Trying again...

Postby Roses » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Today is 420 which I completely forgot since I smoke everyday anyways. I have been trying to convince myself to quit for so long but every time I find a reason to smoke. Every time I smoke after making the decision to quit I would feel so guilty and telling myself I need to stop. Sometimes I find myself smoking and I don't even remember when I picked it up. It has become a very bad habit that I need to break. I use to think I was too strong-minded for addictions but here I am years in and I can't seem to make it recreational. I don't want to quit forever but I would like for it to be something I do on occasions but not an everyday occurrence.

Today I decided out of the blue to quit and again, not for good, but I need a break so that i can actually get some stuff done and lose some weight. I am not big by all means but I know I can be thinner without the munchies. Right now as I am writing this my heart is racing like mad. I use to think that smoking helps with my anxiety but it looks like it makes it worst. I am scared as hell of how I will survive tonight without smoking. Parts of the reason I've gone back in the past is because I can't seem to fall asleep sober. I am not a talker and do not like people knowing how I feel or what is going on with me and so I struggle with this internally. I am realizing now that I need to talk about it if I am to make a go at it. So here I am talking about it with all of you.

Anyone that is going through the similar situation? How are you coping especially during the first few weeks? It has been a few hours and I am at work so no problem but when I get home I know it will be really hard.
Roses

Likes Received: 0

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 am

For what it's worth, I'm almost at the 3 month mark of quitting weed. Won't lie. The past two months were difficult. The first few weeks were the worst. I'm still not 100%. But I am better than I was at the beginning of my quit. Lots of improvement to go. But improvement had been made. It'll be tough but you must dedicate yourself to it. This forum will be a big help. Vent and rant to your heart's content. Best of luck and keep us uo to date on your progress.
DaWickerMan777

Likes Received: 20

Return to Addictions