Friend's Ex I never met, while still in relationship?

Postby whatamidoing » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:01 am

I've been in a relationship for almost 4 years (I'm 22) and I love him as a person. He's a great person and a great boyfriend, but not long-term. He's not ambitious, he's lazy, and he constantly breaks promises. We had problems since 6 months in, but now that I've graduated, these problems are serious. I don't have a problem spending every day with him, but I worry about in the future and what I might have to go through if I spend the rest of my life with him. I've talked to him so many times about it, begged him, argued with him, almost left him so many times. Recently (before my friend situation happened), he broke another promise and it really got to me because I've graduated and it was a real promise.

My friend's boyfriend broke up with her recently and she's been telling me all these things about why they broke up, and what he's like, and why it didn't work, and why she's sad. I hear her complaining and these issues are not a problem with me at all, and some of them are even admirable. They seemed to have fought a lot, and tbh, it seems like he had to put up with a lot and didn't end up until he couldn't handle it anymore. I ended up texting him because they were not on talking terms and I was trying to get them on good terms.

He is ambitious and he has good values. It seems like it's too good to be true since I'm merely learning about him through a friend. I ask about the problems she had with him, and vice versa. I know how to work through these problems. I don't think I'll never be able to get with him specifically, and I don't want to hope to meet someone like him by leaving who I'm with. I love who I'm with, I just want him to work this problem out we've had for so long, but he wont.
whatamidoing

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 am

What is wrong with being alone right now? You are 22. It sounds like you fear being alone so you are relationship shopping.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 968