Moving on with my life (quitting again!)

Postby EdenG » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:20 am

I smelt some last night when walking home and actually put me off a little, so very pleased about that. :shock: :lol: 8)

So good and amazing to hear that it was actually a little off-putting! I cannot even imagine the smell of weed being off-putting at this stage... :)
EdenG

Likes Received: 17

Postby jayc93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 pm

keep it up your doing amazingly well ive just decided to quit after 10 years of smoking cannabis . Mainly because of anxiety / dp and also feeling like iv got nothing / wasted a huge amount of time being stoned it robs you of your future and being able to see life in the way everyone should see it (clearly) i myself have tried to quit many times but this time im more determined than ever. i just cant help think about the school years being stoned in GCSES not good! and now regret that for the rest of my life 14 and smoking cannabis when the brain is still growing no wonder i feel years behind old skool m8s who have got alot i havent. cannabis robbed me of a decent future . time to create a future now no more lazy messed up days thanks for all the motivation you have given me :) lifes a bitch with jane so dont marry her !
jayc93

Likes Received: 2

Postby Wave » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Day 279 (9.2 Months)

Morning!!

Great to see so many new people here trying to make a positive change, will try and post on your threads when I get a second.

Not been here much, still quit but did slip up once about 3 weeks ago. Made the mistake of going to a party and got wasted and on the way down had a smoke. Not happy about it and more annoyed I put myself in that situation. The following week was tough, not as in wanting to smoke again which I was happy about but seriously messed up my brain and mood for at least a week, plus sleep was super hard too.

Feel better again and a dose of withdrawal reminded me how I need to keep going on this quit. I have tried and failed so many times I am 100% exhausted from the process and pleased this slip up didnt end the quit.

Trying to keep up exercise and this helps massively, and I feel so much worse when I am not running/gym.

Im an excited to hit a year (again lol) and know this time I can see 2 years!!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 196

Postby BCBUDFREE » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:56 am

Good on you man. I wouldn't beat yourself up about one slip up. The thought of going down the rabbit hole and then Starting all over quitting has kept me from slipping up many times.

I am getting to know my clear mind now. You too I bet

BCB
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 26

Postby Wave » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 am

Day 299

Hey all,

Just wanted to put in a quick update to say things are all good and no been tempted to smoke again. It is amazing how much easier the withdrawal is when you only smoke one evening opposed to daily for a period of time. That said, the week after reminded why it is not worth it.

I have stopped smoking cigs when out and sometime in the evening too which I am very happy about. Went out last night and was the first time I didnt end up having a cig which was great. Feel like I am fully back in control of my life and got up last Sunday and did 10km run with a couple of friends, would never have done that when i was a stoner!! The money saved also is amazing.

Great to see so many people on here trying to quit. Was talking with some friends about new years and reminded me how I was smoking lots then and reminded me how far I have come. Excited to make a year (again lol).
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby tokes » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 pm

How many months is it now for your 5th attempt? How you feeling after the slip up?
tokes

Likes Received: 18

Postby Wave » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Day 354

Coming up to a year now!! Thought I would drop by and see how everyone was doing. Great to see lots of new people here in January.

tokes wrote:How many months is it now for your 5th attempt? How you feeling after the slip up?

Yea feel fine. I smoked again at Christmas with out old friend I used to smoke with when I was like 13. Can't say I enjoyed all that much and also had a very tiny amount. Still felt horrible for a number of days and glad to be back to not smoking!!

Trying to do more exercise and 100% recommend getting into new hobbies. There is a couple of things I do not to replace "stoned time" and also spending way less money. Still need to exercise more but I will get there.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, cant wait for a year!
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby cleanofgreen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Well done on the year Wave.

Great to see your post about the slip up and not going back to daily, especially the part about how hard the next week is with feeling bad. The odd time when I'm having a few bad days as everyone does, I will wonder just for a moment if having a smoke would just take the edge off, and then I recall the 9 months of hell I went through in withdrawal and get my butt up and do something else to get the mind off of it, like exercise or a walk the dogs.

It still gets me how even after 15 months off the weed, the mind tries to trick me into believing that just one joint would be OK, even if it's just for a moment before I snap out of it. Don't get me wrong here, I have zero craving for weed anymore but I think the brain just likes to reminisce the old days with rose tinted glasses. That's one of the reasons I like to come back here to read the quitting journals and post some advice if I can, It reminds me of why I quit in the first place, because it's easy to forget when every thing is going so well.

