Paws and anxiety about heart

Postby CKD8323 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:58 pm

So does this heartbeat anxiety go away. I've smoked for the past 3 years and ever since stopping 58 days ago it's come and gone and the anxiety is really hard to shake
CKD8323

Likes Received: 1

Postby Hoofhearted » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

It will lessen in time CDK. The first few months for me were awful! Things have improved a lot since then. I sleep better (8hours every night w/o breaks), no more headaches, and anxiety is WAY down!

The anxiety is just a rebound from being so chill/sedated for 3 years. Give your body sometime to readjust, 58 days is not that long in comparison to 3 years. Just try and relax, it's all part of the healing process.
Hoofhearted

Likes Received: 3

Postby CKD8323 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Man thanks for the reply I just saw this. It's getting the best of me today. I'm over 60 days. I will say there does seem to be progress but it's very slow and very two steps forward one step back sort of progress. Is this what you experienced as well. Just hearing more about yours may help some. Uhg I hate these days
CKD8323

Postby Hoofhearted » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:11 pm

I know what you're going through CDK and it sucks! The first 2-3 months we're the worst for me. I had chest pain, palpitations, increased heart rate, and high blood pressure. You name it. It lessend significantly since then.

Now I'm about 5 months since my quit and all my symptoms have gone but the occasional chest pain and ringing in my ears.

Do you experience chest pain as well or is it just feeling your heartbeat?
Hoofhearted

Postby CKD8323 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:07 pm

I wouldn't call it chest pain, more of a tightness in my chest with just very strange sensations/pains which can and do happen else where on the body. The thing that gets me the most about the heart is how easily it is elevated and how disoriented I feel from it (send me into a slight panic) then the...."damn I'll be this way forever thoughts" get in my head. That's usually check mate because then I get in my head and it's a journey to get out of that. Even though I've read so many people say YOU WILL NOT FEEL LIKE THIS FOREVER. I also think it's possible that I'm just more aware of my heart being elevated because I'm hyper-aware/sensitive now a days and it may actually not be any higher than normal but in the moment it doesn't feel like it should (I'm sure you know what I mean) Crazy part is while I was using I had anxiety about made up things, like a car coming around a blind corner really fast or some type of surprising imaginary situation....now I honestly feel more chill about everything, no more anxiety when driving, I've made peace with my place in life and wastedtime/opportunities, 2 year relationship ended recently...I feel like mentally I've done just about as much growth a person can do in 2 months it's just the damn physiological symptoms that keep
me guessing these days
CKD8323

Postby CKD8323 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Another thing is the ear ringing seems to have gone away or at least subsided to be less noticeable. I had a good bit of anxiety trying to fall asleep which is when aniexty and tinnitus seem to be at their wors. I haven't heard any ringing for a solid 4-5 days now but I know with all this stuff it could come back
CKD8323

Postby Hoofhearted » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Wow that's awesome to hear CKD! I'm glad your tinnitus has subsided for now (very envious).

I'm curious how long you are out from your quit and how long you've had tinnitus?
Hoofhearted

Postby CKD8323 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Well short answer is about 70 from weed but I had also stopped doing a drug called kratom which I had only done for a few months and it's 58 days since that. Both can cause tinnitus when stopped. I've probably had a mixed bag of symptoms from both drugs although weed was something I did daily for about 3 years. I still have some weird things with head pressure and noise in my ears at night when I'm trying to sleep but they seem to have calmed to unnoticeable or very bearable. I really hope it stops for you sooner than later. Another thing I've done it stopped smoking cigs. I realized they were tearing my blood pressure and anxiety up.....maybe not the root cause obviously but they def made it much worse when I would be having symptoms. I actually started using dip as little as possible to get the nicotine fix bc I'm in no position to throw another discontinuation in at this point. Hope that helps.....also you're 5 months out right? How are you symptoms overall? You've mentioned things got better after 3 months....I'd love to hear more about how that's been going to where you are now
CKD8323

Postby Hoofhearted » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Yeah i'm about 5 months out and things got significantly better at about 5 months once i could get a full nights rest and the headaches stopped. My main issues now are my occasional chest tightness that happens here and there, but is not like a it once was, and the ringing in my ear.

The ringing is very annoying and i find myself getting distracted by it quiet a bit, while in class or going to bed. Definitely still there. Fingers crossed it will go away..

Good luck with the rest of your quit! it sounds like you're doing well considering you're only 70 days out. Things will get better and better, until you'll be down to like a symptom or two. Then it might take a bit longer for those to go away. Give it some time :]
Hoofhearted

Postby CKD8323 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Thank you! I really do hope the ringing goes away for you. I'm not sure I ever had it as bad as you but I can say that especially at night in bed it can be very disheartening. I think the hardest thing right now is the fatigue as anxiety which seems counter intuitive but they're both there. I have been working and pushing myself a little more each day and trying to reward myself for the things I do right. Another thing is that these 70 or so days have felt like a lifetime holyshit. So it's really hard to fathom 5 months so I really hope the time dilation begins to ease up as well. Again man keep it up and I really do hope that you're tinnitus gets better soon.
CKD8323

Postby Soberchic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:09 am

Hey peeps, im now at 7 mo and forget to mention my chest pain is gone it went away maybe a month ago or around there..it used to make me nervous in the very beginning now its gone.
Soberchic

Likes Received: 16

Previous