11 weeks, trying & succeeding!

Postby EdenG » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:06 am

Just thought I’d post a quick note to say that 11 weeks ago I managed to begin saying “no” to my nightly marijuana habit.
Prior to that day, I had been trying to cut down and quit for about 18 months. Cutting down just didn’t work for me. I have to be completely weed free for it to work.

I am smoking a few cigarettes per day, which I know some of you will say I shouldn’t be doing, but you know what?
I’m taking it easy on myself and by the end of January I plan to be free of tobacco as well. So far, so good in my eyes.

I’m insanely proud of myself for not smoking for the last 11 weeks and I am even able to be around friends who are smoking and politely decline when offered a smoke.

In the first couple of weeks I’d wake up in the morning soaked in sweat; I’ve got to say night sweats are not much fun! I also had pretty vivid, nasty dreams. I’m still having pretty vivid dreams, not nasty anymore thankfully; pre-marijuana my dreams were always vivid and I remembered them upon waking.

I had my long distance boyfriend break up with me about 7 weeks in to quitting and although I considered asking a friend for a couple of joints during that difficult breakup period, I didn’t. It hasn’t been easy, but it’s been getting so much easier since the 8 week mark.

I hope you’re all doing well with your own recovery =)

Thanks for reading!
Likes Received: 17

Postby EdenG » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am

Well, I'm not doing great...

I've been smoking almost nightly again for the past three weeks...
Only joints, not bongs, but it's still weed and it's depressing me :(
Likes Received: 17

Postby EdiBee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello Eden,

Keep on the fight. You can stop smoking again. I am at almost 3 months of weed free, and 3 weeks alcohol free.
You need to start your healthy revolution. During the process, and at the end, like a lot of people have said here, the only thing you will find is your true self and happiness. Isn't that great?

Hope you doing well,
Likes Received: 6

Return to Addictions