Quit weed but lost focus

Postby N33ds0meh3lp » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi guys I've been using pot since I was 18. Up until I'm 21 and started livin on my own, I have been smoking pot almost everyday up until I'm 25...that's when I started use pot even more throughout the day. Smoke whenever I get the chance to. I'm 28 now and have decided to stop using pot because I want to focus in school. Pot isn't that great anymore. It slowly killed me inside and ruined my character as a whole. I have stopped using pot 2 weeks ago on Oct 16. I have researched and a lot of people claimed that once you stopped using pot you will gain back your mental clarity and retain your focus. However it's not happening to me and I feel very frustrated because I couldn't even do my homework. I couldn't stay focused and always get distracted. I'm determined to quit pot to better my life but so far it's not happening. I dont know if it's because it's too early but is there anybody with the same experience? How do you gain back your focus? Pls share some tips. I don't want to go back to pot just to give me that motivation. Thank you for reading.
N33ds0meh3lp

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:10 pm

I have researched and a lot of people claimed that once you stopped using pot you will gain back your mental clarity and retain your focus. However it's not happening to me and I feel very frustrated

The time frame varies so you'll have to stick at it. It's not like a switch you can flick off and on. Get out and do things that you put off to get stoned. Connect with others you left behind to get stoned. You're expecting too much just because you stopped 2 weeks ago??
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 182

Postby laureat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:25 am

There is one side of yours that wants to quit smoking
But there is another side that fights to smoke again

This inner conflict causes what you call "lost the focus"

All you have to do is : dont smoke
laureat

Likes Received: 101

Postby seeingthelight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:09 pm

I beg to differ. I have no urge whatsoever to go back right now. I'm not fighting it at all. However things have been cloudy ever since I put down Mary. It takes time for the mind to get use to functioning without. Once you get past the fog, you'll be twice as sharp and life will be better. You just have to hang in there and get thru it. It's like 1 big hangover
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 20

Postby N33ds0meh3lp » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Thanks everybody for the response.

Tokeless, you're right! I've only been 2 weeks off and already expected too much. I should be more patience and allow time to heal.

Laureat, thank you for helping me realize this internal conflict. Now that I know when I lose my focus, I know how to overcome it is by ignoring it and keep fighting 'til I feel better.

Seeingthelight, I have no urge either. But that cloudy fog in the mind sometimes makes me want to go back using it again, just 1 toke lol. But no, a decade use of pot is plentiful enough for me. I guess I'm just too excited for the new journey in life that's why I have been expecting the results right away. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll hang in there and get through this with all my will.
N33ds0meh3lp

Likes Received: 0

Postby seeingthelight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Great. Your focus will come back little by little. In fact, you'll probably be more focused once you get thru the hard part
seeingthelight

Postby seeingthelight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 am

How is this going for you? 28 days in and a lot of my focus is back
seeingthelight