Quitting once again

Postby Hellokitty85 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Hello All!
I am here because once again I am quitting smoking weed. I have been a pretty heavy smoker most of my life. A few years back I joined while I was quitting and it really helped. Since then i have quit off and on. Right now I have been smoking steadily for a year and a half or so.

I was doing really good not smoking for a while. Then my best friend's breast cancer came back and she started smoking pot heavily. And I joined her. We smoked our asses off together and then she died in March 2016. Since then I've lost 2 family members, had a tooth fall out of the back of my mouth, i got fired from my job, we have to move out of our house in 2 months, and several other health problems. For weeks around October 2016 i was getting hives all over my body. My husband and son were fine and for some reason I was really having a problem. I thought it must of been stress from my job. and then we found bed bugs in our home and thats what was causing my hives. We have had to throw away most of our belongings including couches, beds, pillows, towels, you name it we either washed it or had to toss it. We cant have guest over, we couldn't even put up a tree for Christmas. We still dont know if the bugs are gone. I'm still getting hives but we haven't seen any bugs in almost 7 weeks. Anyway, due to all this crap I've started smoking heavily. Like every 45 min or so. Especially since I'm not working anymore.

I want to quit though. I want to feel clear headed. Yes it has helped somewhat with the stress but it also creates it too. I don't want to be lazy and unfocused. I want to be healthy. I want to get to work on me. I have a ton of stressful setbacks right now but I'm hoping if I just take it easy on myself I can quit this smoking addiction. Thank you for reading my rambling.
Hellokitty85

Likes Received: 10

Postby Wave » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:07 am

Well done for posting here. There never is a right time to do it and I feel this time has been chosen for me due to bad things happening around me due to my weed use.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, must have been tough and also losing further ones. Do you have access to Counselling in your area? I am about to try some and I have relapsed too many times I genuinely need help, do you think you may almost be in this situation?
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 161

Postby Ruby Rose » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Hellokitty, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My best friend had breast cancer too over the last two years but she managed to bet it this time. It's hard going through all this grief, no wonder you are stressed. bloody bed bugs, bastards !! wow you really have been through a lot. Try not to be to hard on yourself. I have the same problem with being at home all the time. boredom makes it harder to resist. I have a friend suggest to me to try and have a glass of water or going for a quick walk rather than rolling a joint or going for the pipe. Replacing those bad habits with good ones was her suggestion. Excerise helps get out the THC in the fatty tissues and helps release endorphins which gets you feeling good naturally. Drinking water heaps flush out toxins. From what you are saying your ready to go on a health kick, so eat well lots of fruit and veggies. Stay positive your skin will heal. Hives can be ready horrible and quite painful, like you know have can be triggered by stress or toxins too. What I mean is when we are stressed our immunity isn't has good as what it would be normally. Ramble as much as you like, rambling is good, I have only just joined this forum the other day so I hope I can of help as well as help myself :))
Ruby Rose

Likes Received: 8

Postby Hellokitty85 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Thank you guys for responding!
Wave- I actually was seeing therapist for the past year or longer, and honestly it made me feel worse or just not much of a difference at all. You go in and talk about your problems and just leave with the same problems. I tried a few different therapist, neither of them saw weed as a problem, and would say stuff like "just reward yourself with it after a long day" and I really struggle with "cutting" back so that method didn't work for me at all. They tried a few other coping methods that seemed kinda interesting at first and then kinda stopped clicking with me. I don't have insurance since I lost my job so I wont be doing that anymore anyway. It really works for some people though so maybe it will work for you?
Hellokitty85

Postby Hellokitty85 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Ruby, thank you for all your positive input! I would really like to do a health kick like you said. I was thinking of trying roller blading! Haha! The hives are horrible, they are an allergic reaction to the stupid bugs. And they completely inflame and swell my whole body, it's crazy,,, I'm so ready for them to be gone and this over with... That's cool to know about excersie burning the THC out. I'm really going to focus on that! In the past when I've quit I would force myself to go walk, run, or scoot around on my long board and that really helped. I really lose my appetite when I quit so maybe ill go buy some fruit and veggies like you said, something light to eat.
Hellokitty85

Postby Hellokitty85 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Loss of appetite-

Well I screwed up... I was supposed to be quitting after the last bag and then I had a really bad day Monday and gave in when my boyfriend asked if I wanted one more...on top of that I have been feeling a little under the weather lately. About a week ago i lost my appetite. I'm wondering if its because i have been smoking so much more everyday now that I'm not working and i litterally do not give myself a break from smoking for more than 2-3 hours. I have also been super low energy and moody. I have never had pot make me lose my appetite before... has anyone else had this happen?
I'm thinking of making my boyfriend hide it from me. I really want to be clear headed.
Hellokitty85

Postby Lakshmi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:41 am

Hey kitty I hope you're okay and not giving yourself a hard time. It's hard quitting and way way way harder if you have someone there with it. Can you ask your boyfriend to not have it around you anymore?. Also I was thinking low mood can often cause lack of appetite and i think the stress of trying to quit which can be intense. I'm back on day one and already minor panics but reminding myself to breath and try and relax. Take care
Lakshmi

Likes Received: 7

Postby tokeless » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:00 am

Hellokitty85 wrote:Loss of appetite-

Well I screwed up... I was supposed to be quitting after the last bag and then I had a really bad day Monday and gave in when my boyfriend asked if I wanted one more...on top of that I have been feeling a little under the weather lately. About a week ago i lost my appetite. I'm wondering if its because i have been smoking so much more everyday now that I'm not working and i litterally do not give myself a break from smoking for more than 2-3 hours. I have also been super low energy and moody. I have never had pot make me lose my appetite before... has anyone else had this happen?
I'm thinking of making my boyfriend hide it from me. I really want to be clear headed.

