Smoking weed at the same time everyday and recently quit

Postby Onward and upward » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:22 am

First off, I want to say that I truly have been struggling with weed withdrawals. I'm a little over 3 weeks in and this is a total mind ****. I feel "out of it" for most of the day and it gets worse and better, basically coming in waves. I feel much better after working out. Throughout the summer I was smoking everyday, most of the time it was just once a day, but roughly at the same time everyday. Around 10pm I would get off work most nights, go home for a bit, and then go smoke some really strong stuff with friends. Now, after quitting, I feel detached from the real world most of the time but like I said, it comes in waves and some days are worse than others. Yet I notice that I begin to feel "normal" most nights around 10pm. I might sound stupid for this but I believe that I have trained my brain to release certain chemicals every night that make me feel good and normal on schedule. I'm not totally sure why this is or how to feel about it.

Just some background, I am 18 years old, I came to college the same day that I quit cold turkey and I haven't had anxiety or depression in the past. BUT most people would develop anxiety if they went through what I did this summer (intense family problems) yet I feel i smoked so often and used that as a form of coping without really realizing it. Not sure what I'm asking for, help? Guidance? A common experience? I think that with time my brain will re-adjust, this is just wild and I felt that it needed to be shared.
Peace and Love
O&U
Onward and upward

Likes Received: 0

Postby Deff » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:40 pm

HI O&U,
I cannot speak medically about the brain releasing chemicals but I can second the intense cravings that come on at times I was used to smoking. After work especially time slows down to a crawl and if I don't do anything the cravings intensify. IMO this is the brain being trained and is a matter of being untrained to like new activities, which is why it is so important to pick up new hobbies, exercise, etc....

I am still going through hell as well and and not in the clear. Anxiety, foggy brain, tiredness, etc....

Hope this helps and stay strong!

deff
Deff

Likes Received: 4