people think i cut myself?

Postby sickdogaura » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:28 pm

hello, i'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

i'm in high school and i wear short sleeved shirts a lot. the thing i i've only cut myself once or twice to see what it'd feel like, i'm not a regular self-harmer. but i think some of my friends and other students, and maybe even a few of my teachers have seen the two cuts on the top of my wrist, which were from that time i tried cutting. one of my close friends has most likely seen these cuts and lately they've been complimenting me multiple times during the day and giving me other positive reminders. i'm scared they're doing this out of pity.

i also have a history of mood swings and anxiety, which i think they know about. but i'm not chronically depressed (my psychiatrist thinks i have bipolar but i'm not an adult yet so i can't be diagnosed with it yet) nor do i have a history of self-harm, yet i feel like the image of me is completely ruined, at least with them and some of the other people i hang out with. i don't know what to do. i'm very anxious and obsessive about things like reputations and past actions that i can't fix. i guess i could use some advice on what to do or how to deal with it. thanks for your time!
sickdogaura

Likes Received: 0

Postby Translucent » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:14 am

High school is like a mini society except everything's backwards. All the losers are stars and all the good people suffer, or at least that's my experience. You sound nice and well-mannered. Anyone who picks on you because you cut is a loser. They will make themselves feel big in school but will utterly fail in the adult world.
Translucent

Likes Received: 10

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:10 am

There is no need to concern yourself with what people think of you, you can't change that. Instead, you could focus on being a nice person and you will sometimes be recognised as such.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 548