Empathy and consideration.

Postby colinberry1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 am

I don't really know which area would you classify it in. We went shopping at Costco's 8 washing machine was stacked on the highest wrecking reaching up to 30 feet, they fell apart, 2 washing machines hit my wife causing her a brain injury and fractured three vertebrae.

I wanted to take the case to court, but my solicitors would not have it, they called in an official solicitor to take the position of my wife and ended the case, as if we did not exist. since then my wife have been extremely ill and have taken all my time, I do not have a minute to myself. our barrister told me the money is there in court funds, take it or leave it, and we have never heard from them again. When we went to the office of Court funds, they told us they could not talk about it, and send us on our way.

My wife have been extremely ill, I was going through post-traumatic stress disorder at the time, was brought on through the shock of believing that my wife was dying, she was thrown 10 ft away out of my arms lying there with blood pouring out of her mouth, I was trembling for weeks every time I thought of it.

Due to all the worries I have now had a stroke, my doctor warned me not to think about the case, because it was destroying me, I cannot stop worrying about what has happened to us, not being able to get any help we need or treatment privately.

Any advise on what to do, when you are disabled and caring for another disabled person,
colinberry1

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:37 pm

colinberry1 wrote:I wanted to take the case to court, but my solicitors would not have it, they called in an official solicitor to take the position of my wife and ended the case, as if we did not exist....our barrister told me the money is there in court funds, take it or leave it, and we have never heard from them again. When we went to the office of Court funds, they told us they could not talk about it, and send us on our way.

So you are looking for money? You are looking for legal advice? Or are you just looking for someone to tell you everything will be okay?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 898

Postby colinberry1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for answering my post, I think for you to understand it you need to have some experience in personal injury, civil procedure rules, to realise that the protocol have been broken by this bunch of so call solicitors. I am just trying to communicate with someone about my problems, it would help if you understand a little about personal injury law, I spent three years studying the protocols of CPR rules only to find out, that the solicitors were not doing their job, believing that we are all ignorant, even shocked me more when I found out a judge called Lord Woolf, new that solicitors were not doing their job that was required by protocol, well if one of the highest judge in the land warning and threatening solicitors to behaved themselves and follow protocol, what chance have I got, if a lawyer/solicitor wants to be corrupt there is nothing you can do about it, if you have the money to waste you could sue him for professional negligence, then is finding a solicitor/lawyer to take the job on, its known that lawyers/solicitors just won't take on that sort of work.
colinberry1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:28 am

colinberry1 wrote: I think for you to understand it you need to have some experience in personal injury, civil procedure rules, to realise that the protocol have been broken...

It is still unclear what kind of consideration you are seeking in here. If you believe in order to understand, a person is required to have experience in personal injury and civil procedures, then you are probably better off in a legal advice forum rather than a psychology forum.

If you are seeking some other form of consideration, maybe another forum members has something to offer.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby colinberry1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 am

Well Richard, if you read between the lines long enough, I'm sure you will begin to understand the logic of it all, what better area should understand to read between the lines then psychology.
colinberry1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:22 am

colinberry1 wrote:Any advise on what to do...

Why should anyone need to read between the lines? Why not simply be direct and clear? If a person wants advice on directions on how to get from point A to point B, why try to be unclear and have the person you are asking need to guess where you are trying to go.

Initially you say help of a disabled helping a disabled, but your focus is mainly on legal and the money you are due.

It is becoming a bit more clear why the solicitors may have quickly grown weary of dealing with your issue.

The bottom line, you are not really seeking advice, rather you are seeking validation, you are seeking pity for your issue disguised as asking for helpful advice. It is truly unfortunate there was an injury caused by falling washing machines. The legal system will pay what it will pay, regardless if you believe it sufficient. This has taken place for thousands of years. Maybe in Sumeria you would have received a goat as payment or maybe nothing at all. The justice system uses a balance of scales for a reason and they don't always get it right.

If there is some other condolence you would like, some other validation of your strife, some other consideration you want, be clear about it.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby colinberry1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:04 am

Well well Richard, the accident took place in 2003 when washing machines fell on a couple from the height of 30 feet, causing his spouse severe injuries, the couple wanted to take the case to court, but the solicitor decided that they had no say in the matter, brought in an official solicitor to represent them, the official Solicitor accepted what offer was made and ended the case, everyone was paid except the victim, the victim was expected to live on nothing not being able to pay her bills or survive since 2003, the couple have been extremely ill because of all the pressure trying to survive, if any doubt on the state of the couple they have a WebCam constantly running 24/7 prove of their hardship every day not being able to pursue the claim that is due to them, I would put a link to the web cam if I thought it was safe to put it on here. but here's a link to the whole scenario, Google, ( colin berry 2, pleading-for-justice ) ( there is a video at the bottom on the current position of the victims. I do hope if anyone is unfortunate enough to walk into a cash-and-carry and within five minutes their life totally changed into this nightmare and having to explain to people why they need help. I ran an established business for 20 years before the accident covering electrical and plumbing, had to live of our savings enclose some insurance policies to survive, my elderly parents that depended on me had to suffer without our support, and died, with their estate settlement help us to carry on surviving.
colinberry1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 am

So you were hoping to post a link to a webcam in the forum and get money? For an accident that took place 14 years ago?

The accident is unfortunate. But it doesn't sound as if you are seeking justice, rather it appears like you are begging for money from strangers. The fact you are doing it via the Internet is no different than putting your hand out with a sign around your neck that reads, "Disabled and poor due to corrupt justice system, please give me money."

Like anyone begging, people will provide some funds based on whatever empathy they have for your particular story. Begging in this particular forum is against the rules.

Am I wrong? Do you expect an international audience to watch the webcam, here your plea from a 14 year old case and the justice system will be forced to pay you? I guess once again you are not being clear what you expect to happen?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby colinberry1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Well all I can say is, I certainly don't recommend giving anybody any money on an Internet forum, the only person I would give any money to, is a family member in desperation, we live in a wicked world that you cannot trust anybody. I'm sure you all are not stupid enough to part with your hard-earned money to some conmen. I did not realise that some people may have read me begging for money. Google, LinkedIn colinberry1 BMS I have run a well establish business for over 20 years, I decided to close all of them to care for my wife, in my eyes she came first before anything else. You can always make more money, but I cannot get me another wife like Mary.

I can assure you all that I will never asked anyone for money on here, I apologise for giving some people the wrong impression.

I have some very rich friends that would help me out if I found myself in trouble, but always have been wise with money that would highly be unlikely.
colinberry1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:57 am

colinberry1 wrote: I did not realise that some people may have read me begging for money.

So then what did you believe you were asking of others? What do you believe you are working towards or accomplishing with your posts?

Your posts take time to write. Do you think your posts will pay the electric bill somehow? Do you think your posts will rewind time? Do you think they will change the way the justice system works? Do you believe your posts will help others not shop at Costco? Or are your posts simply to make yourself feel like you are accomplishing something?

I guess this is why I continue to be unclear. It seems to me that your posts don't really accomplish anything for Mary. Maybe the posts give you a false sense of comfort, allowing you to feel like you are doing something about the situation by posting, giving yourself temporary comfort as opposed to using your time to actually do something to move forward in life.

In fact, closing your businesses seems to be the exact opposite of caring for your wife. You can't take care of another person if you can't even care of yourself.

A simple analogy is a farmer. His wife suffers an injury. So he stops farming?! How on earth does that help his wife?! The exact opposite holds true. The farmer would need to plow a few more fields, harvest more crops to then be more capable of providing for his injured wife. If he stops farming to stay at the side of his wife, he becomes just as much a victim as his bed ridden wife.

I think you have the expectation the community is suppose to provide for both you and your wife. You have the expectation that the community needs to provide for both the farmer and the wife. How realistic do you believe that expectation?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby colinberry1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:[ allowing you to feel like you are doing something about the situation by posting,

Well I guess that is about it, the years are going by, we are getting more ill over this situation, I have tried to get local solicitors to come round to help me with my situation, but none are willing to take the job on, I'm told that solicitors won't take on these types of problem, protecting their own from scrutiny. a site call victims unite, says that these are the common situations for people in our predicaments.

As for income, we are both retired now and managing on our retirement, the accident took place when we were bought 55 years old, we are 69 now, I don't believe they should be treating us like this, it's so unfair.
colinberry1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:02 am

colinberry1 wrote: ....it's so unfair.

What is so unfair? That the community is not obligated to take care of both you and your wife for life?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP