One year today

Postby Backatit » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 am

Quit smoking a year ago
The experience for me has been very very slow but steady improvement. I think I’ve read almost every post on this site, it’s been very supportive. My idea is it will easily take my brain another year to normalize, I was smoking wax all day every day.
After one year though I can say I’m better than I was a few months ago, and every few months I could say the same thing.
My top advice: be patient, if you’re tired, sleep. If you’re hungry, eat. My meditation practice supported me the most, I also ate healthy and I have a few good supportive friends. I still need a regular exercise routine and a girlfriend, so that’s on the agenda. Depression and lack of motivation is no joke though, it’s a downward spiral that’s hard to get out of, so do what you can. Go easy on yourself, relax as much as possible on lean on anything and everything that isn’t drugs or alcohol. Your other bad habits can change later, focus on clearing your mind and moods first.
GL to everyone out there with PAWS, it’s a bitch, but you’re doing it, and when you (we) find ourselves totally on the other side of the struggle we’ll be so happy that we forfeited short term pleasure for long term health and satisfaction
Backatit

Likes Received: 2

Postby seeingthelight » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 am

This is a great story! Thank you for sharing!
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 20

Postby Soberchic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:32 am

Thanks for your share..i came up on 14 months and yes i can identify with you that it is a slow process. Paws sucks every month i dealt with something but after 9 mo and getting on antidepressants im alot better.moods are good, no more headaches, no more digestive problems. Im still tired in the morning. It gets better
Soberchic

Likes Received: 44

Postby seeingthelight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:40 pm

It's definitely a slow process with ups and downs. Your story 14 months in gives me hope of a brighter future on the other side though!
seeingthelight

Likes Received: 20

Postby Gitana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for the advice Backatit - indeed, slow and uneasy path that is - congrats for the quit and all the best for the road ahead!
Gitana

Likes Received: 33