Attracting wrong girls

Postby midaz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:21 am

Hi everyone, I have a little issue in my life and I was wondering if some people could not find the problem and help me out in it.

I am an old soul, introvert and VERY authentic person. I am passionnate by personal developpement and human growth since 16 years old and I have very solid and mature conversation with older people. I have crazy conversations with 27-28 years-old women who are passionate about what they are doing. They talk to me about personal developpement, alternative medecine etc and my brain is going in fire and my sapiosexuality is getting crazy!

However, I am 22 years-old and look like 18 so I am not attracting these girls but there must have a pattern I do wrong also because I am only attracting broken people who try to fill a emptiness inside of them that they cant fill by themselves.

When I meet them, I told them straight ; im an old soul, I dont have cellphone, I love psychology and I personal developpement, I am weird, but I am passionate in life and eventually they realize that I know how to love and I care A LOT about the other person. In fact I think it is the problem in everything, when im attracted, I care and they probably think I will stick around doing everything for them no matter what. THIS IS where the problem is... I CANT STAND PRINCESSES... Relationship is about reciprocity, respect and understanding.

How do I break that pattern... I attract selfish people because I give A LOT. But it is me, I wont stop giving just because girls take advantage of it.

Also I HATE Victimisation, and I seem to attract people who always victimise themselves. WHY. I am there everyday super high in energy, positive, hard on myself and I attract people who prefer to cry about everything..

I need some help about male-female relationships ahah

thanks everyone for your precious help and wisdom
midaz

Likes Received: 5

Postby federico91 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:10 am

it's complicated, human relations are complex, and love is something difficult to understand, their ways, their possibilities. Usually it is called old souls to those people who were incarnated many times in this planet. Maybe you would have to do some regression to past lives to evaluate your karma, your old relationships, and sure many of the people you know today, also in past lives before you had some kind of relationship

is something strange to do a past life regression, It is necessary to go to a specialized therapist
And it seems much simpler to read the books of recounts cases of past life regressions, in those books people usually tell their past lives and the lessons they learned and that they have to learn in this incarnation, For example the books of Brian Weiss and Michael Newton, If you like psychology, the books of these authors are going to like you a lot

Because it is possible to do at the same time to read stories of past lives, to evaluate one's life, and to have a personal analysis of where one is, what are the lessons one has to learn

There is a well-known book, a little esoteric called the kybalion, This book talks about certain universal and spiritual laws, For example the famous law of attraction is one of the 7 laws mentioned in the kybalion, There are also books that speak only of the law of attraction, But it is far better to take into account all the laws present in the kybalion

Is a little broad the subject of the laws but we could talk about the basic law of attraction, Similar attracts similarity, You attract the type of person who reflects you some unconscious aspects, so that you can recognize them in yourself and change, and grow inwardly, Relationships are a mirror, Maybe if you are an old soul you do not need a girlfriend, maybe you need to be paternal, show your love through protection, care, comfort, If in your life appear people who want to cry for everything is maybe for your spiritual growth, maybe you need to develop your paternal side

But you're funny, because at the beginning you say that you are an old soul and then you say that you need help about man and woman, and you laugh

Psychoanalysis is also a way of understanding human relationships, The conformation of your family, if you have many brothers, or many sisters can influence your way of looking for a woman, the love you have for your mother also, the relationship with your father, all those variants influence the personality of a person and In their way of relating to the opposite sex or to people of the same sex
federico91

Likes Received: 2

Postby midaz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks for your help, it was a pleasure to read you ! :)
And yeah I will try to go see my past lives, I just know that my defense system represent that I got tied and burn on a wood pillar. Which might represent a witch / which might explain my ability in clairvoyance :) and for sure , parents are the biggest influence in somebody lives and everything starts from there , I could not have a better relationship with my mother, I have the best mother possible and we are the closer we can! For my father he is impulsive and dominant, which is probably the reason why I was always dominated in relationship. But overall I have a very good relationship with my parents. I am very close to my sister and my brother also :) but yeah I dont think the problem is coming from there.

