quit weed after 40 years

Postby fivejski » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 am

I am 59 years old have been smoking pretty much daily since I was 18. I can honestly say that all though I enjoyed it for most of the time that it definitely changed my life for the worse. all that mattered was to smoke that joint on the way home from wherever I was coming from. if I didn't have it I was miserable. I am a big guy over 300lbs all my adult life because of the weed. it not only gave me the munchies but bloated up like a balloon. my wife new instantly if I had smoked by my puffiness. I had my first grandson last year which motivated me to quit. I stopped September of 16 and have no desire to start again. just wish I did it sooner. for months I had stomach problems and nasty bowel movements. I attribute this to the thc leaving my fat cells. I always had man boobs but they have gone down significantly and have lost 40lbs since I quit.
fivejski

Likes Received: 2

Postby Gitana » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 am

Welcome Fivejski - congrats for the move and resolve,and thank you for sharing an inspiring story. 4 decades is no joke, and it s never too late to start something new. It s impressive to see that your body is recovering so fast really! Keep us posted.
Gitana

Likes Received: 35

Postby StayingStrong » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 am

Congrats!!! I just joined the forum and posted above. I am 2 days in after smoking for 20 years! I started to get skipped beats in my heart about a year ago... Faught until I was blue in the face that it wasn't the weed causing them... I quit just 48 hours ago and haven't had one isue since, I was getting between 10 and 20 per day... Great to read that you were succesful. Well done.
StayingStrong

Likes Received: 2

Postby Quinnster » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Welcome FiveJ,
I too have lost some weight since quitting. Amazing what those munchie power sessions every night will do to you! Plus for some reason MJ decreases muscle tone. Never too late!
Quinnster

Likes Received: 19

Postby Optimistic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 pm

That's awesome Five! Enjoy the grandson and I wish you continued success!
Optimistic

Likes Received: 7