how is it that some people always get overlooked?

Postby counterclockwork » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:35 pm

What is it about someone what makes them consistently overlooked? It happens to me way more often than I like. Any mypotheses?[/list]
counterclockwork

Postby Leopold_The_Leopard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 am

Through own behavior: People who let others walk all over them will be overlooked and treated unfairly.

Through own thoughts: People may feel and think that they are more overlooked than others while the objective perspective shows that they are no more or less overlooked than others.
Leopold_The_Leopard

Postby archeri » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:49 pm

How do you mean overlooked? For a relationship? I have found that I am basically invisible in some situations. People literally walk by me (daily) like I'm not even there. If you mean for a relationship or friendship, I guess you have to make yourself look approachable and smile. (I'm not good at that)
archeri

Postby JuliusFawcett » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 pm

It's a state of mind brought about by conditioning. You can change this by looking into a mirror and repeating the following affirmations for ten minutes or more everyday with feeling.

"I am willing to change, I am willing to forgive all past hurts and set myself free form the burden of resentment, I deserve happiness just because I exist, I am important, I count, I love myself and I approve of myself, I am safe."
JuliusFawcett