'Obsessions' with people?

Postby bunnyrabbit » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I've often had 'obsessions' with people. Like I don't just get a normal crush on a guy. When I like someone, I literally CANNOT stop thinking about them, and I think I cross major boundaries, like I will spend ages looking at their social media, their family's social media, their friends' social media... I'll figure out where they live and 'walk past' their house even if it's completely out of the way. Not because I want to bump into them, just for the thrill of the fact I could be near them. These last for agesssss. Like average a year.

I think I've figured out that they're actually 'distractions' like the obsession will be deepest when I'm going through a really bad time in life.

And when I was younger, they were just on guys that didn't like me back, but the past three ones have been people who I knew full well would never like me back (2 celebrities and a gay guy) but I continued to obsess anyway. I wonder if I have a subconscious fear of relationships.

I just felt like posting this, because it's kind of interesting, like I feel like a lack of self-love causes these obsessions. Hmm.
bunnyrabbit

Likes Received: 0

Postby Alex4 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Everyone has a need to be loved. If for whatever reason you have not felt loved, Perhaps the impulsive walking past their house or driving there has become a fantasy life in which you are loved by someone. The fantasy does not have to involve sex. Its a fantasy in which you feel special and loved.

You are setting up situations in which you will fail, and that only feeds the feeling of isolation..

Alex4
Alex4

Likes Received: 7