Starting my detox after 2-3 year of smoking everyday

Postby Babybutcher23 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:09 am

Hello all. Here's a little backstory. I'm turning 20 next month and have been smoking for about 3-3.5 years and about 2.5 everyday. I've enjoyed life and am working for my family business while deciding what lies ahead. I've got a world of choices and a fallback. I'm in such an open position with life at my fingertips. I and so thankful and try to remind myself how privileged I am all the time. The last month or 2 I've had feelings hard to describe. But people here have described feelings so relateable. It's different for me where I don't find it's DIRECTLY associated with marijuana. I don't smoke and get instant anxiety. I feel good and get my high for a bit but I'm almost getting short term withdrawals. Not physically but I'll put myself into a mental spiral downward and just feel so disconnected. Even while reminding myself this is all in my head I will be ok, focussing on my breathing, and my body to clear my head. all the normal stuff you would with anxiety and panic attacks (which I've never really experienced, let alone to this extent) and the last week has been tough. Today I told myself I wasn't blazing. Spent my whole day off at home and did cleaning and tried to keep myself occupied. I gave in.. I felt good for a while but eventually went right back down in that hole. This is it. I told my stoner friends am prepared for this long journey up the mountain. But with the help of seeing other people on this blog and their progress, and the motivation of not wanting to feel like this and reminding myself what it feels like I'm ready. I will probably be on a lot in the next couple days, just spewing what's going on in my brain when I feel others wouldn't understand. Thank you guys so much and for all of you doing this as well. GOOD LUCK AND WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER ❤️
Babybutcher23

Likes Received: 2

Postby cleanofgreen » Tue May 30, 2017 9:15 am

Hi Babybutcher23
It's great to see the younger one's getting clean early on in life. Your life will be so much better without weed and the possibilities will be endless without it sucking all the life out of you little by little, until you wake up and you find yourself in your 40's saying to your self how did I leave that happen to me. Trust me it's not worth loosing years of your life to this plant. Some can smoke recreation-ally but I haven't meet many mind you, and once it becomes a daily thing it steals your life away gradually in every area, financial, relationships, personal development, career etc.

Being thankful for your privileges in life speaks volumes of the type of person you are and I have no doubt that you will push through the cravings and come out the other side a stronger and better person.

You can do it, Stay Strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 72

Postby Babybutcher23 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Hey guys! Just a little update. I'm on day 3 now and the days have felt quite long. I remember when I was younger sometimes I'd feel my brain would race and be tough to control. Clearly weed helped that. My brain just seems to race majority of the time. I've done lots of reading and tried lots of mindful meditation to get me in the moment. While it works to a degree my brain could still be thinking about like 5 different things. I've been trying to work but dragging myself in a little late. I got some vitamin b complex try to help balance and hopefully boost my b12 and natural melatonin and seratonin. Very little appetite but have been trying to eat. I got all the good stuff. Veggies bananas whole grain oatmeal cranberry juice, and have walked around with a bottle of water the whole past three days. Last night went well for sleep in the sense I only woke up once or twice. I woke up at 4-5 and wanted to get some more sleep cause I knew I could. But I would doze off and wake up every ten minutes. Until 8-9 o clock... But ****. I feel I didn't sleep at all. No energy no motivation and the day feels like it will be that much longer. I went to my local pool and did swimming sauna and hot tub and cycled that and it felt pretty great when I was there. I still kinda had that groggyness but it felt like where I was most comfortable. I told myself the last to mornings I was gonna do a bit of a workout as well or hop on a bicycle but just felt nauseous and lethargic after work but I will see how I feel today. I've been reminding myself it gets better and better and I know it will. Just these first few days feel like weeks. It's nice to get be able to just spew on here. I just hope I can feel rested in the next couple days which I know may be doubtful as sleep seems to be one of the lingering problems for most. I've gotten a couple books I'm trying to read before bed so hopefully that's helping. Like i said I was pleased with how much I slept through the night, but just don't feel rested. I must not have gotten into a very deep sleep. The other big one is just figuring out who I am essentially. Ive always had troubles making decisions and deciding what i want for myself. So this will be another part of this journey. I only really know the pot me. Im gonna be changing the way i think and finding who i am and what i enjoy. I should be excited but I am a little nervous as to how much my life may change. Anywaysss thanks for hearing me out forum :) we'll connect in the next couple days
Babybutcher23

Postby Babybutcher23 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I've also got a doctors appointment Monday so that should be good as I can put everything out in the table. My moms had problems with anxiety and not being able to shut off her brain at times but not until later now that she's 40. So maybe this is a problem that weed just accelerated but I feel I'm getting used to anxiety and feeling kind of uncomfortable. I'm determined to push through but look forward to seeing what my doctor has to say
Babybutcher23

Return to Addictions