2 weeks clean of weed

Postby seeingthelight » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:54 am

The night sweats were pretty nasty. A couple times I woke up in the middle of the night, and everything was soaked. I had to wipe myself down with a towel and change clothes. It might have been a combo of the full body detox, my nerves and my system kicking it out. Not really sure.. I've been sticking to cranberry/water as they say it good for cleaning out your system. Maybe I'll try mixing in orange juice as well!! I felt some distorted vision and dizziness.. Didn't care for it too much either..lol
And thanks.. Chatting here has been helpful when my nerves are shot tryagain68
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 23

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

I haven't had any sweats, thankfully.
My main thing is staying asleep. I seem to wake up either multiple times during the night, or just wake up (like last night) at 3.30am and that's it for the night. This leaves me feeling very drained for work, but I seem to catch up on the 3rd night out of pure exhaustion. 2 bad night, one good night sort of pattern. This doesn't feel very healthy, but I am hoping my brain will learn how to sleep again at some point.

Also, I have to accept that natural sleep is never going to be as deep as substance-induced sleep, which is a bit disappointing, but what are you going to do?

Sleep for me has never come easy as I have ADHD, and it's part of that package (Probably the same package that led me to find weed in the first place?) - I wake up at the slightest sound and am often woken by my own thoughts very abruptly. So abruptly, I see stars and my heart rate races for a minute. Not fun.

Anyway, 3 weeks and 2 days clean today :-)
SleeplessInEngland

Likes Received: 6

Postby tryagain68 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Get yourself some herbal sleeping tablets ! And camomile definately helps as does the excercise ! You don't have to take them everynight but you definately need a few good sleeps! Otherwise it just makes everything else more difficult xxxxx I'm now 5 weeks clean and no tobacco either .
Go us !
tryagain68

Likes Received: 5

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 pm

5 weeks weed-free tomorrow!

Feeling much more energy during the day since 10 days ago.
Sleep still not great, but the dreams have died down - still happening, but not so vivid.
Waking up at 4am and just trying to enjoy the bed.

I've had some headaches which I've had in the past. They are behind one eye, same side temple and feels like a hot knitting needle going through my eye. Dr suggests cluster headaches. Hopefully, this is just a reaction to quitting and not something that had been routinely hidden by weed.
SleeplessInEngland

Postby tryagain68 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Well done , to both of us !! I'm happy to be on this journey with you X
I hope your headaches resolve, I'm sure they will.xxx
tryagain68

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm 6 weeks clean today!!

Doing more mindfulness-type stuff, binaural beats/isochronic tones (on Youtube), am clearer headed, mood is marginally better, am more organised at work, sleep still not amazing but better than the first 2 weeks after quitting green.
SleeplessInEngland

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:22 am

I'll be 11 weeks clean in 2 days time!
I'm not actually missing it to be honest but I am missing sleep.
I've woken again at 3am and am unable to get back to sleep. Very boring.
It's 5.20 am now and I might as well get up for the day.
How's everyone else here doing?
SleeplessInEngland

Postby Pothead1990 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:50 am

Guys (and gals ;-) ) on this forum are very strong. I am 72 hours clean and I have never been so sweaty in my life! I applaud you all, stay strong for us all sleepless.
Pothead1990

Likes Received: 4

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 am

Sorry to hear that. The first 2 weeks for me were tough but do-able.
Hang in there.
I was thinking about trying a Marijuana Anonymous online meeting this week if I can work out what EST means and therefore attend on time.
SleeplessInEngland

Postby tryagain68 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 am

Hey sleepless ,merry new year. I think it means eastern standard time X
Almost 3 months clean now ! I've put on a little weight ( much needed) and I'm feeling much better now, no more anxiety .
Pothead, we know exactly how you feel ,the beginning isn't fun,but it does get easier I promise xx
Get a b complex vitamin and some cod liver oil tablets, excercise and be kind to yourself
tryagain68

Postby Lightweight » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 pm

I have been clean for nearly 16 months and I'm still waking up twice in the night. I always seem to wake up after one and a half hours of being asleep. I did have extreme withdrawal at the very beginning though.
Lightweight

Likes Received: 2

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Lightweight, my sleep isn't what it was as well.
I've made a conscious adjustment to just accept that my sleep isn't going to be as sound as it felt when I was smoking weed.
As my sleep might not improve, I decided to change my attitude towards it!

I gave up smoking 8 days ago, too. I've had 3 in that time, but have now joined a pharmacy Quit Smoking scheme and have NR (mist and inhalators) but I don't intend to be on them long as they just keep you in the nicotine cycle.

As I want something to occupy my mind and hands in the evenings, I've built a few Lego models and started finger knitting with a Youtube tutorial! I've made a scarf and a beanie and they have had loads of compliments with people asking me to make one for them. A new business opportunity, maybe? lol.

I've also downloaded a gratitude app and it prompts me to list 3 things I've been grateful for each day.

No weed now for.....I can't even remember how long...maybe 10 weeks?

We got this. We can do anything if we put something in its place and seek to improve ourselves rather than just wallow.

I've put on about 5lbs in weight, and I'm not happy about that, but I am going to do something about it :-)
Keep going folks!!
SleeplessInEngland

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 pm

I just checked...I've been clean 13 weeks now :-)
SleeplessInEngland

Postby SleeplessInEngland » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi,
Just checking in. How's everyone doing?

I'm 4 and a half months clean of weed now.
8 weeks tobacco free and
3 days alcohol free.

I've put on 7lbs weight though :-/
SleeplessInEngland

Postby Jonok1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:59 am

Hi
I’m at 60 days free, not easy is it! I’m feeling pleased that I’ve come this far but am yet to feel much benefit from giving up to be honest. I feel very low in the mornings usually get up very early and read as I find staying in bed impossible. I hope that things get easier soon. Reading posts on this site help keep me on the straight and narrow and I am saving money and relived that I no longer have to visit shady people to score.
My sex life has completely ground to a halt which is a huge sadness, orgasms are pointless, I hope this changes for the better, I am wondering if weed had become a big part of me getting off? I live in hope that things will get better as time goes by.
I wish I could tell you it got easier but I’d be lying, it’s quite a battle it seems. Good luck and hang in there.
Jonok1

Previous