I need help with binge eating

Postby EmotionalEngineer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:22 am

I feel like I'm in a downward spiral of over eating and getting depressed because I'm over weight and then self soothing by over eating and getting depressed more and the cycle continues.

I take Cymbalta and Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety. I don't think either is supposed to cause weight gain.

I'm going to start seeing a therapist next month and I'm sure I can discuss it with her. I thought it would be helpful to share here to.

Does anyone have advice on dealing with compulsive eating? People tell me "it's simple, just eat less". Sometimes I feel like I'm possessed and completely out of control.
EmotionalEngineer

Likes Received: 1

Postby federico91 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

You can go to a psychologist, a nutritionist to help you with that topic, You can occupy your mind in some activity to calm anxiety, eating exesively is a habit produced sometimes for psychological reasons, it can be anxiety, depression, stress, and , it is important to evaluate what are the things that generate stress, anxiety, Or depression and find ways to solve those things to avoid having to eat in excess to relieve those emotions
federico91

Likes Received: 3

Postby InkChalk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:54 am

What do you love to do? (or want to love to do).
Why do you actually want to lose weight?

It shouldn't be because 'you're fat'... you'd just be stuck in a loop.
You have to get out there, and find something to get up and discover. Something you want to be good at... become a master.
Being fit or skinny shouldn't about a judgemental category. that you get all worked up over.
A true type of fit it is 'useful' to do the things i enjoy. Outdoors. Get outdoors.
InkChalk

Likes Received: 4

Postby EmotionalEngineer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Thank you for the replies. I'm starting therapy on April 12th. I like the statement about loosing weight just because l'm fat or because of social pressures. I can see how that would cause depression and anxiety to get worse.

I have been a mess for so long I have a difficult time remembering what I used to do for fun. I do have hope though. I'll find something fun to do that involves physical activity.

Thanks again for the encouraging words.
EmotionalEngineer

Likes Received: 1

Postby Jamie514 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm

It is better that you should go to a therapsit and tell him/her about your weight problem. It would be very helpful for you so please do this quickly.
Jamie514

Likes Received: 15