Which is worse for your health?

Postby oldashelljoanne » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Cigs or pot? Which is harder to quit for most people?

If someone where smoking both.. Which would be more beneficial to quit first?

Just curious as a lot of people debate this

The chain smokers will tell you pot is the worst thing in the world. The pot smokers will tell you cigs are 10x worse for your health
oldashelljoanne

Likes Received: 0

Postby Gitana » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:40 am

I always smoked both mixed - except for a phase (maybe 2-3 years) where i tried pure via a little pipe or mixing with sage instead.

I quit both about 2 months ago now - and from my experience, quitting pot is mentally way more difficult (especially that anxiety you feel if you know you re not gonna get high, not gonna sleep etc..).

Physically on the other hand, tobacco is harder as i found myself quite hectic not to have something to do with my fingers, so it made me eating all the time to make up for the withdrawal.

There s been tons of comparative studies made on assessing the impact of one or the other on lungs, but it s unconclusive - the threat mostly has to do with how/how much ones smokes.

Hope this helps
Gitana

Likes Received: 33

Postby Bagobones » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 am

I did both. Previous years I was unsuccessful quitting cigarettes and continue smoking weed. I mixed the two.. Then I stopped both cold turkey, and that worked.

They are so different beasts that I dont think its worth to compare who is easiest to quit. Cigarettes has a more addictive feeling to them. Weed I found have a much more psychological addiction feeling to it. Example, when I smoked, if I fly from here to Tokyo, I will be under no smoking areas for about 20 hours if its some changing flights. It would be uncomfortable for me because I cant smoke tobacco, but weed I will not think about or struggle with during those 20 hours...

Any smoke you suck down your lungs is dangerous for you.. Quitting weed can last much longer. for me my brain was rewiring for a long time, while cigarettes I was over in like 3 weeks.. But I have talked to people who had the opposite reaction. Cigarettes they felt for years and weed was over in a week...
Bagobones

Likes Received: 27

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 am

Many years ago I was making a joint in the Dam. I used tobacco as per and this old Dutch guy said to me that I shouldn't do it that way. We got in to a conversation and he reckoned pure weed opens up your lungs because the particles are smaller than tobacco so pass through the king membranes easier. The bigger tobacco one's didn't, hence blocking them and creating the breathing problems long term... made sense at the time but we weren't designed to inhale smoke I guess.
tokeless

Likes Received: 182

Postby InkChalk » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:51 pm

I find cigs easier to quit. I'm feel the withdrawls directly attach to the action of smoking tobacco. When feeling withdrawal symptoms, i know it was caused by the tobacco; and it makes me want it less.
Clenched jaw, and cravings feel more direct to the feelings tobacco provides.

While weed i a bit more elusive, it kinda blends into a habit lifestyle things. I find it much harder to quit. PAWS carry over much longer period of time, and its hard to get to the point of "oh i don't want to go through that again"
InkChalk

Likes Received: 4