Highly Sensitive People

Postby SarahsAngel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 am

Hi. My name is Sarah and I'm new here. I'm 16 years old and I have HSP- or I'm a Highly Sensitive person. everything effects me emotionally a lot more than it would normal people. Whenever people yell at me, I want to break down and cry and I have a few times, only 2 big panic attacks though. I cry just about every day in school... only 1 of my teachers knows about this and she said whenever i need to, i can leave her class, but i'm too scared to actually ask her if i can leave. I can't handle people yelling at me or people who argue with me. My brain can't process how to feel so I'm always really emotional and I always want to be alone. I'm good at crying in class/school/in the presence of family. Does anyone else go through this, too? Bye :)
SarahsAngel
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 am


#1

Postby idiocy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 pm

SarahsAngel wrote: My brain can't process how to feel so I'm always really emotional and I always want to be alone.


Just curious, but what do you mean when you say your brain can't process how to feel?
idiocy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm

#2

Postby SarahsAngel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 pm

idiocy wrote:
SarahsAngel wrote: My brain can't process how to feel so I'm always really emotional and I always want to be alone.


Just curious, but what do you mean when you say your brain can't process how to feel?


It has to do with your nervous system and how your emotions are controlled. Like if someone is yelling at me, my brain doesn't know what to do and will take it as a threat I guess, which makes me really emotional and want to cry. You can look more into it if you want to! :)
SarahsAngel
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 am

#3

Postby paulo111 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:01 pm

I used to be very over sensitive I think its down to imbalanced neurotransmitters, perhaps low feel good ones such as seretonin/dopamine. I think its a good marker of self confidence someone who doesnt get easily offended so it would make sense that perhaps low dopamine levels could lead to being over sensitive as dopamine goes a way to determining ones self confidence. If you go on the wikipedia site for shyness that also discusses dopamine. Theres manuy interal systems required to be working at full capacity in order to create and manage neutransmitter levels, hence its easy to see why an issue in the body manifests as psychological problems. So I think over sensitive may indicate insecure or low self esteem issues as well.
paulo111
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

#4

Postby idiocy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I hadn't thought of it that way. :)

I generally find these labels very hard to understand as also the characterisation of them as problems. Sensitive people also tend to be very observant people. And being observant is pretty cool.

I don't cry often, but if given the opportunity I probably would. :) Which is why I was trying to understand where you're coming from beyond the biochemistry of it.
idiocy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm

#5

Postby paulo111 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 am

idiocy wrote:I hadn't thought of it that way. :)

I generally find these labels very hard to understand as also the characterisation of them as problems. Sensitive people also tend to be very observant people. And being observant is pretty cool.

I don't cry often, but if given the opportunity I probably would. :) Which is why I was trying to understand where you're coming from beyond the biochemistry of it.


All I was hinting at is biochemistry goes a HUGE way to determine peoples personality. It really does. Even easy tears can be a sign of high levels of histamine (google it), I kid you not. If you try nutritional supplements at significant doses your neurotransmitter levels and hormone levels change, and you'll note that has a profound impact on your thought patterns and personality. I've been through it. Just like I'd urge people to take lots of copper if they want to prove to themselves that heavy metals dont have any impact on dpression. Try it, try lots of copper for a few months, no zinc, and you'll get depression. It isnt healthy so dont do it but if people were so adamant give it a try, then you'll be replicating a person whsoe body has a hard time balancing copper, and thus these folk get depression, which they blame on past bullying, relationships of whatever. Psychological issues have manfiested from biochemical driven problems, thats my view. And as easy as it is to get tricked into labelling it a psychological disorder, as thats what it seems to be, we cant say for sure where the driving force is behind that psychological problem. We can just take a hunch. Its easy to put 2 and 2 together and tie in depression with a past psychological event, but even when you do that theres no guarantee actually its 2 and 2 that match.
paulo111
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

#6

Postby idiocy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

paulo111 wrote:
idiocy wrote:I hadn't thought of it that way. :)

I generally find these labels very hard to understand as also the characterisation of them as problems. Sensitive people also tend to be very observant people. And being observant is pretty cool.

I don't cry often, but if given the opportunity I probably would. :) Which is why I was trying to understand where you're coming from beyond the biochemistry of it.


All I was hinting at is biochemistry goes a HUGE way to determine peoples personality. It really does. Even easy tears can be a sign of high levels of histamine (google it), I kid you not. If you try nutritional supplements at significant doses your neurotransmitter levels and hormone levels change, and you'll note that has a profound impact on your thought patterns and personality. I've been through it. Just like I'd urge people to take lots of copper if they want to prove to themselves that heavy metals dont have any impact on dpression. Try it, try lots of copper for a few months, no zinc, and you'll get depression. It isnt healthy so dont do it but if people were so adamant give it a try, then you'll be replicating a person whsoe body has a hard time balancing copper, and thus these folk get depression, which they blame on past bullying, relationships of whatever. Psychological issues have manfiested from biochemical driven problems, thats my view. And as easy as it is to get tricked into labelling it a psychological disorder, as thats what it seems to be, we cant say for sure where the driving force is behind that psychological problem. We can just take a hunch. Its easy to put 2 and 2 together and tie in depression with a past psychological event, but even when you do that theres no guarantee actually its 2 and 2 that match.


I missed quoting the OPs post in responding to it the second time. That was for her man. Yeah I know where you're coming from, and it should be helpful for the OP.

As for me, we've been through this before so as you'd know, I'm just very skeptical about correcting imbalances through mega intakes of vitamins. I think it makes sense theoretically. I could get to the point of agreeing that it seemed sound enough to put in practice but I still wouldn't be able to think this is seriously all that went into making a human being.
idiocy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm

#7

Postby paulo111 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:42 pm

No, megavitamins dont go into making a human, but then neither do antibiotics. And we use those at the drop of a hat when we have a cold. The body gets sick, therefore it needs curing, you can either use pharma drugs or nutritional therapy. Failing to use any form of treatment as its not natural and the body didnt need it to cure issues isnt a reasonable argument.
paulo111
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

#8

Postby dav1307 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 pm

paulo111 wrote:No, megavitamins dont go into making a human, but then neither do antibiotics. And we use those at the drop of a hat when we have a cold. The body gets sick, therefore it needs curing, you can either use pharma drugs or nutritional therapy. Failing to use any form of treatment as its not natural and the body didnt need it to cure issues isnt a reasonable argument.


I agree.
dav1307
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 12:32 am
Location: USA



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks