Finally made it to 3 years

Postby olskoolru » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I promised myself that for year 3, I would return to Uncommon and share my experience of making it to this milestone.

I made it and I am alive and well. I can't remember the last time I thought about marijuana.

If you've read any of my early posts, you'll realize that I had some of the most extremely painful and scary months of early recovery in the "addictions" section of UF.

The only control over my addiction and recovery that I had was never losing hope, staying positive, being good to myself and staying clean. I am lucky to have a wife that stuck with me through the entire process. She saw first hand how terribly my withdrawals changed me. I wasn't the same person, for at least the first5 months after I quit.

Then, slowly, but surely, the old me started to resurface.

Fast forward to today, I am definitely back, but am a new and improved me. I am not nearly as explosive, and moody as I used to be. I am so much more chill. And best of all, I absolutely love not being a slave to marijuana anymore.

Thanks for all the support uncommon forum recovering addicts! You were a godsend.

I will probably not be back on the forum for a while, so please check out my older posts and all the answers I could provide, you will find there.

Stay strong!

OSR
olskoolru
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 74

Postby Swim75 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Well done...i hope i make it that far.im just off a year and its still bad
Swim75

Likes Received: 7

Postby Flucktoo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:51 am

Hey just wanted to ask you what age you started smoking. I need someone that recovered smoking at a young age, feeling hopeless and all of those studies are really getting to me :(
Flucktoo

Likes Received: 1

Postby Swim75 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:00 am

Hi flucktoo.i was 14 years of age.Ive been on this forum a while and it has pulled me out of some dark moments..just hope we all come thru this i really do ...
Swim75

Postby Swim75 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:09 am

Flluktoo...u will be fine i promise u..ive just read how.long u been smoking.another 3 months max and u will.be ok....its longtermers who suffer most.i promise u will be fine ✌
Swim75

Postby Theocritus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 am

Congratulations! I hope I can find myself there. Just a question: has anybody else had experience with intrusive thoughts while withdrawing from marijuana concentrates? I’m having a rough go of it.

Thanks!
Theocritus

Likes Received: 0