I agree with the paternal side, and that is what the psychologist told me, she said you will be a very good dad because you are so passionnate in life, you will create good relationships with your kids and be there for them :). The thing is, attracting people who want to exchange knowledge is a thing, and attracting people who want to take your energy and knowledge and not give much in return is not a good relationship. I clicked hard with her at first because she was allowing me to stop thinking and live more experience, the sex was insanely good, everything we did was in reciprocity, but eventually I think she saw my patternal side and took it for a weakness, however it is not a weakness, it is a gift. I don't mind about helping others, I LOVE it but I mind when people think im stupid and that I dont see their little techniques. She had a hard past and I dont mind to help her grow, but she needs to start by helping herself to open her mind. I talked to her about my passion and my interest to tony robbins and she never even asked me ; heyyy what do you like about psycho? So I mean, maybe she is just very scared because she knows I know a lot and her way to control the situation is to try to dominate, that way she feels more secure and enough for me. Maybe it is her way to tell herself, im good I have control.

I will go talk to the psychologist about this pattern and try to break it :) and to my teacher in interpersonnal relationships.
But I was looking for other oppinions also :)
midaz

Postby Livetowin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Oh how I would like to have a do over during my early 20's when I asked questions EXACTLY like you are right now. I'm presently 52, married with kids and have one grandson. I was always a person, even when I was a small child, who enjoyed the company of older people like my uncles and grand folks. As I got older, that trend stayed with me in other social circles. When I was 18 I hung out with people in their 20’s and when I was in my 20’s I look to women who were in their later 20’s. One time I even dated someone in their mid-30’s. I seldom found myself in a situation where I was attracted to someone younger, but on a few occasions that did happen with disastrous results.

I always thought these preferences were due to me being a more grounded and mature person because I was accustom to being in the company of older and wiser minds. I imagine I likely thought that communication and wisdom was somehow transposed to me since I found it comforting to my sense of belonging. Boy did I do a number on my head.

Unfortunately I always found myself with people who ended up having really difficult issues or just troubled personalities that could never get sorted. I kept thinking why I had such bad luck attracting such head cases when I felt my thinking was altogether. In retrospect that really wasn’t the case. I was asking for these problems.

How we meet people and the relationships we create with people are really of our own doing. There’s an old saying that you marry what you believe you deserve. That’s true in the people you bond with as well. I gave allot of attention to people. I would bend over backwards to be there and help. The odd thing was it was almost always a one-sided ordeal. I wasn’t seeing the bigger picture.

There are instinctive traits in people you need to recognize and accept. Human beings are creatures of attention. Women especially enjoy the adulation a man will give them. Where allot of men make mistakes is assuming that when a woman accepts their gestures of affection and good will that is somehow implying they are interested in them AS A PERSON. Nothing could be further from the truth. You’re simply enabling them.

Investing in people and looking into their souls to seek answers for who they are and offer the coffee table discussion about life and what bothers them is soothing to you and likely allows that person to dump some much needed retrospective on themselves. But at the end of the day what you create is this open door policy for insecure people to attach themselves to you. And when they are done getting the attention they need, they either move on, or you find yourself too burned out to continue it for your reasons.

Where does this come from? It comes from insecurities. You give too much of yourself because somewhere inside you, there is this voice that states you have to do all of these things to facilitate the presence of another person. You invest in them. You do nice things for them. You talk to them about what bothers them. What you don’t realize is you’re looking in the mirror through them.

You believe that by “helping” others this establishes your own sense of self and thereby creates this idea of being whole when you are extending you hand to another person for assistance. That is your identity, which is no identity at all. You’re a nice person who has these deep philosophical discussions about living, but you have no instinct for asking yourself why you are with these people. You ask why you attract broken people? It’s because you are broken yourself.

You need to look at yourself honestly and examine who it is you are. Retract that conversation from the outside and take it inward. You need to understand what you value and start projecting that onto the outer actions that define you as a person.

What you will discover is when you look at yourself honestly, you’ll start looking at people honestly and assessing them according to whether you need to be around them or move on. You’ll also find yourself shaking your head at why you sought out such broken people in your past. BUT… you will understand why at that point.

