I'm not sure if I have a mental disorder

Postby Ninavergara2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Ever since I was little I would catch myself having made-up conversations with sometimes multiple people pertaining to an event that was about to happen. Sometimes I would say the words out loud and sometimes I would mouth them. Sometimes, I can't Catch myself starting to do this so I come back to myself wondering if it was necessary normal to do so. I'm in college now and unconsciously start lookin in the mirror and mouthing out the words that I spoke in the theoretical conversation I was having and using facial expressions as to whatever I made up the other person saying and continuing this conversation in that manner. This would usually start when I'm thinking about a particular confrontation which leads me to act out that confrontation. I am wondering if this is normal.
Ninavergara2

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes, it is normal. People talk to themselves, including in mirrors.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 768

Postby hippyhippy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi, I think you are very normal! I talk to myself all the time. I have conversations in my head and sometimes I catch myself saying things out loud. Sometimes when I am alone I deliberately speak out loud. If I haven't had any alone time for a while, I begin to get antsy and find I need that space to talk! I don't think it is indicative of a mental disorder, it is just a way I have found of processing stuff. My child does it too.
hippyhippy

Likes Received: 0