Quitting weed after 20 years

Postby sawyers74 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:03 am

So it's about day 5 or 6. Went through the sweating and freezing back and forth. What should I expect next. No hunger for food but make myself eat anyways. No cravings for weed. I'm 43yr. Old woman and have been smoking weed since she 25. Everyday for past 10 years.
sawyers74

Likes Received: 1

Postby Quinnster » Tue May 30, 2017 2:31 am

You might experience problems sleeping. That can last a while. Maybe a few weeks or longer for some. I know the first few days were hard, but then I experienced a few weeks where I felt great. That ended and since then it is a slow climb where I feel better each week, but it only seems noticeable when I am reviewing it in comparison to the month before. I am at about 100 days. Life is good, much better than a month ago, but I know I'm not 100% yet. Many on here say it takes a year. Just trying to prepare you.
Quinnster

Likes Received: 17

Postby cleanofgreen » Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Sawyers74.

Well done on the quit, and welcome to the forum. I also smoked for over 20 years and am now over 8 months clean, so it can be done. I wasn't easy but at this stage I don't think of it anymore and feel great. As quinnster said the first 2 weeks are rough and then you feel great for another few weeks and then if PAWS hit you you'll feel rough for anywhere from 2 months to 6 months but getting better each month. It's better to know about PAWS in case it hits you so that you know whats going on. You can read up on it here http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=104580.

I wish you all the best in your quit.
Good Luck and Stay Strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 73

Postby sawyers74 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks you. Did have sleep problem waking up every couple hours. Didn't know that it would last that long. I have been struggling with my ptsd but I am determined to stay clean. Have taken myself off all my meds 3 months ago due to all the side effects. Just have a few ativan to take if I get too bad but don't want to take it unless I become too stressed. Friend is helping me to get counsellor to come. I have a dog so he helps keep me busy. Another reason to get clean. He is 8lb Chihuahua little lungs and not good for him to breathe in the smoke.
sawyers74

Postby sawyers74 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:59 am

Also dealing with moving away from my town due to all the killings in neighborhood. In past month 2 deaths and multiple shootings all around my street. Not feeling safe. Hopefully the apt will go through.
sawyers74

Postby Quinnster » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 am

Hi Sawyers, try to keep yourself busy. It helps! Exercise is a big help too. I don't think about smoking weed much right now, but I dwell on life without weed a little more on weekends and down time. I do worry that you might have issues with coming off the other medications. Are you consulting with anyone on this?
Quinnster

Likes Received: 17

Postby sawyers74 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 am

I have an amazing friend helping me.
sawyers74

Postby Swim75 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Sleep will be lousy for a while..just part of the process.i did a lot did a lot of swimming when i first quit.good luck...
Swim75

Likes Received: 7

Postby naturegirl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:15 am

sawyers74, wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on in your world. What a brave and awesome step for you to take! Keep writing and sharing your thoughts. It's going to take time. It will be three weeks for me this Sunday. I've been smoking for 30 or so years. It's such a hard habit to break, but it feels good to try to become a better and stronger person. I'm glad that you have a good friend for support, and our furry family is the best to have. I just wanted to say congratulations and keep in touch. The sleep thing is a tough one. A friend had suggested drinking chamomile tea in the evening and I like that as a new routine. I think it's important to find a new routine in life that is different from your smoking life. It seems to help. Big hugs to you and stay strong!
naturegirl

Likes Received: 41

Postby lag » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:44 am

Unfortunately you have been wrestling with your imagination, cannabis is non toxic and completely addiction free. SIMPLE, if you can't sleep without it, then take it and sleep, or don't sleep. These are your 2 simple options.
Some, many do actually suffer withdrawals, but if this is the case I would suggest you give up tobacco, surely commonsense and common decency would guide you not to add poison to beneficial medicine.
My mind boggles that a person could be so misinformed. Tobacco is the cruelist poison torture enslaverof man known to man, devised by wicked men who supply it legally at great profit, promoted as wonderful and charasmatic by the greed of devils in power, you could liken it to the tree of DEATH sponsored by the devils themselves
Hemp on the other hand is the opposite. A gift of God, a tree of life, defamed by the greed of devils in power
On the other hand many people smoke way more than they normally would simply because they need the addictive tobacco, the only benefit is they are not high all day on baccowunna, a horribly expensive and destructive waste of life, unfortunately your health will continue to decline and you will need doctor drugs to sleep or treat the ailment that cannabis so naturally cures.
There are actually herbal and medical remedies for giving up tobacco, the natural herbal remedy works for most people efficiently and quickly without withdrawel or discomfort, or see your doctor for a conventional method of quitting, but expect discomfort withdrawels which will be drawn out probably for the rest of your life at great expense, most people fail, however if you manage you may well find you are better off smokingthan suffering the horrid urges to smoke. I'd advise the quick simple natural alternatives, they are cheap and are always available to fall back on in case of a lapse.
Once free from the enslaving poison you will find hemp way more potent and efficient, you will have the freedom to use it on a need need basis or just for fun when YOU want to.
Its good to be free and nothing beats that feeling if formerly you were a slave, you may even choose not to use it simply because you don't want to, CHOICE its your right,
lag

Likes Received: 0

Postby lag » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Quinnster wrote:Hi Sawyers, try to keep yourself busy. It helps! Exercise is a big help too. I don't think about smoking weed much right now, but I dwell on life without weed a little more on weekends and down time. I do worry that you might have issues with coming off the other medications. Are you consulting with anyone on this?

Forget weed, quit cigarettes and live free
lag

Postby lag » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:32 pm

sawyers74 wrote:So it's about day 5 or 6. Went through the sweating and freezing back and forth. What should I expect next. No hunger for food but make myself eat anyways. No cravings for weed. I'm 43yr. Old woman and have been smoking weed since she 25. Everyday for past 10 years.

Mmm, baccawuna, I'd suggest give up cigarettes then you will have the freedom to use the absolutely non toxic non addictive cannabis as need be or not at all,
lag

Postby lag » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Unfortunately you all seem be wrestling with your imagination, cannabis is non toxic and completely addiction free. SIMPLE, if you can't sleep without it, then take it and sleep, or don't sleep. These are your 2 simple options. sleep or stay up
Some, many do actually suffer withdrawals, but if this is the case I would suggest you give up tobacco, surely commonsense and common decency would guide you not to add poison to a beneficial medicine.
My mind boggles that a person could be so misinformed. Had Hitler succeeded we'd be tobacco free. Tobacco is the cruelest poison torture enslaver of man known to man, devised by the wicked who supply it legally at great profit, enslaving the fool and making the king rich is its only purpose, or do you know any further benefit??? Mmmm, natives used it as a poison to kill people in their blow darts, it was a very effective killer, but i think that sums up the benefits. Its promoted as wonderful and charasmatic, by the greed of men in power, you could liken it to the tree of DEATH sponsored by the good hearted themselves
Hemp on the other hand is the opposite. A gift of God, a tree of life, defamed by the kindness of those in authority and yourselves based on ignorance and your lack of being responsible.
On the other hand many people smoke way more than they normally would simply because they need the addictive tobacco, the only benefit is they are not high all day on baccowunna, a horribly expensive and destructive waste of life, unfortunately your health will continue to decline and you will need doctor drugs to sleep or treat the ailment that cannabis so naturally cures.
There are actually herbal and medical remedies for giving up tobacco, the natural herbal remedy works for most people efficiently and quickly without withdrawel or discomfort, or see your doctor for a conventional method of quitting, but expect discomfort withdrawels which will be drawn out probably for the rest of your life at great expense, most people fail, however if you manage you may well find you are better off smoking tobacco than suffering the horrid urges to smoke it. I'd advise the quick simple natural alternatives, they are cheap and are always available to fall back on in case of a lapse.
Once free from the enslaving poison you will find hemp way more potent and efficient, you will have the freedom to use it on a need need basis or just for fun when YOU want to.
Its good to be free and nothing beats that feeling if formerly you were a slave, you may even choose not to use it simply because you don't want to, CHOICE its your right,
If you insisist on submitting to the king of addiction, make THE decision to never mix the two
If you want to submit to the enslaving task master king don't step on the queen of grace the gift of GOD blaming her due to spineless will and an idiot decision on your part. Figuratively speaking [satan,santa,devil dont exist] BUT.. would you roll jesus with the devil together?,
lag

Postby RiF » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Lag, you are right about tobacco, you are wrong about cannabis. Weed has the potential to ruin lives, especially in teenagers where it zaps motivation and zest for life. I used to think the same as you, so assume we are just at different stages of our journeys.

I am 5 months clean after a 25 year habit. I regret wasting so much of my life being stoned, but appreciate my ever improving life and clearing mind. I regret being emotially and mentally detached from my family and friends for so long. I regret wasting so much of my energy on finding excuses to get stoned.

Good luck with your journey, i am very confident that weed will catch up with you eventually.
RiF

Likes Received: 14

Postby lag » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:33 am

What is weed? a deadly concoction of tobacco mixed in with the sacred, of course it has potential of wasting lives.
Drug abuse ruins lives and the only way it is used is abused. Tobacco has no other use, every puff is abused, you are smoking an addictive poison who's only benefit is your ill health, of course baccawuna will demotivate you, people don't smoke baccawuna to get high, they smoke it out of addiction, any benefit is greatly dimminished, the addiction is similar to a heroin addict but way worse.
I know of NO case where people have gone through the hellish tortures you people speak of trying to give up, you are describing tobacco withdrawal, unfortunately chronic cases as these never go away, you will always crave a little hemp in your tobacco.
solution... give up weed, tobacco is the weed and is the willful killer of everything, it is a tree of DEATH.
Your only problem is you cant smoke cannabis without that highly addictive weed, great you are cannabis free, safe from the many benefits, but still chain smoking cigarettes.
Hemp without tobacco=no addiction, you choose.
If I am wrong its because I don't consider a smoker of baccawuna a responsible user a cannabis.
I don't believe anyone can smoke tobacco responsively.
I know no one that smokes cannabis out of addiction or irresponsibly.

I don't believe it is responsible to sell tobacco, and I think smoking it sets a bad example and until you give that up you have accomplished nothing but setting a bad example for your grand children and future generations.
Give up tobacco problem over, ITS THAT SIMPLE
You may need help giving up tobacco, but you probably prefer to blame one and cling to your problem till death do you part, thats the other solution
2 solutions
1. Say NO to poisonous addictive drug
2. Die
I could be wrong and the FDA and world governments could be right, if tobacco was poisonous the FDA would not allow it.
If it was deadly and addictive it would be scheduled as more dangerous than any illegal drug.
Sorry keep smoking enjoy, tobacco, researches are still determined to find the benefit of tobacco, just another way of causing cost and benefit to the researches of futility.
Google.... smoke up your backside, yep gov drs are desperate to find a benefit, but people got bowel cancer, now they are experimenting on animals by injecting it into the brain, theoretically avoiding addiction
Who am I to question your guadians an advisors
lag

Next