Finally took the plunge

Postby seeingthelight » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 pm

I finally took the plunged after being a longterm smoker and have 7 days clean from Mary. PAWS started immediately with night sweats, dreams and anxiety. However I'm fully aware this is normal. After intense vivid dreams and heavy sweats last night, I woke today feeling positive and ready to move forward in my life. The benefits of being free from a plant that can enslave people and destroy ambitions, far out ways the satisfaction of getting high. Not looking over my shoulder or worrying where I'm getting my next sack from feels great. I'm sure there will be ups and downs, however I have no desire at all to take a toke. I took too many beatings from Mary and look forward to a better life my friends! Just thought I'd start sharing my current experience with others in this forum :wink:
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 20

Postby seeingthelight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:17 pm

A lot of ups/downs and hard days. However I'm still dedicated to turning the corner and continue to be free from the green. Just a little note on my progress
seeingthelight

Postby SweLion » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:41 pm

How is it going mate ?

Thank you for this sentence:
"The benefits of being free from a plant that can enslave people and destroy ambitions, far out ways the satisfaction of getting high"
SweLion

Likes Received: 3

Postby seeingthelight » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:06 pm

There have been a ton of ups and downs. PAWS is definitely no joke. Especially when you’re under extreme stress. But there have been a lot of positives. My priorities are no longer getting high. I started virtual meetings this weekend!! Spent quality time with loved ones!! Picked up a new book!! Little by little I’m seeing good changes in my life. One day at a time!! Thank you for asking!!
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:19 pm

16 days free from it today!! I'm waking up earlier with more energy. Night sweats appeared to have subsided. Still a long way to go, however there are some positive improvements happening
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Day 18 - Fatigue has set in, however I'm feeling noticeably better. Just thought I'd share progress with everyone. I guess there are a lot of ups and downs
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Another positive: Work is improving little by little. I'm communicating better with coworkers, here early everyday and getting the work done at a higher level. I've told management I'm rededicated to my position. My goal is to be a model employee and improve my career with time!
seeingthelight

Postby zero145 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:08 am

Congrats on 18 days! Glad to see that you're finding lots of things to do, and that weed isn't your priority anymore. Weed is like putting a band-aid on a gash imo... sooner or later you're going to either have to get stitches (aka get clean) or it's going to get infected and make things a whole lot worse. It helps at first, but eventually it just adds to the problem.

Sorry if that didn't make sense lol. But when you're having a rough day, just think "hey, on day x I felt like trash, but here I am x days later still clean and alive". If you can get through one rough day, you can make it through the rest. Good luck!!
zero145

Likes Received: 4

Postby seeingthelight » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks zero145!
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Today is 20 days free and it was a good one. Slept like a log for 12hrs last night and then went for a nice cruise to get away and visit family. It was pretty normal. I’ll take and appreciate the good days when I can!
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Today is officially my 21st day. It might not sound like much.. But it feels like a lifetime ago. I can't get ahead of myself though.. While the last thing I'd do right now, is take a step backwards.. I've known people who've gone years and then took steps backwards. So I believe you always have to take things one day at time. Just thought I'd continue to share my progress in this journey
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Day 22 - After sleeping like a log for 3-4 days.. I had a terrible night of sleep last night. Woke up about 5 times and didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I'll assume they'll continue to be ups and downs in this journey.
seeingthelight

Postby tokeless » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi.. for what it's worth I don't advise counting days but accept some do. I think it keeps you focused on the struggle I.e another day done.. whereas if you just accept you don't smoke anymore you can focus on other things. As I say it's just my opinion but if you feel it helps then okay but if you were in prison, counting the days since the door slammed wouldn't make the sentence seen shorter would it? If anything it would be the opposite... best wishes anyway. You're doing okay and it will get easier. The battleground is in your mind.
tokeless

Likes Received: 182

Postby seeingthelight » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks for the tip tokeless! I've see others post there timeline and thought it would be good to start my own. I'm open minded and will give this a try
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:38 pm

I will say this, things have improved drastically from week 1. So I do agree things get easier with time
seeingthelight

Next