Quitting weed journal

Postby George from UK » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

So I've been smoking weed since i was 18. I'm now 38. I've quit a good few times before, for periods of around 3 to 5 months. I've currently been on a 2 month binge of daily smoking. I'm really ashamed... Ashamed is the main feeling i'm experiencing at the moment.

Anyway i'm not even on day one yet as i've still got weed left and i'm currently stoned typing this. I really look forward to giving and receiving support and advice on this forum. I intend to update this journal regularly.

Thanks for reading my introduction. Speak soon.

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7


#1

Postby JoeBloggs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Welcome George.
User avatar
JoeBloggs
Full Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:20 am
Likes Received: 38

#2

Postby George from UK » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Afternoon everyone.

So i'm currently on day 1 of my weed quit. I'm also quitting alcohol too, although this isn't as bigger deal for me as i'm not an alcoholic

Peace out

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#3

Postby naturegirl » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Good luck George! You can do it. Today, you are taking your first step. Stick with it. I know it's hard! Just wanted to give you a pat on the back.
naturegirl
Full Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:41 pm
Likes Received: 40

#4

Postby George from UK » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm so embarrassed to say i've slipped already and called my dealer. I feel so awefull today. I'll quit on wednesday when i can take some time off work and sleep and recover

Sorry people!
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#5

Postby George from UK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:15 pm

DAY 1

Hello, I'm on day 1 again

Hope you're all doing well?

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#6

Postby HungryGhost99 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello George,

I'm the same age as you. Also on Day 1.
Went 27 days on most recent quit attempt.
Let's do this together.
Write in your journal every day!

:)
HungryGhost99
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:47 pm
Likes Received: 26

#7

Postby George from UK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 pm

HungryGhost99 wrote:Hello George,

I'm the same age as you. Also on Day 1.
Went 27 days on most recent quit attempt.
Let's do this together.
Write in your journal every day!

:)


Hello HungryGhost99

Thanks for the reply. So you're 38 too? I agree, let's do this together. i will try to post everyday.

Looking forward to keepong up on your progress too. Congrates on day 1

Speak soon
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#8

Postby Straight up menace » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Hello people

Well I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd stick a post up as I'm also 38 & I've been a heavy weed smoker since the age of 18. I'm currently 12 days in to quitting & can honestly say it seems to be getting harder not easier I just feel so miserable & just wishing the days away, I associate everything with weed watching a film playing a computer game basically everything nothing seems right without it. I'm struggling to see light at the end of the tunnel at the mo it sucks!!
Straight up menace
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm
Likes Received: 7

#9

Postby George from UK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Straight up menace wrote:Hello people

Well I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd stick a post up as I'm also 38 & I've been a heavy weed smoker since the age of 18. I'm currently 12 days in to quitting & can honestly say it seems to be getting harder not easier I just feel so miserable & just wishing the days away, I associate everything with weed watching a film playing a computer game basically everything nothing seems right without it. I'm struggling to see light at the end of the tunnel at the mo it sucks!!



Hi there, mate.

It's really good to have People my own age to talk to on here. I also started smoking weed at 18. Since starting at 18 iv'e only ever had a few months off. Everytime i try and quit i get so lonely and disheartened. But then when i start smoking again everything in my life gets worse. Much worse never better. We're not getting any younger. And i've started to think if i don't get my life in order soon it will be too late!

Keep me updated, Straight up menace.

Speak soon

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#10

Postby George from UK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 am

DAY 2

Hello people.

So i'm on day 2 on my weed quit ( also quitting alcohol as this is a big trigger for me to smoke weed)

Anyway just a quick update. Hope you're all doing ok?

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#11

Postby Straight up menace » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 am

Hi George

First of all thanks for your reply. You sound like your in a very similar situation to me I get very lonely without the smoke too & very bored. Bed time is a big struggle for me at the mo I just ain't sleeping much at all & the more time I spend tossing & turning the more frustrated I become & all I wonna do is go get baked so I can finally get some sleep, but some how I've managed to just persevere because like you said if something doesn't change in my life now I feel like it's gonna be to late. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate if your trying to quit alcohol as well but you need to just focus on all the benefits that are to come, so keep strong!! Did you smoke cigarettes too or was it just joints?
Straight up menace
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm
Likes Received: 7

#12

Postby ScottMoore » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Straight up fist bump on the alcohol..

It's a humongous big deal just even realizing that it alters perception and triggers urges for pot. Most people don't get it.

Hats off
ScottMoore
Full Member
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:19 am
Likes Received: 43

#13

Postby George from UK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Straight up menace wrote:Hi George

First of all thanks for your reply. You sound like your in a very similar situation to me I get very lonely without the smoke too & very bored. Bed time is a big struggle for me at the mo I just ain't sleeping much at all & the more time I spend tossing & turning the more frustrated I become & all I wonna do is go get baked so I can finally get some sleep, but some how I've managed to just persevere because like you said if something doesn't change in my life now I feel like it's gonna be to late. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate if your trying to quit alcohol as well but you need to just focus on all the benefits that are to come, so keep strong!! Did you smoke cigarettes too or was it just joints?



Hi there s.u.m

I'm with you bro, i completly understand what you're going through, cos i'm going through it with you!
after iv'e got over the initial first days of bad sleep, depression, i'm gonna start exercising. Running, biking and lifting weights.

That will help me no end. Yes i still smoke cigarettes, do you?

This will never get easier with time at this point in my life. As i age, i feel it's gonna become impossible to live without weed.
we still have some time at this point. Not much time, but some. And definitely no more time to waste!

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7

#14

Postby George from UK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 pm

ScottMoore wrote:Straight up fist bump on the alcohol..

It's a humongous big deal just even realizing that it alters perception and triggers urges for pot. Most people don't get it.

Hats off



Fist bump right back at you mate!

Alcohol is no good for me. Not with my addictive personality. I may as well smoke weed if i'm gonna swap it for alcohol. Weed is much less of an evil!

Both are like a slow suicide for me at least. I may as well cut out the middle man and blow my head off if i carry on with any of the two.

George
George from UK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm
Likes Received: 7


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions