Weed free Me is the way to be.

Postby PotFreeMe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:37 pm

After 8 years of chronic smoking I have finally quit the habit.

No more feeling like I need weed to go about my daily life, no more anxiety about having no weed.

I feel free from the grip that weed had on my life.
Finally I got my self back, my moods have lifted and I don't feel any paranoia or anxiety which was getting worse with each week of smoking. No more pain in my chest or excessive rambling to my girlfriend. I am finally in control of my life and with 33 days in to my weed free life there is no going back.

I feel that if I was to even smoke one joint again it would put me back into the viscous cycle of smoking to fill a void that isn't even there today for me. It's not a good idea and I've turned down countless offers to get high as I know how proud I am of being weed free and how beneficial it is to my life. It's not easy having friends who are yet to break the habit but it just reminds you of how strong willed you are when you say no to them.

The road ahead will be rocky but I no longer need weed as a crutch in my life, all I need is someone to talk to and a positive outlook to life. Ive had texts from dealers and each time I do I go to websites like this to remind me of why it's not necessary to smoke and how beneficial it is for me to be weed free.

My mood swings have gone and that nasty side to me has disappeared, I am not 'two people' any more like people used to say to me. I am me and I have my clarity of mind back and I'm able to sleep better and have the most amazing dreams. My memory is back to stay as it has improved incredibly, no more excessive worrying and my anxiety of hiding my weed use is gone too. My breathing has gotten better, no more pains in my chest, no more excessive shaking or anxiety attacks. No more accidents when cooking haha and my body feels much lighter and it's easier to do things now. I am getting my strength back with each day and I feel like I can live my life the way I want to. One thing a lot of people feel is like when they stop weed they think they have no sense of direction in life.. this is because weed hides your urge to shape a direction in life for yourself. Use it to your advantage and plan holidays with the money you have saved and think of what you can do now that you are free from weed. For me it'll be working out, martial arts, song writing and looking at courses that will benefit me for my future.

We can do this together. I'm here for each and every one of you as people from this forum and others have helped me.

Feel free to post below your experiences with quiting weed or any other substances.

Thanks for reading :)

Cameron, 23, Scotland
Likes Received: 6

Postby FreddyS » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Good on ya mate!
I'm currently trying to quit by gradually cutting down, and it certainly helps to read positive stories like yours.
Big up!
Likes Received: 3

Postby naturegirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:11 pm

What an inspirational post! I am really proud of you. Keep it up. It is so hard when you are in a circle of friends who continue to smoke. I am so mad for quitting my short streak. Now, I need to get strong and say no. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for writing and sharing your experience with the world. Very cool
Likes Received: 42

Postby Aaronski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 pm

You the f'in man keep it up im right behind you bro stay strong
Likes Received: 0

Postby gsaint28 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 am

Happy for you, mate. A path altering choice, for sure. I invite you to be a voice of support and guidance for people who are in the midst of their own battles, here on the forum.

For some people it takes 100 attempts to quit before the light bulb goes on. For others, just one.

Regardless, it is that ONE time, where the relationship to smoking is done forever.

Again, happy for you
Likes Received: 42

Postby mrprankies » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:54 am

Awesome work, man. I had my first dream in over a decade just the other night, and when I woke I had the mental clarity to actually *think* about the dream and enjoy its absurdity. There are so many other benefits to quitting, but I really related to that part of your story. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on lifting the fog.
Likes Received: 10