Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Self Esteem & Confidence -> Does appearance matter a lot? This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Does appearance matter a lot?

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Confidence and Self Esteem Resources

Free 6-part self confidence course

Confidence and self esteem articles

Confidence can be learned (article)

What is 'low self esteem'? (article)

Self Confidence Trainer CD

Confidence Booster hypnosis download

Self Esteem hypnosis download

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
Daniel_

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:41 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Candid
Funny thread Very Happy

Funny ? I am actually trying to help him but I don't believe that giving answer right away i.e. understanding things logically makes people change Smile

Candid
MVP
MVP

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm tickled by the way you always call him You. Do you think he's God?
Daniel_

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:19 pm

No he is not Razz but in my opinion it is polite since I write I with capital i Smile
Candid
MVP
MVP

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Fair comment. I'm (as of now) starting a movement to have the first person singular pronoun written i, unless it starts a sentence.

This is a big gear shift for a strict grammarian who has worked as an editor for 30 years, but i think i'm equal to it.

Cheers!
Daniel_

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Good luck with that. It must be hard for You. It would be hard for me to write I with "i"... it just looks like oneself does not have enough confidence to even write I with capital i. (Doesn't have to be like that all the time but I have had experience with people like this ). But we are going a bit off topic now ... Smile
inspiration_123

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Nobody can give you solution, you need to find that by yourself. We can point you in the right direction and help you improving yourself, but just to give solution is impossible!

I think that problem is that you lost self-esteem when you lost that female friends. In your case i think you need to start workout, because with it, you'll get self-esteem back. You've said that you got a little obese, so I think that in your case this is your problem.
TheOverseer

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 am

It sounds to me like you derive a lot of self confidence from female attention, and physical fitness.

since you're no longer fit, then it appears you're not receiving the kind of female attention you were receiving before you lost your shape.

Since that happened, you feel deflated.

I'd suggest that you go to the gym, stick with a workout program and diet program, and get back into shape.

It'll give you something to focus on and will get you back into the physical shape you were in before...maybe even better.

Give it a good 3 months of effort and you'll look better, feel better, and get back some attention from the ladies...which will make you feel better again.

credibility: self experience and progression.
JohnSharpe

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 am

Looks aren't everything but they are important. We all know that it is true that we judge people by their outward appearance.

As you say though. Your problem seems to be more that you lack confidence in yourself.

This may sound simplisitc but exercise will raise your serotonin levels so that you feel better and you will also look better.

Sometimes taking care of the body first can help a lot
JD78
Preferred Member

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:39 pm

quote:
Originally posted by TheOverseer
It sounds to me like you derive a lot of self confidence from female attention, and physical fitness.

since you're no longer fit, then it appears you're not receiving the kind of female attention you were receiving before you lost your shape.

Since that happened, you feel deflated.

I'd suggest that you go to the gym, stick with a workout program and diet program, and get back into shape.

It'll give you something to focus on and will get you back into the physical shape you were in before...maybe even better.

Give it a good 3 months of effort and you'll look better, feel better, and get back some attention from the ladies...which will make you feel better again.

credibility: self experience and progression.

And we have a winner!

The OP wouldn't have started this thread if he wasn't insecure about his looks. Want to improve your looks? Eat right, exercise, buy acne cream, get a good haircut, bathe regularly, use deodorant, and you've done all you can do. Unless you're in the bottom 1% in terms of disfigured ugliness, doing those things is guaranteed to bring in a nice girl, particularly if they found you attractive and shag-able in the past.

No, looks aren't everything, but they matter more than the politically correct mob would like to suppress them. From an evolutionary standpoint, we are attracted to beautiful mates for a reason. That is not to discount personality, as an ugly person actually transforms, physically, into something more beautiful to another person if they are attracted to the personality, too.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: