Ever Been On A Healing Diet? Looking To Inspire

Postby angelal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:23 pm

This could be anything. Vegan, clean-eating, including more fruits and veg. Has anyone ever done anything like this? If so, what were the benefits.
angelal

Likes Received: 2

Postby Grey_Vegan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 am

angelal wrote:This could be anything. Vegan, clean-eating, including more fruits and veg. Has anyone ever done anything like this? If so, what were the benefits.

Yeah, i was prediabetic a few years back. Dr. John McDougalls lectures got me interested in a High-Carb Low Fat Starch Based Vegan diet. I did over 1,200 hours of research on the subject. I literally changed everything in one night, stopped all animal products, caffeine, cacao, and chocolate. It reversed my prediabetic state in two weeks, and turned me into a 2:49 marathoner and 347watt/hr cyclist in two years.
Grey_Vegan

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 pm

That's very inspiring, Grey_Vegan. :D
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 230

Postby Grey_Vegan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:26 am

Candid wrote:That's very inspiring, Grey_Vegan. :D

Wait till you hear some of the stuff about water fasting. I still think its relatively too dangerous to personally mess with(not sure i could make it after my ana) but im glad others do, becuase its absolutely fascinating. Completely removes scar tissue for example.
Grey_Vegan

Postby Candid » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:56 am

I did a four-week water-only fast about 40 years ago. It was amazingly easy, and I continued going to work, sleeping like a baby. I have fantasies of doing it again, but I'm a lot more cautious now than I was at 19. Shame.

Other people get to you with unhelpful things like: "You've got anorexia" or "You have to eat".
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Grey_Vegan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 am

Candid wrote:I did a four-week water-only fast about 40 years ago. It was amazingly easy, and I continued going to work, sleeping like a baby. I have fantasies of doing it again, but I'm a lot more cautious now than I was at 19. Shame.

Other people get to you with unhelpful things like: "You've got anorexia" or "You have to eat".

Everyone in a 1st world economy has a real eating disorder, they just don't realize it yet.
Grey_Vegan

Postby Candid » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 am

You do go in for globalizing statements, don't you? Is that "everyone but me", hmm?

Have you travelled in any third-world countries? There's no upside to starvation.

We have plenty of choices these days. Smart people ignore whole aisles in the supermarket. A quick sugar hit carries too many health-destroying factors to be worthwhile.
Candid
MVP
MVP