Got to keep the guard up.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 119

Postby Wave » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Thanks for the reply cleanofgreen. Funny that you mention 15 months as that was the exact time I failed in my previous quit. The temptation will never fully go away but now it does feel a lot less appalling and I am suck to death of trying and failing and going through the initial withdrawal yet again, I must have done it 15-20 times and is always brutal.

1 Year (actually 370 days)

So hit a year!! Only the second time I have made it this far in a quit. Really see weed differently and glad I don't reset my counter on my few slip ups. I actually really regret them as while the initial withdrawal lasts only a week, I feel I could be risking all I have achieved and just didn't like it at all last time.

So great to see more people here trying to make a positive change and will try and post more in their threads. This week has been another full week or no substance (including alcohol) and I have decided that I am going to try moving forward with just staying sober full stop. I don't have a drink problem but when I do drink (rarely these days) I cannot moderate at all. Alcohol is almost always the reason that I use cannabis or any other drug as I just do it, whereas I don't when not drinking.

I think the start of 2018 has made me take a step back and realise I have a very addictive personality and I am a far better person when I am not using any substance. I will keep you all posted with how it goes....
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby Wave » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Day 389

Just wanted to drop by a give a quick update. Been a savage couple of weeks with many stresses in my personal and work life. One of these would have usually been a great excuse to ramp up my weed and/or drug use and for has not.

Sometimes there is in my opinion a myth when you start this journey to moving on with your life after weed that stress and life trauma is a walk in the park to deal with when you are "clean". Sometimes this isn't the case and facing it head on sober is actually quite tough, almost tougher as you are practised in getting high previously. That said, I am proud that I can cope with this and not have any drug/drink controlling me.

Done a month without drink too, well had two times of having a couple of drinks and massively regretted it. I dont have a drink problem so less cut up about it not being all or nothing like weed has to be for me. Moving forward I am going to carry on being a pretty much non-drinker.

It has also made me realise how much everyone else seems to drink. So many people openly tell me what they drink daily and I think it is way too much, I guess looking for in as someone who never really got into daily drinking ever. But much is the culture in the UK around alcohol.

Great to see and reading other people and their path to a better them!!
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:56 pm

@ Wave -

Thank you for continuing to post even in excess of a year clean, it is most appreciated! :)

I just wanted to drop you a line here from the good old USA and let you know your posts and insights are really helpful and beneficial. Like you, I have had previous quits and somehow found my way back to the lifestyle. Longest quit was three years, but I made the mistake of forgetting how poorly I felt the first few weeks and simply told myself I could quit again if and when I was ready to do so. Well, we all know how that fairy tale ends....here I am again, only 18 days at this point but still feeling really good, dedicated to making this quit permanent.

Thanks for your insights and words! You inspire me that I will make it to a year again, and then beyond! Just wanted to say thanks.

-Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 92

Postby ReynoldsJam » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Giving up smoking herb after a long time, I feel a stronger sense of clarity. And its quite cosie, 13 years of everyday smoking , my heart, spirit and energy feels like its saying, "thank **** for that" ... My mind is used to feel irie, so its my mind that craves for that, I will get my mind craving clarity. I won't feed this anymore. Great posts, thanks for your help, really good info here. Already I can feel a weight if my shoulders coming here...
ReynoldsJam

Likes Received: 6

Postby Wave » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:49 am

asgoodasitgets wrote:Thanks for your insights and words! You inspire me that I will make it to a year again, and then beyond! Just wanted to say thanks.

-Alex

No worry thanks for the kind words about my posts, really helped me this forum and I always make a point to come back as seems fewer threads that are 1yr+. It also reminds me not to go back to weed again!

Yea still not at my longest quit so that reminds me your never fully out of the woods with this. Got to keep focused on the positivesw.

ReynoldsJam, yea the clarity you get is so much better, I was smoking 15yrs(ish) with 9 or so everyday. Seems like a very long time ago now even though I was in this pattern just over year ago!

Thanks for the input and to anyone reading, if I can quit anyone can. Just make the change and stick with it.
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby ReynoldsJam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:42 am

Its a massive shame to have things like that in this world, let alone this Forum lol. Somebody waiting in comments section to say stuff like that. Burn in hell as planned ;)
ReynoldsJam

Likes Received: 6

Postby asgoodasitgets » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Guys you can add this individual to your "foes" list in the control panel to automatically block all their posts.

Obviously the work of an immature, disturbed and bored toddler who gets his/her kicks insulting strangers on the web...what's the word, oh yea....troll
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 92

PreviousNext