4 month now

Postby Tomoli » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 am

today it's 4 month with no weed and I felt like posting again after a long time. My anxiety is not as frightening as it was in the first 2 month, but i really struggle with depressive thoughts. Sometimes the intrusive thoughts about life/death/suicide come and go but aren't as present as they were. Still I am feeling strange most of the time. It's like i don't know what to do. i feel the urge to do stuff and have the time of my life, but at the same time don't want to do this stuff. I can't really describe it. Didnt touch my guitar, computer or books since quitting, i don't want to be home alone and spend time by myself (i really enjoyed it back in the green days). I notice that when i'm alone my thoughts get more negative and i cant really do something about it. Still i'm questioning everything, if it really is PAWS or real depression/anxiety disorder etc.
Tomoli

Likes Received: 1

Postby Quinnster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:55 am

Hi Tomoli,
Congratulations on 4 months! That is a great achievement. I am at almost 2 months. I have had the same issue with motivation to do things. However, I am starting to discover that sometimes motivation needs a little work on our part. I have been working on my motivation at work. It is a tough go. My mind hasn't worked right for years and it is almost like I am starting over since I could never focus when smoking weed. So every day, I have had a plan to accomplish something. Focus on something. Force myself to get something accomplished. Today, I held my focus for nearly 2 hours. It was very encouraging to myself. It inspired myself to try again tomorrow and hopefully keep building on what I am doing.
I also played the guitar and haven't been able to get myself motivated to play. I think again, I need to try the same technique. Challenge myself. Even keep a journal of it, but really put in some effort and not expect it to come from no where when I hit a year or 2 years. I believe we need to retrain our brains if we want to get back what we had. We need to work for it. Good luck!
Quinnster

Likes Received: 19

Postby MarshaMoreno » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:57 am

Congratulation Tomoli and Quinnster, you guys are really doing well. Just be patient for some more time until you get out of the weed.
MarshaMoreno

Likes Received: 1