5 months need some hope

Postby CKD8323 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm

I would really love to hear from people who are further along then me. Things have been really tough these past few weeks and it feels like I'm getting worse than I've been in a long time. Today out of the blue I woke up and felt like I was having something kinda like a panic attack but I haven't had one of those in months. I just feel like I should be getting better. I've had some pretty good days here and there but it's been so sporadic I never know what to expect. Is this normal to be feeling so terrible at 5 months. Please any advice would be appreciated
CKD8323

Likes Received: 1

Postby tokeless » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi... i think you need to filter what you're feeling and maybe ask why would this be weed related and not something else? I think we attribute everything to weed and stopping its use.... if we have cravings or uncertainty we can feel anxious.. 5 months is great but out of a lifetime can feel like nothing and this is when the 'never again' feeling can seem overwhelming... I'm not suggesting this is you but you are also not weed so other things may be what's causing your current feelings.
tokeless

Likes Received: 180

Postby slick_willy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Congrats on five months man. When I was at five months was about the worst of it... my gf left me and I was using benzos to cope with the anxiety. Around at that time I quit using the benzos and went on a low dose antidepressant and it has helped a lotm. I am at 15 months now and am way better off than I was then, although I don't know if it's from the extra time or from the antidepressant. I do know that we get better with time, and you are right about where things start to turn around for most people. Honestly at this point I don't think about paws much but have moved on to other addictions I want to quit (which is coffee right now and eventually try getting off the meds.) Best of luck to you man, hang in there cuz it does get easier
slick_willy

Likes Received: 53

Postby CKD8323 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Slick I would love to PM I could really use it as of now but can't private message because I haven't been on long enough. Could we email?
CKD8323

Postby Antmorales16 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:56 am

Trust me man. I felt the same way, the anxiety gets better. I never thought I would feel better. I'm at 6 and half months and at 6 months it gets better. Just try to excersise and keep the mind busy. Don't get me wrong, I still have bothering thoughts and I'm not where I wanna be yet. But man it really does get better. You'll get there. Just try to get on with life as much possible. Like you said you've had some good days and momments. That's a sign. Just learn to fill the void. I still feel mentally slow.. Slow thinking, negative thinking , physical anxiety symptoms..etc.. But with time it gets better. A year from now you will feel much better. I smoked for 3 years and quit due to massive anxiety. But the more you live with the anxiety the more it dissapeares. Learn to accept the anxiety. It's not easy I know, but with time it gets better. Honestly. Never thought I would say it. Like I said I still struggle.
Antmorales16

Likes Received: 8

Postby Antmorales16 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:11 am

I smoked for 3 years also
Antmorales16

Likes Received: 8

Postby Neveragain420 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:07 pm

I hear you man. I'm at 3 and a half months and seem to be as bad as I've been. Constant anxiety, stomach turning, muscle tension and pain. The only hope I have is this forum and reading other's recovery stories that have come before us. You're at 5 months though, so I think you're close to a breakthrough! Keep the faith and keep fighting! Exercise, sauna, vitamin supplements, prayer, will get you through. It's a battle we must win, there is only failure if we turn back.
Neveragain420

Postby CKD8323 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 pm

@antmorales do you ever feel like exercise can ramp up anxiety. As of now I can really only go for hikes with small hills. Some days my body seems to handle the stress well and others seems to give me that slight panic feeling which if left unchecked can get me to a bad place.
CKD8323

Postby hope1995 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:23 am

Good day brothers and sisters
I've bee n a heavy smoker of weed for about
2 years I stopped well not c a use I wanted to but I felt numberness in my legs one day at work and ca use I was always smoking on an empty stomach I thought I had stomach cancer there and then and cause I had previously just read a sh** load about itand the ssymptoms where there , I've been. To the doctors ab out 20 Times in thelast 3 weeks I always feel like tthere's something there even tho the doctors have cleared me with all blood tests
just want to knoe does anyone else feel liketthey're food is not going to they're stomach , blurry visions , burping out everything they eat feeling like they're during , i wish everyone well with they're recovery and let's all stick strong and work through this together cause **** honestly wasint feeling to well b efore I joined this forum ay all the b eat team
hope1995

Likes Received: 0

Postby CKD8323 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who posted a response, I really hope and with the best for all of us
CKD8323