So work on yourself. Get away from these people who only serve as distractions and focus on developing your own sense of self. You will find out that you have no desire to waste your time with people who just want the attention and you’ll know the difference. The more you understand yourself, the clearer everything around you becomes. And only then will you understand not only what you want, but what you don’t want.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 12

Postby midaz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:42 pm

First of all, thank you for your answer, it was a pleasure to read you and I am glad you took your time to respond to me. You have a lot of wisdom and knowledge and I appreciate that you share it with me. I agree with a lot of stuff you said, most of it actually. The only place where I don't agree is the work on yourself and find your identity, in fact I know exactly who I am and I am not broken as in the past. I used to be but now I am confident and way less ideologic/more feet on the ground. What I analyze the past few days is that, the biggest problem is probably that since I give a lot of love and I care a lot, they probably take me for granted quickly and it might be why I feel bad after because I don't feel the other person is doing little attentions to make me happy. So I think I need to stay the way I am but just balance the way I give love to be more towards efficiency and less in quantity. Also, I need to be more dominant, because I attract dominant women because they feel in control with me, they normally had hard past and with a guy like me they probably don't feel challenged to get out of their comfort zone. However, being more dominant would bring security to them in another way and I think it is what they need in the final so I will try to look less desperate when in relationship. Because even if I am confident now and I know who I am, the way I give love makes me look like im broken and this is the issue.

I don't know if you think it makes sense
midaz

Postby Livetowin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:36 pm

midaz wrote:First of all, thank you for your answer, it was a pleasure to read you and I am glad you took your time to respond to me. You have a lot of wisdom and knowledge and I appreciate that you share it with me. I agree with a lot of stuff you said, most of it actually. The only place where I don't agree is the work on yourself and find your identity, in fact I know exactly who I am and I am not broken as in the past. I used to be but now I am confident and way less ideologic/more feet on the ground. What I analyze the past few days is that, the biggest problem is probably that since I give a lot of love and I care a lot, they probably take me for granted quickly and it might be why I feel bad after because I don't feel the other person is doing little attentions to make me happy. So I think I need to stay the way I am but just balance the way I give love to be more towards efficiency and less in quantity. Also, I need to be more dominant, because I attract dominant women because they feel in control with me, they normally had hard past and with a guy like me they probably don't feel challenged to get out of their comfort zone. However, being more dominant would bring security to them in another way and I think it is what they need in the final so I will try to look less desperate when in relationship. Because even if I am confident now and I know who I am, the way I give love makes me look like im broken and this is the issue.

I don't know if you think it makes sense

It makes complete sense to me. As I stated, you are over-investing in people you desire attention from. In other words, emotionally you view this as a transaction. You want something and so you set forth to put into it what you think you want out of it. Is that a fair assessment? So when you see someone you like, you make a value judgement as to their worth and from that, you determine what you need to do for them to get acceptance. But I want to stop right here for a second and change gears because I want to get you to think about this a little different.

Lets examine people whom you have a ordinary relationship with. I'm talking like a long time buddy, or say your sister, brother, etc. Someone whom you have a security with where you can just be yourself and you don't have to put on any airs or graces about how you treat them. Tell me how different you are around them versus someone you want to impress. How is your mind set with someone you don't feel you need to impress? Can you tell me the differences? Have thought about those? If you can explain how those are different, I believe we can continue this conversation and get you to a place where you can find your answers.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby midaz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Yeahh I seeee where you are going :) By insecurity to not be enough, I put masks to give me safety which I don't have to do with friends because with friends I can do or say anything without being judge and that with a girl I feel like I am getting constantly analyzed because I personally analyze others. So, I need to learn how to turn the switch to off when I am with her so that way it will be more enjoyable for both parties since I will be more in the present moment and she will feel it. Doing it will change everything and while doing it I need to manage to not over give like you said and keep my independance so I look more stable and strong. The reason why I am insecure is mostly because I am not following the masses so my passions are not interesting her at all, so I feel like I am getting judge which is not the case when I talk to older women who are at that stage of life and who have same passions. So I need to work on few stuff :)
midaz