Hi.. Do you think your boyfriend wants you to stop as he loses a smoking partner and it might impact on your relationship? Plus, when one stops it puts the other one in a dilemma at times because either they don't want to so may feel guilty smoking near the quitter, or it makes them feel resentful because they are now the addict wereas before you were smoking buddies... asking if you wanted one more is classic sabotage.... what happens after that one, another one? Have you agreed a quit plan with him?

Best wishes and good luck in quitting
tokeless

Likes Received: 180

Postby Hellokitty85 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Yeah he doesn't care if we quit or not. He's the type of person that can just stop and is cool about it. So he's ready to quit when I am. The last 2 times I've quit he just quits right along with me.
Hellokitty85

Postby Jamie514 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Hellokitty85 wrote:Hello All!
I am here because once again I am quitting smoking weed. I have been a pretty heavy smoker most of my life. A few years back I joined while I was quitting and it really helped. Since then i have quit off and on. Right now I have been smoking steadily for a year and a half or so.

I was doing really good not smoking for a while. Then my best friend's breast cancer came back and she started smoking pot heavily. And I joined her. We smoked our asses off together and then she died in March 2016. Since then I've lost 2 family members, had a tooth fall out of the back of my mouth, i got fired from my job, we have to move out of our house in 2 months, and several other health problems. For weeks around October 2016 i was getting hives all over my body. My husband and son were fine and for some reason I was really having a problem. I thought it must of been stress from my job. and then we found bed bugs in our home and thats what was causing my hives. We have had to throw away most of our belongings including couches, beds, pillows, towels, you name it we either washed it or had to toss it. We cant have guest over, we couldn't even put up a tree for Christmas. We still dont know if the bugs are gone. I'm still getting hives but we haven't seen any bugs in almost 7 weeks. Anyway, due to all this crap I've started smoking heavily. Like every 45 min or so. Especially since I'm not working anymore.

I want to quit though. I want to feel clear headed. Yes it has helped somewhat with the stress but it also creates it too. I don't want to be lazy and unfocused. I want to be healthy. I want to get to work on me. I have a ton of stressful setbacks right now but I'm hoping if I just take it easy on myself I can quit this smoking addiction. Thank you for reading my rambling.

You are in the right decision. keep yourself strong. Don't lose hope. Always think that, yon can quite weed, you should quit weed very soon. Meet with a good consultant, of you can admitted in the rehab center too.
Jamie514

Likes Received: 17

Postby Hellokitty85 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 pm

DAY 2- So here I am again. Didn't quit when I posted this. But now I'm on day 2 of this quit. Its been pretty depressing. I have no motivation. I just sit on my couch all day. Every little thing completely overwhelms me. I just chew all my nails off and overthink everything. I haven't ate any food at all. The thought of cooking for my family overwhelms me. I do not want to smell food or touch it. There's so much good things going on in my life but I cant seem to focus on them at all because this quitting stuff.
I do not have insurance so suggesting rehab, therapy, or any professional help is not an option.

I hope everyone is well, or who posted to this a few months ago has quit and feels happier and better. I hope I can feel like that again too.
Hellokitty85

Postby Wave » Sat May 20, 2017 2:00 am

Since you were kind enough to post on my thread, I am going to try and give some advice. Mainly hang in there, it WILL get better!!

Hellokitty85 wrote:DAY 2- So here I am again. Didn't quit when I posted this. But now I'm on day 2 of this quit. Its been pretty depressing. I have no motivation.

You have managed 24hr weed free, say to yourself, "If I can do the first day, surely I can do the rest?" It isn't easy, but it does get easier. Please focus on that. When I recently quit my ecig it made me so hungry that I said to myself "choice is carry on and put lots of weight on or quit and be stronger without it". This was true to an extent with weed and what I said here was "do I want to be super paranoid and eats lots of junk all the time? No then this has to happen. Also, you will have to eventually quit at some point, why not sooner rather than later?

Hellokitty85 wrote:I just sit on my couch all day. Every little thing completely overwhelms me. I just chew all my nails off and overthink everything.

Use this as your motivation. Do you really want to pay good money to put something in your

Hellokitty85 wrote:I haven't ate any food at all. The thought of cooking for my family overwhelms me. I do not want to smell food or touch it. There's so much good things going on in my life but I cant seem to focus on them at all because this quitting stuff.
I do not have insurance so suggesting rehab, therapy, or any professional help is not an option.

Try and get through the bad spells and enjoy the good moments, they slowly become more frequent and longer.

Hellokitty85 wrote:I hope everyone is well, or who posted to this a few months ago has quit and feels happier and better. I hope I can feel like that again too.

Hang in there, it will improve!!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 161

Postby Quinnster » Sat May 20, 2017 3:33 am

Hi HK,
I am now at 3 months. Just wanted to say that you should put no pressure on yourself to accomplish anything in the next few months. Just take every day as it comes and deal with the addiction. Once you have the time away, the motivation will come back. The first month, I just literally couldn't motivate myself to do anything. I was depressed, bored. I liked being at work because I thought about it less. The weekend was awful. Well, at 3 months I am doing better. I'm not 100%, but I can see improvement.
Just have faith in the process and stick with it. Get some time under your belt. Get a month. Then get 2... It isn't easy, but it certainly gets easier with each passing week.
Quinnster

Likes Received: 17