quitting cannabis after 10 years .....

Postby jayc93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:46 pm

hi jayc93 here and just want to make everyone aware that cannabis abuse isnt a joke and most recreational users end up full time smokers pretty quick and it will spiral out of control from there but seeing the out of control part may be the day you quit for good!

been smoking since i was 14 years old got into a crowd in a little village i grew up in. Had around 6 mates who all started smoking cannabis together really . mainly at weekends to start with but soon escalated into an everyday thing go school go home get high just started with my friends and i raising £2.50 each to get a 10bag sad i know but almost every night for months until then we started to meet up together before school hours ( on the way to school ) and get high before going in. Being at such a young age i was naive to think it was clever and doing it to fit it i already smoked tobacco then so cannabis was a great laugh munchies giggles ect.. until now 24 years old and i look back on it and regret not doing well in school got kicked out of my parents house at 16 for smoking cannabis which didnt help one bit my life went from all fun and games to this addiction iv suffered with since 18yr old realizing it is a problem but not knowing there were many people like me who want to live normally . i decided to quit because of not getting where i want to be in life and fed up of feeling the same old sh*t i feel on a daily anyone who takes the time to read this and can make a change do it for yourself and doing so will benefit others too i will keep updating as i go on today being day 1 of quitting
jayc93

Likes Received: 2

Postby Wolfie2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 am

I'm right there with you my friend, day 1 today. I hope you made it through you first 24 hours.

Focus on the next 24 and don't look beyond that. Day by day.

You CAN do this. Keep us posted.
Wolfie2000

Likes Received: 26

Postby jayc93 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 am

im still here woken up with a foggy head and feeling rather confused im taking cbd capsules now to help with the anxiety which i thinks helps too long of abusing this drug that shouldnt be abused wish i could have one here or there but i quit the other week for 5 days then my mate texted about some cheese BANG back to square one. not doing that again regretted it by the time the first bong hit me ! @wolfie2000 keep it up we can do this
jayc93

Likes Received: 2

Postby Wolfie2000 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 am

nice. I feel like were in this together haha - I have felt about the same thing you are describing. Just keep in mind, its just another 24 hours. dont get discouraged.

Something that I did, I contacted several friends (those who smoke) and have asked them not to bring it up around me anymore, most have been very understanding of my situation. I also apologized in advance if I act like a douche (I'm sure I will at least once).

Right now, i have to sit down and do work. My mind is racing 10000 thoughts a second, every other thought it "What can you do to make yourself comfortable right now' - its liek walking into a brick wall of your own mind. I want to work, I NEED to work - but its just constantly there. I thought these cravings were for people who hit stuff like Heroine, nope - its all the same.

Just another 24 hours today, and another 24 tomorrow - im trying to keep myself busy and I hope you do the same. Whatever you do don't give up, no matter how bomb the next cheese is (haha)

We can do this.
Wolfie2000

Likes Received: 26