12 hours sober: The Marijuana Diaries :-C

Postby Pothead1990 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Hey Eden?
So far so good, flushed my remaining stash in the middle of the night! I slept alright thanks! I've read a bit about nicotine, very strong stuff. I first smoked weed at 16 in high school just because I wanted to be cool, but a few times and far apart. I tried booze back then too but to this day my body rejects alcohol violently! It confounds me how the stuff is so popular. Weed became my main girl in university, that's when we really got to know each other. At first I smoked with friends just for fun, but after a while I realized I was happier and the munchies worked great for my strength training! I didn't see it as a problem then, it was more of an extra in the great drama that is college. Sex, good grades and the prospect of healthy career featured more prominently. After uni I got really close to the job of my dreams and I was still a recreational smoker back then (i.e when I got it, which was rare). I didn't get the job and I was devastated, but I did not deal with it well plus I was in an unhealthy union. Eventually I got over the job/lack thereof and got two more jobs one of which was so stressful I took ritalin (methylphenidate) just to make it through the morning. I should tell you that getting drugs here is ridiculously easy Eden. Anyway, around that time my relationship was at the zenith of its deterioration and my consumption of weed spiked! During periods of unemployment it went even higher. My last job had its demerits too, and i'd smoke half a joint before work at 6.30am! And the roach at 5.30pm. That's when I realized and formally acknowledged my problem. Why do I smoke weed? Because I feel better than when i'm sober I guess and most of the time I'm so unhappy that I find there's really no difference in my attitude in either state. Besides no one has ever identified me as a pothead, except me and this drunk fella at a party who was offended when I rejected a whiskey, as I enjoyed a finely rolled well...
Pothead1990

Likes Received: 4

Postby Pothead1990 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm

[b][b]Eden I recently came across this content as I was making the decision to quit smoking pot:
Search youtube for: A simple way to break a bad habit | Judson Brewer
I'd post the link but the site says it looks like spam :lol: :lol:
I can appreciate that nicotine has been demonstrated to be far more physically addictive as a substance than THC, or even heroin :-( as you write. I hope the speaker's suggestions, which I find novel, are of some assistance to you and anyone looking to kick a bad habit. Once more, thank you for your continued support and I am here for you too.
Pothead1990

Postby EdenG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 am

Hey Ernest,

Woohoooo!!
Go you for flushing the rest of your stash! So proud, that's awesome!!

I'm not in a great mood today and can't think of much to type as a result, but just thought I'd pop in and let you know I've read your posts and hope you're doing well today :)
EdenG

Likes Received: 17

Postby Pothead1990 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 am

Eden :-) :-)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Whenever you're ready I'll be over here.
You're very important to me right now, vital, critical even.
I appreciate you.
Pothead1990

Postby EdenG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:31 pm

I cannot express how much it means, right now, to be told I am appreciated :)
Thank you my Kenyan friend!!

Talking to you helps me too and I'm happy to be here for you!
Critically important hey?! Wow, you're gonna give me a big head haha

I appreciate you too :)

How is your day going? What have you been up to?
How are you feeling without weed?

Pothead1990 wrote:Why do I smoke weed? Because I feel better than when i'm sober I guess and most of the time I'm so unhappy that I find there's really no difference in my attitude in either state.

Ohhh my friend, you really do need to find a good psychologist, which I can appreciate might not be easy in your country...
:( Maybe once you've got a job you'd be able to afford to see someone worth talking to about stuff. You need to get on top of your depression and such :( It pains me to hear that you're unhappy...

Just so you know, it's 11:30pm here and I'll be going to sleep shortly.
I shall be back tomorrow after work though :)
EdenG

Postby Pothead1990 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 pm

I feel good! Minor cravings. I'll definitely seek a therapist when I can. Sleep well and have a productive day!
Pothead1990

Postby EdenG » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

Hello my friend!
How are you today? :) What's news?! Tell me something! :)

I had a pretty average nights' sleep, but a verrrryyy productive day at work today! Was there until 6:30pm. I usually work 9-5:30pm! Was insanely busy!

It's now the weekend though and thank goodness for that! Haha
EdenG

Postby Pothead1990 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Hey Eden, TGIF eh?
It's going well. So far so good. Average is better than bad so we'll take it. I've been flagged as a no good spammer :-(
Pothead1990

Postby EdenG » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:31 am

Thank god it’s the weekend indeed my friend!

Glad to hear you’re doing alright, average is better than bad :)

Oh no! Why have you been flagged as a “no good spammer”?!
EdenG

Postby Pothead1990 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:03 am

I think it's because of the TED talk I shared with you, I got a notification of some kind. Looking forward to a sober weekend of rest and meditation Eden. I hope you're well and cheerful, great weather for it.
Pothead1990

Postby Sightblack » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:14 am

I can dig where you are coming from about getting help from shrink or rehab. I don't want to do either of those either. You certainly hit it right on the nose when you say weed is stereotyped as criminal and toxic, and once again, like you, I don't need some over-educated unintelligible college degree reciting a textbook or google to me.

I want to point something out to you. Maybe you have already considered this, maybe not, but it might help motivate you to quit.

In regards to employment, just being a user of marijuana (lawful or not) puts you at a huge disadvantage on the job market. As an example, if you got a job working as a taxi and had a minor fender bender while 100% sober, most likely, your employer will insist on a drug test. BAM. You are at fault by default (effed in the A) because you smoked before bed the day before. You can apply this logic to a great many jobs/careers.

So I really needed a job a few years ago and got my foot in the door with G4S Secure Solutions. I passed the drug test with friends piss and then BAM, I was an armed security guard (also a CPL holder in Washington), but let me tell you. If I have weed on my person or even in my vehicle while I legally possess a firearm, I will be arrested on the spot, regardless of legal weed in Washington state.

Now take that a step further, I actually had an altercation at work where an employee's boyfriend showed up to fight another employee over things that were said. When I made it to the front of the building the aggressor was already doing a ground and pound on the employee. I grabbed the man by the back of his collar and pants and flung him off the guy. In doing so, I dislodged an XD .45 caliber pistol from inside his jacket. He went for the gun but I got it first. Had that situation escalated any further, I would have had to discharge rounds, I have no doubt about it... I firmly believe if that situation became dire, at very least, my employment with G4S would be terminated if not jail time for being "an unlawful user".

Be strong, you will better off without it.
Sightblack

Likes Received: 29

Postby Pothead1990 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:49 am

Sightblack that's some very honest and real advice there, I'll take it. Thank you!
Pothead1990

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:34 pm

@ Pothead1990

Greetings my friend. We haven't spoken, but I've read your thread and you are definitely in the right place.

Do you mind letting us know how you are doing?

-Alex
asgoodasitgets

Likes Received: 92

Postby Pothead1990 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:47 am

@asgoodasitgets thank you, it's always a pleasure to meet new folks on the forum. I am not doing well. I require professional help. l can't do it alone, I now see. My rate of relapse makes my participation here a joke. I will keep trying all the same.
Thank you all.
Pothead1990

Postby EdenG » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 am

Hey Ernest,

I'm sorry to read that you're not doing well :(

What's been going on in your life lately that's making you relapse?

I'm also sorry I've not been on here for a while; I've been a bit down/depressed and haven't felt much like being on here.

Big hugs from your Australian friend :)
EdenG

PreviousNext