Clean after 16 years of cannabis abuse

Postby dillyp70 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 am

Starting day one of my journey today and feeling scared.
I am a 30 year old male who is addicted to cannabis.
Am from liverpool in england.
I have tried before and failed after a week or so this time i need to do this before i loose everything.
The thing is i dont even like getting stoned anymore.

Been reading through this site and i hope soon i can help people who ars going through the same as i am.

I am 30 years old and smoked pretty much every day for the last 16 years.

PLE A SE HELP ME
dillyp70

Likes Received: 3

Postby Blazedout420 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 am

Alright mate, I'm between 7 and 8 months clean after smoking for around 10 years daily, if I can do it you can too.

Don't be too hard on yourself and take it one day at a time, you probably don't want to hear this but it gets worse before it starts to get better but even then it's slow.

I've only just recently joined this forum after months or searching for answers and reading on here. It's taken me that long to realise that I am actually making improvements and I now feel I'm in a position to offer my advice to others to help them.

The first month was hell for me the physical withdrawals the first week gave me flu like symptoms, extreme fatigue, night sweats etc etc after this came the crippling anxiety made me think I had some sort of health issues as I'd never experienced anything like it before, this faded after around 4-5 weeks and I felt pretty good. I then fell into the trap of smoking again and it sent my anxiety through the roof.

Since then has been a daily battle but like I said it gets better with time, just don't beat yourself up about it and get wrapped up in your own thoughts.

Try to find something else to do during the times you would normally smoke, something constructive, something positive. Generally I just tried to be the best person I could each day, even when I didn't really feel like it I tried to do what I could without putting too much pressure on myself.

You're not the only person going through this mate not the first and definitely not the last so keep your chin up and stay strong. You'll get there in the end and it will be worth it.
Blazedout420

Likes Received: 9

Postby S.W.L » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey dillyp.

You've come to the right place for support and advice keep reading everyone is here to help each other. I'm going through the same as you so your not on your own, it's hard but we have to take each day as it comes. Good luck bud.
S.W.L

Likes Received: 18

Postby dillyp70 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Thank-you both for the words of encouragement.
Finding it tough tonight but its the first night so it was bound to be.
I would usually get a weed after work imstead i went a purchased vitamins, creatine and protien and went the gym.
Now feeling tired not looking forward to the sleeplessness that on its way.

Hope you are both feeling good.
Speak soon
Dilly
dillyp70

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi... Firstly, you've made a good decision to stop if it's impacting on your life. All i can advise is to commit to your decision, accept you will feel different now you've changed your behaviour.. you have to accept this or you can remain 'puzzled' why you feel xyz.
The sleep will improve, it will get easier but again, the psychological aspect is the hardest because the smoker in you will try and smoke and convince you it'll be ok to do so. Cravings can feel physical but they're not.. its a panic reflex because you don't wsnt to feel the way you do but this is the new you... embrace it. Enjoy waking without that phlegmy cough, the stale taste of tobacco the craving to have a spliff before doing anything... the wanting to be at home so you can smoke. The feeling you don't need anything else as long as you've got a smoke.
These are all choices you make. If you want to smoke either accept it and smoke but accept your decision or choose not to becsuse you don't want to. The battle is in your mind so you need to fight it there.. the physical is temporary the head bit is what makes you relapse... btw, relapse isn't the end of the world but learn where, when you went wrong and change it then go again... it's totally possible if you want it more than you want to smoke.. choice is the key to freedom.
best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 157

Postby S.W.L » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Hey dillyp.

It's gonna be tough for a while I'm not gonna bs you it's hard as hell but you,me and everyone on here has to be strong and nail it, we wouldn't be on here otherwise. Well done for the gym because I can't face that yet but I love it when I do go mad but true lol.

