Day five of quitting weed and cigarettes...help I want to

Postby Next54 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:18 am

P.S. PAWS is 'post acute withdrawal syndrome.' My advice (since I did quit for 12 years prior to my recent 4 year high): don't worry about it right now. One thing at a time. I once heard that when you think too far in advance you have to mentally fight every craving between now and the perceived future all at once. That's just overwhelming. You can cross that bridge when you get to it.

Also I'm chewing Nicorette 4 mg gum now and will taper down to the 2 mg starting tomorrow. Plan to stop the nicotine gum in a few days.

Don't push yourself too hard or expect too much from yourself right now. All you need do is rest and take it easy while your body and mind work their magic (heal). You can't think yourself out of this hole and you don't need to. Hope this helps. I say it for you just as much as for me. :)
Next54

Likes Received: 2

Postby cleanofgreen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:54 am

You can't think yourself out of this hole and you don't need to

That describes it beautifully
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 73

Postby Holly22 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

I have been smoking weed and cigarettes for 15 years I am a super hypo person and used it to calm me down. I have suffered with anxiety since I was born I reckon so weed isn't for me.

Reading your posts has give me hope. I am on day 3. I have started just with weed first. Then cigarettes next week. I started a new job this week so didn't want to send myself mental.

I am fine in the day it's just that after dinner hour. I start feeling like I.can't keep still . I was very emotional last night did not think it would be this bad. Any suggestions to feel a bit calmer are very welcome....cos I am driving my boyfriend away xxxx
Holly22

Likes Received: 1

Postby Dawn72 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Next54 wrote:P.S. PAWS is 'post acute withdrawal syndrome.' My advice (since I did quit for 12 years prior to my recent 4 year high): don't worry about it right now. One thing at a time. I once heard that when you think too far in advance you have to mentally fight every craving between now and the perceived future all at once. That's just overwhelming. You can cross that bridge when you get to it.

Also I'm chewing Nicorette 4 mg gum now and will taper down to the 2 mg starting tomorrow. Plan to stop the nicotine gum in a few days.

Don't push yourself too hard or expect too much from yourself right now. All you need do is rest and take it easy while your body and mind work their magic (heal). You can't think yourself out of this hole and you don't need to. Hope this helps. I say it for you just as much as for me. :)

I am learning and realizing finally that I need to take it one day at a time.
Day two with no weed. And day ten with no cigarettes ..it's been a lot of changes this past cpl wks but I know it's all worth it.
I have been over thinking too much you ate so right that I can't be doing that.
My real bad one is over thinking that iam going to pack on a bunch of weight but I am determined to not let that happen.
Baby steps ...just getting out and going for walks right now.
Thank you for the wise words they help a lot.
Dawn72

Postby Dawn72 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Holly22 wrote:I have been smoking weed and cigarettes for 15 years I am a super hypo person and used it to calm me down. I have suffered with anxiety since I was born I reckon so weed isn't for me.

Reading your posts has give me hope. I am on day 3. I have started just with weed first. Then cigarettes next week. I started a new job this week so didn't want to send myself mental.

I am fine in the day it's just that after dinner hour. I start feeling like I.can't keep still . I was very emotional last night did not think it would be this bad. Any suggestions to feel a bit calmer are very welcome....cos I am driving my boyfriend away xxxx

I think just remind him thist this is temporary and to not take your mood swings personally I know I have to do the same thing.
I know there is a phase where I hate everything and everyone and I want to rip into everyone which is the phase that is hitting now but I am reminding myself it's just temporary.

I find supplements like omega oils,5htp and b complex help a lo.
The 5 htp needs time to build up in the system but it's a good supplement for stabilizing moods and anxiety also primrose oil.

I also find a bath with to cups of Epson salt and soak for at least 12 minutes with no soap.
Really helps relax me and it helps with detoxing the body but be sure to not ad soap ..soap hinders the effects of the Epson salt.
Dawn72

Postby Dawn72 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:51 pm

It's right now up to the next five six days where I get super irritated and bitchy Ali g with major anxiety spikes but I am determined to ride this out and with my self care will get there.

We are all stronger then that stupid weed.
And I also found Allen Carrs easy way to quit smoking has been a huge help with both.
Even though it says smoking so much of it applies to quitting marijuana too.

He even says you have a house and a tree to slightly different things but you can still use a ladder to get to both.
Buy his book I promis will be the best 10 -20 $ you ever spent.

I am buying everyone I care about that's fighting an addiction this book
And trust me I was super skeptical about a book helping me but boy was I wrong it's that good.
Dawn72

Postby Next54 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 pm

"Day two with no weed. And day ten with no cigarettes .."

That's amazing and you should pat yourself on the back! I am not able to smoke weed without chasing it with a cigarette - for me they are almost the same animal. I know that is counter to what most people think and feel but if I smoke cigs, then I feel like I might as well smoke a joint too since I'm smoking something anyway. And if I smoke weed I immediately need a cigarette. Anyway - today is day 6 for me still hanging in there even though my customers at work are driving me nuts. I'm starting to feel better but I know I'm not out of the woods yet.

The advice on Epson Salt baths is great. I've used that before and to find it relaxing. Can definitely be helpful for anxiety.

Weed ain't the devil but for me it's just too hard to resist and not good for my health.

it's always been all or nothing.
Next54

Likes Received: 2

Postby Dawn72 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Next54 wrote:"Day two with no weed. And day ten with no cigarettes .."

That's amazing and you should pat yourself on the back! I am not able to smoke weed without chasing it with a cigarette - for me they are almost the same animal. I know that is counter to what most people think and feel but if I smoke cigs, then I feel like I might as well smoke a joint too since I'm smoking something anyway. And if I smoke weed I immediately need a cigarette. Anyway - today is day 6 for me still hanging in there even though my customers at work are driving me nuts. I'm starting to feel better but I know I'm not out of the woods yet.

The advice on Epson Salt baths is great. I've used that before and to find it relaxing. Can definitely be helpful for anxiety.

Weed ain't the devil but for me it's just too hard to resist and not good for my health.

it's always been all or nothing.

I am the same I always followed my joint with a cigarette and one of my things that I loved to do
It was my me time is sitting on my balcony after work and unwind with a joint and a cigarette.

Now with spring here this will take some adjusting because I love sitting outside not going to stop doing that but I need to learn to enjoy it with out a joint or a cigarette.
Dawn72

Postby Holly22 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Dawn72 wrote:
Holly22 wrote:I have been smoking weed and cigarettes for 15 years I am a super hypo person and used it to calm me down. I have suffered with anxiety since I was born I reckon so weed isn't for me.

I think just remind him thist this is temporary and to not take your mood swings personally I know I have to do the same thing.
I know there is a phase where I hate everything and everyone and I want to rip into everyone which is the phase that is hitting now but I am reminding myself it's just temporary.

I find supplements like omega oils,5htp and b complex help a lo.
The 5 htp needs time to build up in the system but it's a good supplement for stabilizing moods and anxiety also primrose oil.

I also find a bath with to cups of Epson salt and soak for at least 12 minutes with no soap.
Really helps relax me and it helps with detoxing the body but be sure to not ad soap ..soap hinders the effects of the Epson salt.

Thanks so much for your time. Me and my boyfriend have had a good talk and he is currently running me a bath with epsom salts. I am also having a glass of wine Just one mind don't wanna go down that road.
Need to relax. I know its not the best idea but i have just started a high pressure job.

I am ready to do this now......i have tried before but because someone else wanted me too or i have lived over seas with work. This is may choice now and i know i am gonna do it.

I am going to start dancing again as i was a samba dancer. Exercise is the way forward. I suffer with depression and have pulled myself out of it through dance and competitive sport. Going to start next week as doing everything at once maybe overwhelming. Thanks you cutie.
Holly22

Postby Gitana » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Thanks for all of this - inspiring - and lot of wisdom here - yup, one day at at time, the same way we live, right?

I hear you guys about cigs and joint, i could never do one without the other.. - on the positive side, since i stopped the weed, i never had any thought for cigarette either!!

Mood is bad though, but i manage to avoid people so not much harm done so far..
Gitana

Likes Received: 33

Previous