breath and fear

Postby grichika » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm

hi;
im interested, at the time when my heart rate is hight and im afraid, is good method hold breath ?

example, i have to go out in society for talking about something, at the time i getting fear and will be hold breath good method for overcome fear ?


thnx
grichika
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm
Likes Received: 1


#1

Postby SueMT » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello
Well I study medicine so that probably will lead for you to lose your conscious, and maybe it will make it even worse.
I become afraid and anxious a lot of times, so my way to deal with my panic attacks is to have a deep long breath, inhale a good amount of it, and then release it closing my eyes and counting to 3, it makes me feel a little more comfortable, I try to talk to myself, maybe it's weird but it really works, like It's gonna be ok , I can do this and stuff like that. You should know that the fear will always be there it's just way to not let it overcome.
SueMT
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:45 pm
Likes Received: 1

#2

Postby grichika » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:24 pm

SueMT wrote:Hello
Well I study medicine so that probably will lead for you to lose your conscious, and maybe it will make it even worse.
I become afraid and anxious a lot of times, so my way to deal with my panic attacks is to have a deep long breath, inhale a good amount of it, and then release it closing my eyes and counting to 3, it makes me feel a little more comfortable, I try to talk to myself, maybe it's weird but it really works, like It's gonna be ok , I can do this and stuff like that. You should know that the fear will always be there it's just way to not let it overcome.


if i will lose conscious then will be my fear disappeared ?

lose conscious i think isn't bad , to me main problem is fear and main is overcome that;
general i know that at the time when person is afraid him can't use full mind, fear trying not use mind, therefore no have matter which lose me conscious. i think without fear person is better cuz at the time afraid increasing confusion, it is bad; and when hold breath person gradually calming. at the time when person is afraid then person is more vividly alive.

what do you think ? is this so ?

deep long breath wont be good helper ;
grichika
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm
Likes Received: 1

#3

Postby SueMT » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:27 pm

Well still, when you gonna wake up after that and having again a fear toward any other situation it will become stronger than before. and why you want to lose your conscious? that way I think it will never go and you may think it's the easy way to run away from it, but it will come back again and will be stroger than before. I think you can try to "step out from your comfort zone a little". For example I was very afraid of hights, but when I started to grow up I knew that I can enjoy the view from a SAFE place, see it's not overcomig it but I'm less afraid, i still don't ride a roller coaster but I love to flight in a plane and setting next to the window. And I was a very shy girl when I was young, I wasn't confident with my look or howI talk, but I gave myself the push to speak to others and try to express myself more, at the begining it wasn't easy, people were agnoring what I say, but time by time I showed little strenght and confident to my speak and they started to hear. I always try to have fun, even when i fall i laugh cause I don't want others to see how imparesed I am, it just steping out of my comfort zone and yet be me .
SueMT
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:45 pm
Likes Received: 1

#4

Postby Roady » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:32 pm

grichika wrote:hi;
im interested, at the time when my heart rate is hight and im afraid, is good method hold breath ?

example, i have to go out in society for talking about something, at the time i getting fear and will be hold breath good method for overcome fear ?

thnx


If you hold your breath too long, it's definitely not good for you.
Roady
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm
Likes Received: 28

#5

Postby grichika » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:35 pm

SueMT wrote:, but it will come back again and will be stroger than before. I.



ooo, it is different issue; then im saying that hold breath is bad; if after hold breath will be fear more strong, it is bad;
grichika
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm
Likes Received: 1

#6

Postby grichika » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Roady wrote:
grichika wrote:hi;
im interested, at the time when my heart rate is hight and im afraid, is good method hold breath ?

example, i have to go out in society for talking about something, at the time i getting fear and will be hold breath good method for overcome fear ?

thnx


If you hold your breath too long, it's definitely not good for you.


why not good for me ?

i know that hold breath is good for decrease heart rate;

one time i tried and my heart rate decreased
grichika
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm
Likes Received: 1

#7

Postby Roady » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:19 pm

You are talking for weeks about holding your breathe here.

Why don't you try it and tell us the result of your test?
Roady
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm
Likes Received: 28

#8

Postby grichika » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 am

Roady wrote:You are talking for weeks about holding your breathe here.

Why don't you try it and tell us the result of your test?


i have tried and i got result, my heart rate decreased but probably mind isn't working perfect )
grichika
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm
Likes Received: 1

#9

Postby Roady » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:01 am

That might be possible because the brain needs some oxygen to work well
Roady
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm
Likes Received: 28



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Psychology