Postby Livetowin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:01 am

midaz wrote:Yeahh I seeee where you are going :) By insecurity to not be enough, I put masks to give me safety which I don't have to do with friends because with friends I can do or say anything without being judge and that with a girl I feel like I am getting constantly analyzed because I personally analyze others. So, I need to learn how to turn the switch to off when I am with her so that way it will be more enjoyable for both parties since I will be more in the present moment and she will feel it. Doing it will change everything and while doing it I need to manage to not over give like you said and keep my independance so I look more stable and strong. The reason why I am insecure is mostly because I am not following the masses so my passions are not interesting her at all, so I feel like I am getting judge which is not the case when I talk to older women who are at that stage of life and who have same passions. So I need to work on few stuff :)

Exactly. There you go. There's also a greater wisdom to just being yourself. This allows you to have clarity when meeting someone and determining whether there is a good match. Why put on a mask for someone who is ultimately going to judge who the 'real" you is? Why waste your time? Be who you are and if someone doesn't like you for that, then so be it. Both of you just saved yourselves allot of time and effort getting to the answer you both want anyway.

There are soooooooo many nuances to what makes us who we are. People can have similar tastes in films, books, music, humor, and political ideology, just to name a few. But there is a value system you play allot closer to the vest that really makes up who you truly are day in and day out that resides well past the topics you arrive at through a drink and dinner. It's that part that allows you to be passionate, driven, angry, sad, enthralled, or any other number of emotions that make up the person you are.

If you have to dilute any of those because you worry someone might find them unappealing, then you're already doing yourself and that person a disservice. Because, ultimately, no matter where you start in a relationship with a new person, eventually, you will find yourself coming to the surface. And all the things you did to cover up who the real you is might end up making you resentful and conflicted about why you could not find any real contentment in that pairing.

Start out as you so you can weed out the people that are not a good match. The problem allot of men have is they get interested in the chase, hence the masks. Well, anyone can do that, but you'll end up running your whole life. You don't need to tailor yourself to fit anyone in life. Be yourself to see if they are a fit FOR YOU. Turn that template around and place it on the requirements you need as a person. When you can be yourself, you will immediately understand better what you need from others. That also becomes a measure of strength because the person you're with will develop confidence in knowing the person they see is who you actually are all the time. Best of luck my friend.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby midaz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you very much my friend for sharing your time and wisdom with me, it is very appreciated and it will help me out a lot in the future.
Have a beautiful day and thanks again for your beautiful soul!

Midaz
midaz

Postby midaz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Last question for you my friend,

I am pretty sure it won't work with her, I try and I dont feel she is. Whe have too many different ways of thinking and I am getting angrier each day about it but I struggle to tell her listen it wont work and cut the links between each others. What should I do and how?
midaz

Postby Livetowin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:06 pm

midaz wrote:Last question for you my friend,

I am pretty sure it won't work with her, I try and I dont feel she is. Whe have too many different ways of thinking and I am getting angrier each day about it but I struggle to tell her listen it wont work and cut the links between each others. What should I do and how?

Good morning Midaz. Happy to assist any way I can. I think when you find yourself in a situation where the chemistry is not working between you and another person then you need to be honest with yourself and understand this is not for you. This also takes me back to my first rule in life - I CAN ONLY CONTROL MYSELF. The only thing you can manage effectively is yourself. You control how you treat people and how you react to how they treat you.

You can lose your job tomorrow. You can walk outside and get hit by a car. You can win an inheritance you didn't see coming. Your wife can come home and say, " I want a divorce." Your best friend can say, " I'm killing myself." You can even be a game show host and become president. :wink: But you don't control any of those things. Good things and/or bad things can happen to us every day. How we react to them and what we do is the true measure of who we are as people.

