
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 11

Postby Daniel_ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Good luck with that. It must be hard for You. It would be hard for me to write I with "i"... it just looks like oneself does not have enough confidence to even write I with capital i. (Doesn't have to be like that all the time but I have had experience with people like this ). But we are going a bit off topic now ... :)
Daniel_

Postby inspiration_123 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Nobody can give you solution, you need to find that by yourself. We can point you in the right direction and help you improving yourself, but just to give solution is impossible!

I think that problem is that you lost self-esteem when you lost that female friends. In your case i think you need to start workout, because with it, you'll get self-esteem back. You've said that you got a little obese, so I think that in your case this is your problem.
inspiration_123

Postby TheOverseer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 am

It sounds to me like you derive a lot of self confidence from female attention, and physical fitness.

since you're no longer fit, then it appears you're not receiving the kind of female attention you were receiving before you lost your shape.

Since that happened, you feel deflated.

I'd suggest that you go to the gym, stick with a workout program and diet program, and get back into shape.

It'll give you something to focus on and will get you back into the physical shape you were in before...maybe even better.

Give it a good 3 months of effort and you'll look better, feel better, and get back some attention from the ladies...which will make you feel better again.

credibility: self experience and progression.
TheOverseer

Postby JohnSharpe » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 am

Looks aren't everything but they are important. We all know that it is true that we judge people by their outward appearance.

As you say though. Your problem seems to be more that you lack confidence in yourself.

This may sound simplisitc but exercise will raise your serotonin levels so that you feel better and you will also look better.

Sometimes taking care of the body first can help a lot
JohnSharpe

Postby JD78 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:39 pm

TheOverseer wrote:It sounds to me like you derive a lot of self confidence from female attention, and physical fitness.

since you're no longer fit, then it appears you're not receiving the kind of female attention you were receiving before you lost your shape.

Since that happened, you feel deflated.

I'd suggest that you go to the gym, stick with a workout program and diet program, and get back into shape.

It'll give you something to focus on and will get you back into the physical shape you were in before...maybe even better.

Give it a good 3 months of effort and you'll look better, feel better, and get back some attention from the ladies...which will make you feel better again.

credibility: self experience and progression.

And we have a winner!

The OP wouldn't have started this thread if he wasn't insecure about his looks. Want to improve your looks? Eat right, exercise, buy acne cream, get a good haircut, bathe regularly, use deodorant, and you've done all you can do. Unless you're in the bottom 1% in terms of disfigured ugliness, doing those things is guaranteed to bring in a nice girl, particularly if they found you attractive and shag-able in the past.

No, looks aren't everything, but they matter more than the politically correct mob would like to suppress them. From an evolutionary standpoint, we are attracted to beautiful mates for a reason. That is not to discount personality, as an ugly person actually transforms, physically, into something more beautiful to another person if they are attracted to the personality, too.
JD78
Preferred Member

Previous