Keep up the good work.
S.W.L

Postby dillyp70 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Am really tired now mate
No chance falling asleep yet though lol
Just keep reading up on here for inspiration and it seems to work
Day 1 is nearly behind me and feeling ready for day 2.
Hope your feeling okay mate
Was reading your thread its good to no am not alone even though i have my fiancé they dont understand what am feeling as she never smoked (once in amsterdam) thats another story lol
dillyp70

Postby dillyp70 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 am

DAY 2

Crap nights sleep (as expected)
In work feel like my heads foggy not to good when am a roofer lol
Filling up on health supplements (protien vitamins and creatine)
I loved the gym a while ago and want to get back into it properly.

I feel diffrent this time alot more determined.
My fiancé told me she was proud of me this morning and said its one day at a time (wise words lol)

Keep strong people we can do this!!!!!!
dillyp70

Postby S.W.L » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey dillyp.

Keep up the good work your doing well, it's no easy task coming off the smoke. I had a really bad day with anxiety but powered through it. Just gotta take each day at a time some days will be good and some will be sh***, just the way it is. Good luck pal
S.W.L

Postby LoosingItAll » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Starting Day 3

I am 45 and have been smoking since I was 12. I knew it was affecting my relationship with my wife and I looked for excuses to not do things with my family. Over the years, my wife became "numb" to my problem. Four days ago she told me she was leaving and has been staying with her mother.

At this point, she doesn't know what she will do. She feels nothing towards me anymore. Love, then anger, then frustration, now nothing.

What I thought I couldn't live without, may have ended a 25 year marriage, and the loss of the one I truly can't live without.

If you know pot is straining your relationship, do something don't ignore it. As bad as these withdrawal symptoms are, they are nothing compared to loosing my wife.
LoosingItAll

Likes Received: 12

Postby dillyp70 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:55 pm

LoosingItAll wrote:Starting Day 3

I am 45 and have been smoking since I was 12. I knew it was affecting my relationship with my wife and I looked for excuses to not do things with my family. Over the years, my wife became "numb" to my problem. Four days ago she told me she was leaving and has been staying with her mother.

At this point, she doesn't know what she will do. She feels nothing towards me anymore. Love, then anger, then frustration, now nothing.

What I thought I couldn't live without, may have ended a 25 year marriage, and the loss of the one I truly can't live without.

If you know pot is straining your relationship, do something don't ignore it. As bad as these withdrawal symptoms are, they are nothing compared to loosing my wife.

Hopefully once you beat this illness you can win her back.
She does love you mate she just probably thinks you love the weed more.
Thats my greatest fear loosing my family.
Good luck mate
Here if you need to talk
dillyp70

Postby dillyp70 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm

S.W.L wrote:Hey dillyp.

Keep up the good work your doing well, it's no easy task coming off the smoke. I had a really bad day with anxiety but powered through it. Just gotta take each day at a time some days will be good and some will be sh***, just the way it is. Good luck pal

Am just feeling snappy was parking my van to be told i was blocking someone.
They got a mouthful then i felt bad.
Also feel like am in a daze if you get what i mean like my heads is heavy if that sounds normal lol
Glad you powered through the anxiety
Your doing good mate i no you can do it.
dillyp70

Postby LoosingItAll » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:47 am

Dilly, thanks for the encouraging words. How was day 3? Day 4 for me was pretty good. I finally went back to work today. I am an eye doctor and had a very busy schedule to keep my occupied.

Slightly better with my wife as well. She has gone from "I don't know" to "we'll see". I'll take anything at this point.

Stay strong, stay committed. I will work to staying 1 day ahead. I hope when I reach 1 year you will be 1 day away.
LoosingItAll

Likes Received: 12

Postby dillyp70 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:35 am

Day 3 went well very tired though mate
Altough i did sleep alot better last night.
Today is the test when i pay my bill.
I can honestly say this time i feel diffrent in myself determined and next week i have a full wage lol.
Its my little lads birthday so thats my distraction today i have also starting reading books what helps me alot i find.
Am glad things are looking good with your missus mine now tells me shes proud of me and that makes me more focused on beating this illness.

Its good to no your one day ahead of me were in the same place and were getting better
dillyp70

Postby dillyp70 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Really struggling tonight dont no why really hit me.
Thought i was doing good i dont want to smoke.
Its the lack of sleep really really getting to me now.
dillyp70

Next