Friends of opposite sex and kids

Postby WannaSurvive » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 pm

So, per my long prior posts, I was looking for some insight and not sure where this post belongs.

I have a child with my soon to be ex and have friends of the opposite sex. She explained that she does not want them around our child because it's like "being in a relationship and could damage him" which I don't agree with. There's no physical contact and they want to visit and see my son. Has anyone been through this and offer some insight? To me, the more interaction my kid has the better, he is a year old. While he is still young, I want to think this will help him with socialization and he isn't seeing me do anything improper.
WannaSurvive

Likes Received: 5

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:59 pm

There is no issue with a one year old child being around both genders. Only being exposed to one gender would actually most likely be more detrimental.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 914

Postby tokeless » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:26 am

Sounds to me more about control by your ex. She's trying to dictate how things will be because she may feel threatend by the other females being around? There's no reason I can see why it could in anyway be detrimental. What will happen if she has males around? It'll be different then because it's her friends.
I'm afraid control is something you may have to deal with. My ex was very controlling when he was young and it's frustrating to say the least. All I can advise is to just be a great dad. Put your focus on the child's needs and deal with your own.. the grip of power gets less as they become more independent. Always remember you're his dad.. that's a FACT and there's nothing that can change that. If she plays games, don't rise to them. Good luck and best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 182