Constant struggle not to relapse

Postby OGKUSH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Hey guys. First of all I will tell you short about myself, probably not relevant, but hey... I am a 26 year old f*****r who have smoked ridiculously much for about 8 years now. Everyday and throughout the day for at least 6 years. I've attempted to quit a few times before, but not like now, or at least not with the purpose to never smoke again. I am a fit and healthy guy, with a gorgeous and incredible girlfriend and a great f***ing family who all are very much aware and supportive.

Now... I bet you guys are going to laugh at me for the "Constant struggle not to relapse" heading after you read what I am about to write next - I've just been clean for a month now. Today, actually. And I felt like the worst of the withdrawals or actually pretty much all of them were gone after a couple of weeks. And now (two weeks later) for the last three or four days I've almost relapsed a few times. The only thing that has kept me from doing so, is my beautiful girlfriend. If I did, she would leave me within a heartbeat, quick. Anyway, I am currently on a sick leave (I think it's called in english) off work for being depressed and with everything considered and mixed together I feel like I am literally going through hell. I have a really hard time convincing myself not to _just_ smoke once or twice to relieve some of that f***ing stress. I know that sound stupid and not a very good idea, but as I've said, I am struggling to convince myself. I don't exactly know why I am writing all of this or what you can exactly reply to this.

But thanks for listening! Also, I am sincerely sorry in advance if I've wasted a few minutes of your life and/or annoyed the hell out of you with all of my typos :shock: (I am a Norwegian lad, so please excuse me)

Thanks again,
Chris
OGKUSH

Likes Received: 0

Postby jayc93 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 am

@OGKUSH quitting is hard but you hit 1 month be proud and dont look back you will regret just a couple of puffs of a joint then back to square one again the withdrawal is a pain but it will be worth it in the long run. keep going and dont blow it for yourself or family . good luck
jayc93

Likes Received: 2

Postby tokeless » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 am

Hi.. A few observations from your post. Are you sure you're depressed and not just pissed off with things because you're craving? Your writing despite the content sounded quite upbeat and I didn't sense a depressed guy.. what stress do you have right now and how would weed address it or help manage it? You've done a month.. why quit now and start all this sh** again at some point? Btw. I smiled 35yrs daily, wake and bake... just quit and focus on what's good in your life. I would also suggest going back to work as it will occupy your day. Quitting with nothing to do is just harder.. make good choices Chris. That's the key out of there.
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 182

Postby tokeless » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 am

Don't you just hate predictive text at times... smoked but I guess smiled alot too ; )
tokeless

Likes Received: 182