I'm done...Finally

Postby weederNH » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm 57 and have been smoking weed since I was 16, daily for the last 25 years with a couple of very short breaks. Well, I'm done. I don't enjoy it anymore, yet I get stoned everyday. I stress about getting low, have missed family events because of weed. I have developed depression and anxiety and have zero interest in anything I used to love,always stoned of course. Well I'm tired of being tired, I'm tired of being panicky about going somewhere after I've toked up and realize I'll have to deal with people. I'm tired of spending $200.00 a month, sometimes more, for weed.
I'm I used to love weed and I've been lucky enough to be able to buy primo weed for years. But I don't love it anymore as a matter of fact, I hate it and it's taken control of my life. It's long past time that I take control back.
Day 1. I'd appreciate any feedback from longtime users who have quit. I'll keep you posted.

Peace
weederNH

Likes Received: 5

Postby HDog455 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:15 am

Hey weederNH, you are pretty much exactly where I was nine years ago when I quit weed for good Cold Turkey. When I finally realised that I was no longer enjoying the smoking experience it was relatively easy to give it up. Thirty years of daily use (like you I had primo weed always on hand) - hell, I could have bought a house with all of that wasted money - LOL.

Anyway, it's good that you have developed a true hatred of weed because I strongly believe that hating it is necessary before you can successfully quit for good - and not have to suffer the regular relapses that the majority of contributors to this forum go through.

And don't get caught up in all the noise on here about PAWS - a lot of people use it as an excuse to constantly moan about how difficult it is to quit their habits. I appreciate that the Quitting process is in fact very difficult for a lot of people but feeling sorry for yourself only makes it worse.

A positive attitude and being proud of yourself for making the firm and unequivocal decision to quit for good are fundamental attributes that will help you achieve your ultimate goal. Oh, and of course, exercise and a healthy diet (avoid processed sugar) are also hugely important.

PAWS is not a given - I hardly experienced any. At the beginning of the Quit I had a few (less than a week) nights where it took a long time to get to sleep. Apart from that is was pretty much plain sailing - I never relapsed and, to this day, I still hate the stuff - don't even want to try it again just for the hell of it.

Stay positive, enjoy the simple things in life, and be proud of every day that you stay off the drugs. All the best.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 44

Postby weederNH » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:07 am

Thanks HDog, I feel so ready to be free of the weed. Hope it goes as well for me as it did for you.
weederNH

Postby weederNH » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Day 3 and I'm feeling disconnected and unable to focus. I feel good that I've gone this far but it also feels like an impossible task after smoking for so long. One day at a time is the best approach I suppose but man it's hard. The stories of success on this forum are just what I need right now. Thanks to you all.
weederNH

Postby BCBUDFREE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Hey weeder I have been there and now I am 3 years off the weed. Just know that you are at the hardest part right now. All you can do it distract yourself by keeping busy and try to keep the weed off your mind. I have given this advise before but will repeat it for you. There is a fork in the road in front of you right now.... Envision yourself in one or two years if you keep smoking.,....then imaging yourself having not used in the same amount of time. Picture your surroundings and the changes that have happened and the good and the bad parts of your life.

This helped me..... the weed path will always lead you back to the place you are now. The weed free path if full of possibilities and exciting opportunities for a better life.
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 10

Postby weederNH » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:50 am

Thanks BCBUD, great advise. I cant imagine not using for 3 weeks never mind 3 years but the fork in the road is a wonderful way to look at my situation. I'm trying and really want to succeed. Thanks for the support.
weederNH

Postby StayingStrong » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Hey weederNH, How's it going? Are you still refraining from smoking? I am on Day 4 and have had ups and downs. Last night I lay in bed awake for 5 hours before I drifted off, only to wake u about an hour later sweating my donkey off. I haven't really eaten much, all I really want is a small salda with a sweet dressing although I did manage 2 slices of Pizza last night.

I didn't plan to quit. I have been smoking chronically for almost 20 years and one morning (4 days ago) after just buying half ounce the night before I decided to quit LOL.

I'm just taking each day as it comes and trying to take my mind off things but it's hard!
StayingStrong

Likes Received: 2

Postby weederNH » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:43 am

Still at it Staying Strong. Funny, I did the same thing. I scored a nice sack of purple diesel and a day later I was done. Its a struggle but I really want this to happen. I try to keep busy and remember that the actual craving only lasts a couple of minutes. When I start thinking of smoking, I do something, anything to occupy my mind for a little while and it goes away. Keep at it.
weederNH

Postby tokeless » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi there.. just wanted to add my well done to what you've done. I was a heavy, long term user too.. loved the stuff but something just happened and I was done. I knew it and also that I'd never use again.. not even for a day. I enjoyed the ride mostly but it just became an expensive waste of time. You can do this I'm sure of that. I'd recommend just thinking of what feels good about it rather than the negatives. I enjoyed not having that stale taste in my throat in the morning, that little cough to clear my throat, but most of all I lost that sense of urgency to skin up a spliff whenever I got the chance or more often created.
I now enjoy being present with those that matter instead of wanting to be with my weed and in my own head.
Keep going because it is so worth it... enjoy the positives and ignore the negatives. You are free...
tokeless

Likes Received: 172

Postby Quinnster » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:15 am

Good luck! I became an everyday user as well and thought it was a cure all. About a year ago, I noticed how many things were turning bad for me. I was having delusional thoughts, major memory problems, depression... Started disliking being around most people and preferred to sit by myself, listen to music and smoke. Was so subtle that I didn't even see it happen. Quit for a little more than a month. Thought I could smoke on occasion and was back at it before long. Finally broke free a month ago after seeing an old post talking about quitting and realized I had been back at it over 6 months already. I've thrown away or given away 5 ozs since trying to quit. I wanted to feel the pain of the money loss to prevent me from going back.
great job and hope you are getting past a week this weekend! At 1 month, sleep is way better already. So is many other things. Hope you enjoy the same benefits soon.
Quinnster

Likes Received: 16