I want to quit smoking cannabis and need help

Postby bleudesauvage » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:10 am

Dear forum,

I take two untidepressants and also take Venvanse for ADD and I want to stop smoking but I don't know how to do it. I've been smoking marijuana everyday for almost 5 years now. I sord of stopped between the ages of 18 and 21. Before the age of 18 I smoked casualy, with friends, etc, and not everyday. After 22 was the time that in which I really started smoking everyday.

Last year I was studying for a big test that I was supposed to take and thought to myself: "Either I take the test, or smoke weed. I only can do one of them". Then I stopped smoking for 6 months and actually I went really great on the test, my life was very good without weed and just with my regular medications my doctor told me I should take. Althought I was feeling good, I actually missed the drug a little bit, but I knew that it was all for the best.

Januery this year I crashed my car and I was really stressed out, so for my bad luck I smoked again. And I know I shound't had done it, because I was planning to take another important test in July and needed to study and to have focus. After I smoked I didn't smoke again until 20 days later, then I started smoking every weekend. And the ice ball began to roll, you all know what I'm talking about.

My scoring on the July's test at college was awful... I missed questions that I knew, I didn't concentrate at all because the anxiety the weed gave me, even just smoking on weekends, was too terrible to take. I had studied, I knew what I had to knew for the test, and my perfomance was terrible. To summup, I failed on july because of weed, and I know it.

It's august already, I have another important test in october, november, december and january, and I'm smoking every single day and I don't know what to do. I have no motivation at all to study because of this thing and I don't know if I have the strenght to stop like I did last year, because in that time I was really motivated.

I exercice and I'm on a good diet. I feel like I can't resist the urge to smoke when the day gets dark. During the day I don't feel the need to smoke, but when it gets dark It's impossible to resist the impulse to smoke.

What should I do to get over this need? Please I need help
bleudesauvage

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:47 am

You know how to stop. All you have to do is stop thinking weed can manage your stress... it doesn't because it can't. Nothing changed other than your perception of the stress. The car still crashed and needed fixing. Did the weed do that? Manage your stress and try and challenge the beliefs that weed changes anything other than distracts your mind.
tokeless

Likes Received: 180

Postby awmm301116 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:55 am

Take one night off every 2 days, then increase that gap between smokes. Good luck.
awmm301116

Likes Received: 6

Postby bleudesauvage » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for your answer. Like I said, It's pretty difficult to resist the need to smoke at night... after 6pm. Almost irresistible. I don't know what to do when the need increases at that time...
bleudesauvage

Postby gsaint28 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:24 pm

Let your action be dictated by your commitment to not smoke.

Right now your action is dictated by the urges that arise.

Follow through, tonight. Do not smoke. And see what it takes in order for you to follow through.

And from there, your muscle of following through grows.

What you lack is integrity in your ability to not smoke when the urges arise.

It's okay. It happens.

Do whatever it takes to not smoke today. Cause you haven't exprienced your power over the urges in a long time it sounds like

There is no secret formula.

The urges to smoke after 6pm are a result of you allowing yourself to smoke after 6pm when the urges arise.

It's not weeds fault you can't follow through.

You caused this. Get yourself out.

Do not smoke. Period.
gsaint28

Likes Received: 42

Postby gsaint28 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:25 pm

Have a plan of attack. Don't just wait to see if you're gonna smoke or not.
gsaint28

Likes Received: 42

Postby bleudesauvage » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Yeah, I understand. But, for example, last year... I stopped smoking for 6 months and there was not a single day in which I did not miss this thing... Would you say even by the end of the year the side effects of the weed may have ended already? like anxiety, panic, lack of motivation and concentration??
bleudesauvage