9 Months tomorrow. Any long term quitters here?

Postby Backatit » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:33 am

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow marks my 9 month mark from the day I quit smoking weed on November 7, 2016. Prior to that I had smoked for 6 years straight and near the end it was all shatter and wax all day every day.
I will say, I have seen improvement, but it’s been slow. My symptoms these days in order of intensity are:

• Mild depression
• Brain fog
• Lack of motivation
• Tiredness
• Muscle/nerve pain
• Anxiety

To deal with things I sleep, meditate, eat healthy and sleep. I’ve done some sporadic exercise but making that and intermittent fasting a habit are on my list. When I don’t eat until lunch I usually feel ok, but not always.

So, here’s my question to the long-term quitters/heavy smokers out there:

What was your process like? How long did it take for you to feel better. I know a lot of people say they felt a lot better at one year, and fully recovered at two. Was that the case for you? How did you feel around the 9 month mark?

Thanks everyone. This forum has been a big support, I think I’ve read pretty much every post on here lol.
Backatit

Likes Received: 6

Postby LyegotmeKrazy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 am

HI There Backatit...

Please try to read my post of ONE year off The Weed it will Totally help you and give you a new idea and hope

For me at 9 months my symptoms got worse but something special happened and now i am 300% CURED Loving Life :)

Cheers !
LyegotmeKrazy

Likes Received: 8

Postby Soberchic » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 am

So nice to here you backatit....im almost a year coming aug28th..im so happy to hear you. At 9 months i got on prozac from depression..i can identify with all your symptoms especiallly being tired on and off. I used to do kickboxing twice a week when i smoke daily now i cant get back into my regular routine. I also try to stay away from gluten and dairy if i dont i have this weird gas which i didn't suffer from before i quit. I had a ton of aches and pains but they seem to get better..brain fog is on and off..and i get weird eye pain and headaches on and off..im just hoping its a long drawn out case of Post acute withdrawal and it will go away sometime in the 2nd year..im glad you shared cause it made me feel better.also lately i want to sleep in every morning..like im so comfortable i could sleep forever..but its been so much better 6 months ago i was a reck...im grateful its getting better
Soberchic

Likes Received: 46

Postby Backatit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:56 am

Thanks guys,
@Lyegotme, you seem like you have a lot of energy lol, are you still on the pax? What's your plan with that moving forward?
@Soberchick, would you attribute your recent success mostly to the SSRI? I'm resistant to medication because I want to quit naturally and not need another detox. Do you have a game plan for coming off of it, or just seeing how it's going for now?
Thank you for the kind words anyway, best to you!
Anyone out there kick the habit med-free? I understand SSRIs are supportive, and sometimes necessary, but I'm stubborn :roll:
Backatit

Likes Received: 6

Postby cleanofgreen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 am

Hi Backatit,
I'm around 10.5 months off weed and alcohol with no meds whatsoever. I would say that I'm almost 90-95% now. I'm of the same opinion as you regarding medication. I didn't want to replace one drug with another but have to say the some may need them if it gets too much for them.
I’ve done some sporadic exercise but making that and intermittent fasting a habit are on my list

The key to success and all the symptoms you're left with in my opinion, is regular intense exercise (making your heart race and sweating a lot) for at least 30 mins a day 6 days a week. As you say improvement is slow but you can't deny its there and one of the biggest things you'll learn from this process is patience :D

Good luck and stay strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 125

Postby Willymammoth222 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Keep it up its not permanent I've gone through withdrawals before and felt better after the 6 months mark. I am now going through paws again i'm almost 11 months clean off smoking weed. It's hell I can hardly work, hardly enjoy activities that I know I enjoy, and feel as if my nervous system cannot register anything around making my enviornment seem unknown even friends and family I've known for years. From past recovery experience I think the key is intense excercise lifting and running with intermittent fasting, or long term fasting to speed things up. Also 5htp, Sam-e, L-tyrosine,Taurine, Gaba Ashwagandha, and Liposomal Vitamin c may help depending on how severe your paws are also Ginger Tea really really helps as well.
Willymammoth222

Likes Received: 0