Quitting weed journal

Postby George from UK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi folks

I think i'm gonna get a drink of alcohol. I'm sat here alone feeling a bit of despair. Don't wanna get weed so i feel like a few drinks is all iv'e got at the moment. Hopefully i can stop drinking one day i just feel like i need something to get me through.

I'm lonely and bored. What do you all think?

Thanks
George from UK

Likes Received: 7

Postby ScottMoore » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 pm

My pappy used to say "Drink to feel good, never to feel better"
ScottMoore

Likes Received: 43

Postby George from UK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:25 pm

ScottMoore wrote:My pappy used to say "Drink to feel good, never to feel better"

Hi Scott,

That's good advice, however, i didn't take it this time. Just been to the shop for beer and whiskey. better than turning back to weed at the moment. Until i can stop drinking also

Thanks
George from UK

Postby Straight up menace » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Hello again

I'd just like to say I'm totally with you on the alcohol thing boys my best friend gave up weed & started drinking & now he's a full blown alcoholic & he's in a much worse place now than he ever was on the weed. So yes I totally agree you need to do your best & kick both of these habits, alcohol for me is the rout of all evil. George your defo on the right track with the whole lifting weights biking etc!! That helps me so much!! And the blowing your head off thing I'm with you on that bro!! Friday night & blowing my brains out seem like the easier option at the mo!!
But that's not an option so keep strong & keep going.
Straight up menace

Postby George from UK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Straight up menace wrote:Hello again

I'd just like to say I'm totally with you on the alcohol thing boys my best friend gave up weed & started drinking & now he's a full blown alcoholic & he's in a much worse place now than he ever was on the weed. So yes I totally agree you need to do your best & kick both of these habits, alcohol for me is the rout of all evil. George your defo on the right track with the whole lifting weights biking etc!! That helps me so much!! And the blowing your head off thing I'm with you on that bro!! Friday night & blowing my brains out seem like the easier option at the mo!!
But that's not an option so keep strong & keep going.

Hey S.U.M.

I hate to admit it but god... i feel so much relief after a couple of drinks already! I'm actually able to smile and laugh. i know it's a fals e chemical high but, i dunno?!

So sorry to hear about your best friend. What happened to him is acually a genuine fear of mine. I know this might not sit well with people here, but, why doesn't he just start smoking weed again instead of drinking? it is the less of two evils in the long run, surley?

Yes mate, friday night and suicide seems like an option to me too. But i have too much left yet to give to commit suicide. If i was typing this at 60 years old... Well. You mighjt not have ever known me, lets put it that way , heh.

You ok mate? hope you are. Talk to me anytime. I'l always reply asap!!!

George
George from UK

Postby Straight up menace » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi George,

Thanks for the concern mate but yeah I'm okay & likewise if you need to talk I'll reply asap.

But look if having a drink has made you feel better then so be it I mean taking too much on all at once I think you've got more chance of failing so one step at a time.

As for my mate it's very complicated I've tried telling him that he'd be better off smoking but I think he's gone too far with the drink now he doesn't seem to listen or doesn't want too. But yes I agree he'd be much better off smoking he was a much nicer person to be around when he smoked.

So take it from me mate don't go down that rout!!

James
Straight up menace

Postby George from UK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:14 pm

DAY 0

Hello people

I screwed up last night after drinking a few. I ended up buying a bit of weed. After waking today and realising i flushed it down the toilet. So it was only a lapse as i'm not going to let it go into a full blown relapse.

Sorry everyone, i feel like i've let you all down. It's day 0 because i was smoking past midnight. Day 1 again tomorrow.

George
George from UK

Postby ScottMoore » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Maybe pappy was right
ScottMoore

Postby George from UK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:06 pm

ScottMoore wrote:Maybe pappy was right

I guess so
George from UK

Postby ScottMoore » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Don't take it to hard man, we all make mistakes.
ScottMoore

Postby George from UK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 pm

ScottMoore wrote:Don't take it to hard man, we all make mistakes.

Thanks mate
George from UK

Postby naturegirl » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:16 pm

George,
I see you're struggling, but you keep trying again and that's a good thing. Quitting pot is hard. I feel there's a person deep in your heart that wants to come out and then there's this other person that holds you back. Don't get down on yourself. Keep on trying and doing the best that you can. Changing a learned behavior is not easy. Take it one day at a time and don't focus on the big picture. Stay focused on the present and quit beating yourself up. You seem like a good person, and that's what matters in life.
naturegirl

Likes Received: 40

Postby George from UK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 pm

naturegirl wrote:George,
I see you're struggling, but you keep trying again and that's a good thing. Quitting pot is hard. I feel there's a person deep in your heart that wants to come out and then there's this other person that holds you back. Don't get down on yourself. Keep on trying and doing the best that you can. Changing a learned behavior is not easy. Take it one day at a time and don't focus on the big picture. Stay focused on the present and quit beating yourself up. You seem like a good person, and that's what matters in life.

Thankyou very much for the kind words, they brought a small tear to my currently over sensitive eyes, lol.
Hope you're doing well too? I'll never stop trying!

Your message is just the words i needed to hear tonight. Thankyou so much.

George
George from UK

Postby naturegirl » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Nice, George,
I'm glad I could say something to lift your spirits. That's the whole point of this site. It's not to punish people because they smoke. It's to encourage them to keep trying. Thanks for the thoughtful reply! See, you are a good person. I like that. We need more good people in this world.
naturegirl

Likes Received: 40

Postby Straight up menace » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Hey George,

Don't beat yourself up mate I've tried & failed so many times you just need to keep on trying, it's not easy it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do I've gave up a lot of things over the years but giving up weed just gets me every time. I'm some how hanging in there at the mo I'm on my 14th day & counting. You can do this mate!!
Straight up menace

PreviousNext