Day 4 of my third attempt to stop using MJ

Postby Jonok1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:33 am

At 50 I am embarrassed to admit I'm struggling to give up weed, I started using it about 12 years ago, like most people it seemed be great to start with, lots of laughs and no hangovers!
When I started using I was a heavy tobacco smoker, always hand rolled. With the help of a fantastic book I managed to give up smoking tobacco three years ago but am struggling with Weed. To avoid nicotine I have been smoking blunts and getting through 1/2 oz a week.
Recently I've been feeling very low and have been experiencing pain in my legs, not sure if the pain has any connection to Weed but I've had enough of sneaking about smoking the stuff so feel it's time to quit.
It's proving more difficult than I thought but this forum is helping. The feelings of depression are awful, not sure how long they last? Reading through the posts I'm not alone.....
Jonok1

Likes Received: 1

Postby cleanofgreen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi Jonok1
Welcome to the forum.
I gave up 9 months ago after 24 years of use, the last few years everyday. It's going to be tough after 1/2 oz a week habit but well worth it to get your life back. Try keep yourself busy for the next few months, exercise daily, omega 3, B-complex vitamins, and read through some of the long time quitters threads when feeling down.

Good Luck and Stay Strong
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 73

Postby Miraculous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Hope you are hanging in there! I'm on day two, slipped after six days clean last week. I was a cigarette smoker as well and identify with just plain wanting to smoke - anything! I actually liked weak weed so I could indulge in smoking more without getting too high! Actually, these last few years, I don't even get high from weed, I just get numb, dumb and pass out! It does nothing for me anymore - just a habit, plan and simple. The ritual and the hit to the lungs is what I was chasing. I so hope I'm done! After decades of being foggy brained - I'm so done! I'm actually older than you - enough is enough - right?
Miraculous

Likes Received: 43

Postby Gitana » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks for sharing your experience Jonok1 - quitting the high grade weed is definitely no joke - welcome to the roller coaster! However the benefits on one s life are real and are worth the ride in my opinion - i smoked for longer yet for the same reasons, and the habit had been hard to quit. It took several attempts, but the good one happened only when i was mentally ready for it. You managed to overcome tobacco, that s not a small feat! If this is really what you want, i think you ll be quickly fine with quitting the weed - yes it s depressing, but it has its perks too (Hello dreams! Willpower! Wallet! Senses!) I wont pretend i liked the past 4 months, but i cant deny that i m becoming happy with the place i m in at the moment. I kept on reporting here, even sparsely, cause it made me accountable..
Gitana

Likes Received: 33

Postby Jonok1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:59 pm

It's really helping me knowing that there are others going through the same, I'm still off it, one benefit I have noticed straight away is just how much I have been doing. Lots of jobs I've been meaning to do for ages are suddenly getting done! I still feel foggy headed and find that I'm feeling anxious first thing in the morning but am hoping that will improve over time. I'm finding walking is helping keep me motivated.
Thankyou for the replys so helpful.
Jonok1

Postby Jonok1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:54 am

Miraculous how are you doing? I'm still keeping clean but have had little sleep and have been so tempted I can't tell you! I get to sleep ok but wake at 4am and can't get back off !
Also getting anger problems... yesterday was terrible. This forum is helping me a lot, hope to start feeling some benefits soon.... hope you are staying strong?
Jonok1

Postby Gitana » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:27 am

Jonok, i hear you about anger issue - after about 20 weeks can i only and finally go through my day without freaking out for nothing - seriously, i thought it d never come! I ve heard breathing could come in handy though, have fun..
Gitana

Likes Received: 33

Postby Miraculous » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for asking Jonok. I haven't put any time together yet, but I keep trying. After ten days, I broke down and bought some, but I tossed it yesterday - gonna try again! I need to write out all my reasons to quit again and cement them on my damaged frontal lobe. Sometimes I think it will be impossible for an old hippy like me to quit but I'm determined to prove myself wrong. Thanks for being here. Your support is so valuable!
Miraculous

Postby Jonok1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:49 am

Your not alone, I got very low yesterday and caved too, I've been suffering a lot with anxiety and been loosing it over silly stuff. My kids are home for the summer and I don't want to be upsetting them by being so up and down. Perhaps it's not the right time for me either... I'm feeling so annoyed with myself right now. Just not sure what to do.
Jonok1

Postby Miraculous » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:36 pm

There will never be a good time to quit so I'm going to keep trying! A friend suggested marijuana anon group so as much as I hate meetings, I'm going to give that a go. I need all the support and focus I can get! I happened to have a workbook for the twelve steps and I'm reading some of that timeless, tried and true wisdom. And checking in here, as embarrassing as my slips are. I have 24 hours clean but, btw, today is a great quit date 1-7-17! Keep in touch - don't get discouraged - please don't give up and never quit quitting! One of these days it will stick! I can't wait to have all this nasty thc out of my system!
Miraculous

Postby Jonok1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Good luck I hope you keep off the sh**! I'm feeling so bloody annoyed with myself. I am so tired of doing this stuff but struggle so much to stop.
I gave up smoking tobacco several years ago, somehow this seems so much harder to cut out.
I hope I can stop as I've waisted a lot of my life stoned. All the best.
Jonok1

Postby Miraculous » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:59 pm

How are you doing jonok? I thought I would lose my mind last night. I was so antsy and my legs ached and I was just climbing The walls. I was even craving cigarettes though I quit six months ago. I don't know if I'm cut out to be addiction free lol, but will keep trying! I went to a 12 step meeting and I'm trying to work the steps let's see if that helps. Let me know how you're doing!
Miraculous

Postby Jonok1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 am

Miraculous I hope your sticking in there and haven't caved in. I'm feeling very upset that I've caved in, only had one yesterday, it made me feel awful! Not even enjoying the sensation now, still desperately want to stop but not sure if my head is in the right place yet? My daughter is due home this week, she has been travelling, great girl who has just qualified as a doctor. Don't want her to know she has a stoner for a dad so need to find a way out of this addiction. Wish I'd never tried the stuff to be honest. I hope you got some sleep and steered clear! What are the twelve steps?
I
Jonok1