24 years using, 4 months weed free my story

Postby Miraculous » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am

Wow - good for you! Two weeks is quite an accomplishment! Rik is the wise one - I’m confident he will respond to your post soon. I just want to commend you on such a wise move. You’re an inspiration as well! Hang in there and Post often - it helps
Miraculous

Likes Received: 43

Postby cleanofgreen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:58 am

Hey Knowmean
Congrats on making the best decision of your life, 20 years is enough to waste on weed. I know what you mean by
I feel like I have woken from a 20 year blur caused from smoking weed

I felt exactly the same, it was like looking at someone else's life once all the weed was out of my system.The difference between stoner me and who I am now is astonishing, my brain works so good now I can understand computer science principles the boggled me for years. I was basically a dumbed down version of me for 24 years of smoking weed. You've probably got a rough couple of months ahead of you but believe me when I say, it will be the best thing you've done for your self and your family ever. Keep reading and writing on the forum, it helps to know others are going through the same process. I know what your going through and know that you will come out the other side better then you went in. All the best.
Good luck and stay strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 73

Postby Soberchic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 am

Glad to see that your still quit cleanofgreen !! Thats awesome keep up the good work. Ill have 15 months soon :D
Soberchic

Likes Received: 44

Postby cleanofgreen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 am

Hey Soberchic

Great to here from you, we went through the process of withdrawal at approx the same time. Glad to see your clean and life is good for you. I don't post much here anymore as I'm too busy getting on with life, spent almost 6 months reading every post I could find about withdrawal\paws on here and that was enough. I will post every now and then to help people struggling with quitting as we know how difficult it can be and seeing an old quitter posting that their still quit and life is much better always helped me to keep on keeping on. It was probably the worst 9 months of my life so helping others get through it is my way of giving back to the forum that helped me quit for good. Here's something I learned form my quitting process that might help some understand whats going on.

Quitting weed allows the reward centers in the brain to return to normal functionality after years of forcing unearned joy out of it through instant gratification by smoking. Eventually the brain shuts down dopamine production as it thinks your getting enough from other sources and then simple pleasures from life don't do it for you anymore. Once your off it for long enough you begin to see massive improvements in all areas of your life, this is your true personality coming back after years of being repressed unknowingly by your addiction.

Good Luck and Stay Strong
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 73

Postby Wave » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 am

Great update and well done on the quit. It is amazing how differently you can see things when you are no longer smoking bud, really not productive in any way!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 163

Postby seeingthelight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Another great and inspirational story! It helps for people to see the struggle and the reward! When first quitting, things can seem out of place, boring and soo blah. This gives us hope there’s a better life to come! You just have to be patient and let nature takes its course
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 20

Previous