forget before remember now

Postby reallyconfused » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:25 am

So.. I have no memory of me before 17..maybe one or two christmas memories, my father spanking me for coloring his car with permanent marker... later on, a family member...who is quite manipulative put disturbing things in my head and I used it to feed addiction. I got out of that cycle, and met someone. I started healing... I was short on money. I thought that I must have just an insane knack for forgetting things, because I messed up and right beforehand said to myself 'I can forget it if it gives me grief' this was literally the decision maker. But I can't. Why was it so easy to forget 17 years and impossible to forget this short period of time.

Hypnotherapy seems like a great option, I don't mind forgetting, someone mentioned that I could stick my hand in the pot again but then if I didn't know I'd done it before, then I wouldn't have the guilt anyways.. just another slew of hypnotherapy sessions..that coupled with intense psychotherapy to sort through the mess of my life so that it wouldnt happen again, right?
reallyconfused

Likes Received: 0