There's two degrees of wisdom to this rule for me. One it reminds me I should focus on being the best person I can be and manage things as thoughtfully as I can. But two, it also reminds me I don't OWN what other people do no matter how invested I am or not. If my brother calls me today and says he has terminal cancer what am I going to do? I'm going to be upset, but then I'm going to regroup and focus on being there for him and do what I CAN to be by his side. I can't control how much time he has and I can't control his pain, so I'm not going to beat myself up about things I can't control. But I can control being a positive force in his life and spending what time left with him.

So here's your situation. You have someone you fully understand is not for you. The two of you think differently and you realize it's time to move on. What do YOU control? You control providing this message to her. First sit YOURSELF down and come to an understanding with YOURSELF that this girl is not what you want. I say that first, because you don't go into these matters wishy-washy about your statement. So come to a clear and precise understanding with yourself that this person is not for you. You are not happy and want to move on. Once that message is clear for you, it's time to explain it just as clearly to her and wash your hands of the whole situation.

You can be nice about it, but don't come across unsure like it's something you can be talked back into. People get their feelings hurt all the time. Nobody likes to be the messenger of difficult news, but you must ALWAYS understand that when you have to deliver it, that doesn't make you wrong or even the bad person. You ALWAYS owe people the truth about who you are, whether they're in agreement or not. You're not happy in this relationship and in order to be happy you need to move on. That's about clear as you can make it. This leads me to my number two rule - DON'T OWN THE WORDS OF OTHERS.

When people are insecure, it doesn't take much to insult them, even under the best of conditions. In almost every situation the first instinct of someone with insecurities and low self-esteem is to verbally attack the person they feel is making them feel bad by telling them things they believe will take that person down to their level. Misery loves company so shaming people is where they go to fuel their isolation. So don't own the words of others. People can say anything about you. Rule number one - You can't control that.. So control yourself and follow rule number two - Don't own what they say. You know who you are. And when you know your intentions are good, you don't need a poll from anyone to finalize that judgement. So if you have to deliver difficult news, don't let them drag you down by trying to guilt trip you and make you feel bad for telling them how you feel. They are being selfish.

Why should you feel bad about telling someone you are not happy? Are you suppose to be miserable so they can feel better? I think not. They're just mad because they don't get to keep what they want and shaming you is worst thing they can do. So DON'T OWN IT, which means don't believe it if they say bad things to you. You own only your actions no matter how she responds in words or deeds.

Finally let me say this - When you have to deliver bad news like this, don't look for anyone to blame. Keep this message about the fact you are just not happy in this and want to move on. Don't point to any specific event and don't make it sound like they messed it up. The best relationships that last a lifetime have scores of mistakes made by both parties. This is not a perfect race. What it simply comes down to is you are not content and want to look elsewhere. Leave no loose strings dangling. Be honest about how you feel and you're desire to move on. Hopefully she can respect that and be accepting even if it makes her sad. Just understand where you stand so no matter how she responds you can deflect those situations and move on. You have one life. Don't waste it worrying about what you didn't want. Hope this helps.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby midaz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:23 pm

You are such a genius, I appreciate so much your help! I feel like you are doing the work my dad never really did for me. I agree with all of your saying, I will wait a little bit because her birthday + valentine day is in few days so I won't be a di** and hurt her just before, but I will start settting my mind into it. Anyway I think that you can feel that I already started to accumulate anger and sadness towards it so it wont be a big part. It will be more difficult to discuss her about it because she will want a reason and she will probably not just understand ''Im not happy''. I pass a lot of time saying I love her so I will distance myself a little bit before because right now it would sound hypocrite to say I love you all the time and then boom, im sorry im not happy. I will tell her that I love her but that I carry lot of anger and that it is not her or me , it is just the relationship itself that is not vybing. But yeah, many stuff makes me mad and I think it is just the timing that is bad because we don't have the same level of maturity and we are not at the same place in life. I respect that and I doubt that right now if we continue she will progress at her speed and it would not be nice from me to make her progress faster than she is suppose to. I am scared a little bit because it is always scary to wonder ; is it the fact that she put a mask before to make me fall in love, or she use a mask after by being afraid. But waiting to know that is a painful process and I don't deserve that anger.
midaz

Postby Livetowin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 pm

midaz wrote:You are such a genius, I appreciate so much your help! I feel like you are doing the work my dad never really did for me. I agree with all of your saying, I will wait a little bit because her birthday + valentine day is in few days so I won't be a di** and hurt her just before, but I will start settting my mind into it. Anyway I think that you can feel that I already started to accumulate anger and sadness towards it so it wont be a big part. It will be more difficult to discuss her about it because she will want a reason and she will probably not just understand ''Im not happy''. I pass a lot of time saying I love her so I will distance myself a little bit before because right now it would sound hypocrite to say I love you all the time and then boom, im sorry im not happy. I will tell her that I love her but that I carry lot of anger and that it is not her or me , it is just the relationship itself that is not vybing. But yeah, many stuff makes me mad and I think it is just the timing that is bad because we don't have the same level of maturity and we are not at the same place in life. I respect that and I doubt that right now if we continue she will progress at her speed and it would not be nice from me to make her progress faster than she is suppose to. I am scared a little bit because it is always scary to wonder ; is it the fact that she put a mask before to make me fall in love, or she use a mask after by being afraid. But waiting to know that is a painful process and I don't deserve that anger.

You don't ever need to think of yourself as a hypocrite because you told her you love her. One of the biggest lessons I have learned in life is you can love someone, but it doesn't mean you can live with them. Two ENTIRELY different scenarios there my friend. That's the true meaning behind the phrase ' Love is never enough'. Two people can have genuine feelings for one another that touch on very deep rooted areas of their life. But chemistry goes so much deeper than just having a meaningful connection. You have to be two people that know how to communicate and tolerate your differences. That's a whole other ball game.

In terms of wondering, I wouldn't place too much weight on that idea. Remember, you only control yourself. If she is not forth coming about her own feelings then she has a major communication problem that would only poison the relationship as the two of you got into far deeper issues latter. Let me explain it to you like this...

When people have been happily married for a while what do you think they do all day? You think me and my wife sit around and get high off finding new ways to be lovie-dovie? Hell no. For God's sake, I would shoot myself if I had to be a poet every day. We have created a life together with kids and a grandson to boot. Many days we have no time for ourselves other than kissing each other when we get into bed and telling each other we'll have a better tomorrow. It can get that hectic because the responsibilities of life take over.

That is why building that bond of trust and communication is so important. That's why knowing who each of you are is important. If this girl only has you standing in front of her and the ONLY big challenge is for her to simply tell you how she feels and she can't do that right, what do you think she'll do when you have to take care of much bigger responsibilities later in life like kids and careers? Are you going to have to go fishing to find her feelings there too? I bet you won't have the energy to bother by that point, which would take you back to THIS moment in time.

So don't idealize her because you want something that she can never be. Only look at what is in front of you. And if that isn't working or leaving you feeling a lack of contentment at such an early stage when it's just the two of you, then you have to understand this is not viable for a long term relationship. No reasoning or feeling of affection should EVER supersede that measure. You think you love her? That's nice. Not sure if she loves you? That's problematic at best. What have you got? A relationship that is breaking down because the communication is poor and probably because she is not sure what she wants (even if she might think she does when you tell her it's time to move on).

This is not a person you can live with and it's not even passing the test of someone you can DATE. So take your lessons from this and move on to someone who will be far better for your life and your emotional well being. And remember this...Seeing is believing. If you can't see it and don't hear it, it's not there. Your heart lives on "what if", but your mind works on "what is". Use your mind today and your heart will ultimately be better served later when you find the right person who can express themselves and take care of the things YOU need.
Livetowin
Preferred Member

Postby midaz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:58 pm

honestly I never felt that much understood in my life... I can't say how much I thank you for all this life lesson, I am very happy to have a discussion with you, you openned my eyes so much clearer ! You are awesome and I will never thank you enough! I probably knew deep inside what to do but didn't had the courage to rationalize everything and your use of words make me safer to act! Thanks again and again my friend <3
midaz

Return to Relationships