2nd week weed free

Postby HikerOfTheSoul » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Well, today I celebrate my second week being weed free after relapsing. Thankfully this time it has been way easier than before, maybe because I had been clean for 9 months, so I guess the healing process has only been slowed down and not cancelled.

So, It has been a bit rough the first ten days but I've sticked to my commitment even in front of temptations, which actually don't feel like temptations anymore.

I don't really know how to explain it, but it's like I kinda lost interest in weed. On my first attempt I was very scared of it and also craved it a lot, nowadays I do fine even if some friends light up a joint right before me. I'm not bothered by that anymore.

One thing that I learned about myself during the past year is that I have a constant urge of being in control. I'm kind of a control freak.
Maybe I needed to make the deliberate decision to relapse and then quit again? Maybe that showed my subconscious that I can control what I want to do and that I'm not a slave to anything if I decide not to be?

I don't know. I just hope it stays this way and I hope I will see further progress down the line.
Tomorrow I've got an appointment with my therapist and I'm actually looking forward to it. I find the process of diagnosis and investigation of my own mind very interesting.

Something I noticed is that after some time being clean my sweat starts to smell like weed, especially when working out. I found it strange and was wondering idf someone else had this happen.

That's all for now. I'll be back with more news!
Hope you are all doing fine,
Hiker
HikerOfTheSoul

Likes Received: 52

Postby HDog455 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 am

Hey Hiker, it's good that you have lost interest in weed. For me that was a very important contributor to being able to quit for good. Lack of interest turned into hatred that has lasted to this day - nearly nine years after I had my last smoke.

There really aren't any good things that can come from habitual use of weed. It's great that you're finding interest in the process of diagnosis and investigation of my your mind - that can only be a good thing.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 47

Postby HikerOfTheSoul » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi HDog, thanks for your input!
I actually don't really hate the herb, I think it could be very helpful in the medical field, controlled by professionals.
So I have kinda mixed feelings about it, I guess I'm intrigued by its medicinal properties but of course the abuse is no way healthy.

And yeah I'm quite a curious person so Ifind it very interesting to take a look at myself with more clinical eyes. Different perspectives are always helpful!
HikerOfTheSoul

Likes Received: 52