Another One Bites The Dust

Postby Soberchic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:43 am

Prozac is not addictive..to me( especially me being addict of all substances) if it was addictive i would be taking more and more pills to get a high..not the case here. Im on 20 mg daily i just cut down to every other day.. And i think its working so far although i just started.. It just makes me tired in the morning where i feel like i could sleep late. Thank you for listening:)
Soberchic

Likes Received: 44

Postby Gitana » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:53 am

Good to hear that - i never tried Prozac - so it gets you any high at all?
Gitana

Likes Received: 33

Postby Soberchic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:16 am

Lol no prozac does not get you high, its for depression. And mood disorder
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:45 am

Oh i see ;) - hope it does what it s designed for then - i remember it like being nicknamed "happiness drug" no?
Gitana

Postby Soberchic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:34 pm

I heard that too...dont really think so lol
Soberchic

Postby Gitana » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Sorry to hear that
Gitana

Postby Gitana » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:31 am

I have to share this: I just spent the evening at a barbecue with a bunch of friends - they were all going at it (pipes, joint, edibles, bong, you name it) with hard liquor on top of it!

They were all very surprised by me quietly declining everything with a smile - "especially you!" they said - and yet we chatted and laughed and jammed all the way. Then later we went to some open air concert where everyone was as well smoking and boozing: again we talked, danced, met tons of old and new friends.

For the first time in over 30 years, i spent a full evening socializing, philosophizing, dancing, flirting without being under any other influences than the one of the beautiful moon.

Yet i had a blast just like i always used to when partaking!
All my friends mentioned that they were very impressed - and inspired by seeing me being so "normal me" at a party smoking air and drinking juice. It really was the best feeling, a sense of freedom like i never thought i could have without substances.

Damn, tonight, for once in my life, i was "that person" (we ve all met one at some point) who doesnt smoke, doesnt drink, and yet is totally enjoying the party, the jokes, the music, the people, the vibe, the dancing, the flirting with strangers.
And i was the last one to leave (like i always was "before")

I ve always used to feel bad for that person, like "they dont know what they are missing, the weed, the high, the booze.."
Tonight i just realized what it feels like, and it s absolutely fun! At no point did i even miss being high, as i just had the exact same fun! Plus i got to observe my friends from a sober point of view and i didnt even feel any distance or difference, we were really connecting as usual. Very new sensation that i wanted to document here :)
Gitana

Postby Gitana » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm

9 months finally came - it is true that there s somewhat of a step up at this point!
- brain is not as foggy (damn that took a while)
- my cognitive abilities are far from being back, but i feel less dumb (i can remember people s name and dont have to struggle as much to find words)
- sleeping is a breeze, i sleep when i decide and no more anxiety in bed
- hanging out around stoners is just fine, i dont care at all
- finances are better, i might have saved about 2 grands easily
- days are longer and i accomplish much more
Still looking forward to full recovery but i m already quite happy as is!
Thanks to everyone on this site for inspiration, support and story-sharing, could not have done it without!!
Gitana

Postby seeingthelight » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Thank you for sharing your progress and giving back like others have. Stories like this are inspirational!
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 20

Postby cleanofgreen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:19 am

9 months wow well done and so cool you can party while sober, am doing a bit of that myself and find I still have a good time too :D .
Congrats
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 73

Postby Gitana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 pm

seeingthelight wrote:Thank you for sharing your progress and giving back like others have. Stories like this are inspirational!

Thanks Seeing the Light, i m quite happy i finally did it - and glad if my experience can inspire anyone.
Posting here has been important for me - especially at the beginning - since accountability brings sustainability in most case..
Gitana

Postby Gitana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 pm

cleanofgreen wrote:9 months wow well done and so cool you can party while sober, am doing a bit of that myself and find I still have a good time too :D .
Congrats

Thanks Cleanofgreen! And good job on your side too!
Do you get to enjoy clean-headed partying as much as before?
Gitana

Previous

Return to Addictions