vitiligo phobia

Postby nadia9743 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:33 am

Hi,

I am Nadia,26 years old female. Now i am feeling extremely stressed, anxious and helpless. My mother has developed vitiligo for the last four years. She is 63years old. After she developed this skin disoder, it was not spreading. But now it is spreading more and more. My problem is, i am now extremely worried that i will develop this disease.My mother developed this disease just one month after my marriage. I was busy at that time with my new life,studies. Recently i have completed my studies. Now i am staying at home and almost whole the time thinking about one day i will develop the disease. I can not share this problem with my husband. we are 3 brother and two sisters. i am the youngest. none of them have the skin disorder yet and are panicked like me and dont think about this disease. What should i do now??? i am having problem in my marriage life because of this,my husband misunderstands me,but i cant tell him. I think that rather i would commit suicide if i have the disease but can not tell this to my husband.
nadia9743

Likes Received: 0

Postby Alex4 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:58 am

I'm not trying to be flip here, but if you are going to develop this condition, and can't do anything about it, why waste the time you have without something that may not even happen being miserable? Life is just too short to not enjoy your time because of something you don't have?

Alex4
Alex4

Likes Received: 7

Postby nadia9743 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 am

i can understand it, but i just cant control my thoughts. Now i am passing most of the time at home, have a lots of free time but have nothing to do. or may be i think too much. None of my siblings has headache for my mothers disease, but i cannot get the thinking out of my head. :( :(
nadia9743

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 pm

nadia9743 wrote:...Now i am passing most of the time at home, have a lots of free time but have nothing to do.

As Alex pointed out, life is short. Why are you wasting time at home with nothing to do? Get out of the house, find some activities, engage your mind with relationships, with learning, with life.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 807

Postby Alex4 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:58 am

Nadia,
even if you can't control your thoughts, can you catch yourself every or most times that your mind starts to think about the condition. that is the fist step in stopping something. Realizing when you are thinking about it. Once you can catch yourself, try to replace that image with an image that you like. It can't hurt to try it, and you may find that you have more control over your thought than you think.

Alex4
Alex4

Likes Received: 7